RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

qwert

Dec 28, 2010, 8:01 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1568 views)
Shortcut

Ad "issues"
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just a little heads up to what the ads on the site are doing.

(I guess part of it is that i am in europe, and thus only get generic google ads, and not all those nice layer ads and ultimate fighting stuff people where already raving about Cool)

Personally i am not offended by that or something, but i also wont click on those ads. Also it might look strange?

So unless i am missing something, and climbers are indeed the key demographic for mailorder brides, you might want to adjust your google ads a bit more?

And then there is this:

I guess that is a vertical google box, in a place where a horizontal one should be.
so part of it is hidden, which in turn, if i click on it, and have firefox's noscript addon running alerts me of a clickjacking attack.
Again, i dont mind, but to someone who doesnt see the error here, it looks rather bad.

qwert

(This post was edited by qwert on Dec 28, 2010, 8:02 PM)
Attachments: brides.png (21.5 KB)
  love.png (80.0 KB)
  hidden.png (34.1 KB)

wonderwoman

Dec 29, 2010, 7:17 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1532 views)
Shortcut

Re: [qwert] Ad "issues" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yikes! What exactly is a 'clickjacking attack'? I'm hoping a more tech savvy mod can help provide some answers to t his issue, though.

qwert

Dec 30, 2010, 8:13 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1513 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Ad "issues" [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wonderwoman wrote:
Yikes! What exactly is a 'clickjacking attack'? I'm hoping a more tech savvy mod can help provide some answers to t his issue, though.
In this case it is not really an attack (I assume), but here is an explanation anyways (as far as i understand it):

With modern we techniques, you can produce "invisble layers" over a webpage. So the users sees the site he wants/expects to see, but any click on this site is done on the invisible layer above it.
So the real site could have a link Click here to not install a virus or anything malicious, but the invisible layer coud have a Install a virus link directly at this place. So the user that thinks he doesnt install a virus, will do the opposite withouth noticing, but still by clicking the link him or herself. The users click gets thus hijacked, or clickjacked.

I dont believe that anything malicious is going on here, but the half hidden google ad seems to show the same behaviour (clickable, but hidden links), so the clickjacking warning gets triggered.

Or at least thats how i understand it, if someone knows more, feel free to correct me.

qwert

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook