Forums: Community: Campground:
What have you read, watched and listened to the most?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

notapplicable

Jan 7, 2011, 4:10 AM
Post #1 of 54 (6713 views)
Shortcut

What have you read, watched and listened to the most?
Report this Post
Can't Post

Not your favorites, unless they are one and the same, but the ones you've read, watched and listened to the most times? Bonus points for noting how many times.

Book: Outer Dark (3)

Movie: Heat (10+)

Album: Not sure actually, I'm not too much of a music guy. OK Computer or Time Out of Mind, probably.

(This post was edited by notapplicable on Jan 7, 2011, 4:39 AM)

Kartessa

Jan 7, 2011, 4:28 AM
Post #2 of 54 (6704 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Movie: Army of Darkness

Book: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (8x so far)

Album: Tool, Aenima

notapplicable

Jan 7, 2011, 4:40 AM
Post #3 of 54 (6699 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good idea on the count. OP edited.

bill413

Jan 7, 2011, 1:33 PM
Post #4 of 54 (6689 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Movie: 5th Element, Matrix, or MIB
Book: Goodnight Moon
Album: Speaking in Tongues, Gorillaz or Transformer

I've no idea of the counts.

(This post was edited by bill413 on Jan 7, 2011, 1:35 PM)

Gmburns2000

Jan 7, 2011, 2:59 PM
Post #5 of 54 (6680 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Book: my current spanish phrasebook. I rarely read books more than once, but if I have to guess it'd be The Stranger (2) and L'etranger (1) (numbers aproximate)

Movie: Either Ronin or Spy Game because I own them, but maybe Apocalypse Now (would be tops if I owned it)

Music: Damn, no idea because when I get to liking a band I listen to them a lot. Maybe Metric, Ambulance LTD, something by Radiohead or The Cure.

edge

Jan 7, 2011, 3:15 PM
Post #6 of 54 (6675 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Book: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (x6) Complete Lord of the Rings, and The Hobbit (x6)
Desert Solitaire and Monkey Wrench Gang (x4 each)

Movie: Probably LOTR trilogy, Pulp Fiction

Music: Neil Young, Grateful Dead, Outkast

kachoong

Jan 7, 2011, 3:17 PM
Post #7 of 54 (6672 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Book: Most likely Green Eggs and Ham... as an adult The Shining

Movie: Empire Strikes Back (most likely 20+)

Album: not sure between Tool- Undertow, Primus- Pork Soda and Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon

dan2see

Jan 7, 2011, 3:35 PM
Post #8 of 54 (6662 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I separate books into 3 categories: fiction, non-fiction, and technical.

Fiction: Land of Xanth novels.
Non-fiction: Wikipedia's science and technology subjects.
Technical: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator Bibles. These books are always on my desk, by necessity.

Watched: Most movies leave me wondering why I'm watching them. So I nominate "Canada's Worst Driver" for its excellent portrayal of attitude and skill in action.

Listen: I like music, so picking a favorite is too hard. Last week was Led Zep and Don Henley. Today it's Procofiev and Borodin.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jan 7, 2011, 3:52 PM
Post #9 of 54 (6654 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Movie: (old) Apocolyse Now, (more recent) 5th Element, ("dad") A bugs life All three probably 15+ each

Book: I'm not one to re-read books much, so I would have to go with the Jhereg series.

Music: For an album, probably Bob Marley's Ledgend. For song, Little Feet's Dixie Chicken (live), but The Alarm's Sold Me Down the River" is catching up. It our family theme song, so it gets frequent play.

traddad

Jan 7, 2011, 4:12 PM
Post #10 of 54 (6651 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The cyberpunk trilogy by Gibson (4)
Anything by Chris Whitley (infinity symbol)
Apocalypse Now

These are absolutely NOT my faves (although Whitley would be right up there), but up there enjoyable when repeated.

Many of my faves I actively avoid reading/listening/watching because they had such an effect that I don't want to blow it by repeating.

airbender

Jan 7, 2011, 4:49 PM
Post #11 of 54 (6645 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Movie: Last of the Mohicans countless

Book: Anything Louis Lamore

Music: The Smiths Subhumanz Pulp Ramones

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 7, 2011, 6:37 PM
Post #12 of 54 (6634 views)
Shortcut

Re: [airbender] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Movie: All three of The Plan B videos. To the point where the VHS tape played slow.

Book: Ender's Game/Shadow, Hitchhiker's Trilogy, Alice in Wonderland

Music: GnR Appetite for Destruction, also to the point where the cassette tape was off pitch because the tape was stretched out.

traddad

Jan 7, 2011, 7:40 PM
Post #13 of 54 (6623 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
Movie: All three of The Plan B videos. To the point where the VHS tape played slow.

Music: GnR Appetite for Destruction, also to the point where the cassette tape was off pitch because the tape was stretched out.

From the stunning display of tech seen above, I think we can safely say AB is ~60 years old.

atg200

Jan 7, 2011, 7:48 PM
Post #14 of 54 (6622 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by atg200 [In reply to]
Report this Post

wonderwoman

Jan 7, 2011, 8:34 PM
Post #15 of 54 (6606 views)
Shortcut

Re: [atg200] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Book: Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals (probably 4 times and also happens to be the book that I've given away most as a gift: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals)

Music: London Calling by the Clash. My brother left behind his double album when he went off to college, and I've been in love with it ever since.

Movie: The Jerk with Steve Martin, or maybe Pee Wee's Big Adventure. It's a close call.

sungam

Jan 7, 2011, 9:36 PM
Post #16 of 54 (6589 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Book - The Old Man and The Sea (as I said before I don't really reread other then this guy) probably 7-10 times.

Movies - The old drawn LOTR, I probobly watched that thing 20 times when I was young.

Listened- Not sure, but probobly black album or something.

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 7, 2011, 9:45 PM
Post #17 of 54 (6583 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:

Would that be The Beatles, Metallica, or Jay Z?

sungam

Jan 7, 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #18 of 54 (6572 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
sungam wrote:

Would that be The Beatles, Metallica, or Jay Z?
Unimpressed There can be only one.

edge

Jan 7, 2011, 11:38 PM
Post #19 of 54 (6567 views)
Shortcut

Re: [atg200] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

atg200 wrote:
Movie: The Big Lebowski. Seen it probably dozens of times - to the point that Big Lebowski quotes were almost like a speech impediment for awhile.

My son bought this for me for Christmas, and then told me he has never seen it. Obviously bad parenting on my part for not sharing it with him sooner.

caughtinside

Jan 8, 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #20 of 54 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Movie--either the Big Lebowski or Spaceballs

Book--Read Lord of the Rings 2x and Cryptonomicon 2x. Crypto was so good I read it the second time immediately after finishing it the first time. Don't think I've read anything else twice that wasn't a school assignment. Dante's inferno 3x?

Music--Either Sailing the Seas of Cheese or AIC Dirt. Maybe Ritual de lo Habitual.

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 8, 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #21 of 54 (6559 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] What have you read, watched and listened to the most? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmm, now that you mention it, it do vaguely recall a period in my life where Sailing the Seas and Frizzle Fry were on pretty much continuous rotation. But I was far too stoned to really take it all in.

notapplicable

Jan 8, 2011, 1:40 AM
Post #22 of 54 (6552 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:

I don't think I know what the "Plan B" videos are. I tried searching but there a ton of movies with that title and none seem to be associated with one another.

Link?

notapplicable

Jan 8, 2011, 1:50 AM
Post #23 of 54 (6547 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Looks like Hitchhikers and LOTR are by far the most read.

I've never read either...Crazy

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 8, 2011, 2:18 AM
Post #24 of 54 (6536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:

I don't think I know what the "Plan B" videos are. I tried searching but there a ton of movies with that title and none seem to be associated with one another.

Link?

It's a skateboarding team that came about in the mid 90s and revolutionized the sport. They brought in the super-techy side of the sport - switch 360 flip to crooks, shove-it dismount kinda stuff. They also had a couple vert riders - notably Danny Way a la DC shoes - that started going way big on ramp.

I was going to go with the Big Lewbowski, Super Troopers, and Strange Brew... but I'm sure I've seen any one of those skate vids dozens of times more. Literally.

notapplicable

Jan 8, 2011, 2:32 AM
Post #25 of 54 (6528 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:

Link?

It's a skateboarding team that came about in the mid 90s and revolutionized the sport. They brought in the super-techy side of the sport - switch 360 flip to crooks, shove-it dismount kinda stuff. They also had a couple vert riders - notably Danny Way a la DC shoes - that started going way big on ramp.

I was going to go with the Big Lewbowski, Super Troopers, and Strange Brew... but I'm sure I've seen any one of those skate vids dozens of times more. Literally.

Ah yes, that would explain it. Skateboard videos are well outside of my purview.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook