Premier Sponsor:

traddad

Jan 18, 2011, 4:21 PM
Post #1 of 17 (1399 views)
Shortcut

How to hide your IP addy?
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been permanently banzed in another forum for uttering the heinous word ass. (Ass ass ass ass ass..so banz me here to)
Unfortunately, the forum I'm banzed from is also the best place to ask questions about my new computer. I did the sock puppet thingy with a new e-mail addy but, being computards, they found that in...oh...about a month. Is there a way to hide your IP address so I can be a more stealthy sockpuppet?

...and no, I'm not stalkerizing Natalie Portman....much.

(This post was edited by traddad on Jan 18, 2011, 4:34 PM)

traddad

Jan 18, 2011, 4:35 PM
Post #2 of 17 (1395 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] How to hide your IP addy? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

...and yes, I am Kaiser Soze.

chadnsc

Jan 18, 2011, 4:40 PM
Post #3 of 17 (1388 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No I am Kaiser Soze.

Funny tidbit:
The director of Usual Suspects didn't let any of the main actors know who was Kaiser Soze. Mr. Director went so far as to privatly convince all the main actors that they where in fact Kaiser Soze. It wasn't untill the private screening of the film that the actors learned who Kaiser Soze was.

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 18, 2011, 4:43 PM
Post #4 of 17 (1385 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
I've been permanently banzed in another forum for uttering the heinous word ass. (Ass ass ass ass ass..so banz me here to)
Unfortunately, the forum I'm banzed from is also the best place to ask questions about my new computer. I did the sock puppet thingy with a new e-mail addy but, being computards, they found that in...oh...about a month. Is there a way to hide your IP address so I can be a more stealthy sockpuppet?

I wouldn't know anything about such activities, but my friend has some experience in it so I can ask him for you.

*pause*

There's a lot of ways of doing it, some far easier, and less effective than others. Do a search for 'IP masking'. A quick and dirty way is to use Google translate from any old language to English. It won't recognize any of the words as being Swahili so it'll just convert from English to English. The IP will be Google's.

qwert

Jan 18, 2011, 5:11 PM
Post #5 of 17 (1376 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] How to hide your IP addy? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Proxies
TOR
JAP
With the last two, you will see a speed penalty, but thats probably about the best anonimity you can get on the net.

But how did they find out just after 1 month? Are you sure that it wasnt something else? It might be a european thing, but i am used to dynamic IPs, so the IP is worthless, without info from your provider which user used which IP at which times.
Normally a forum should not be allowed to get that information. Thats only for the authorities, in case of things like pedophilia or copyright infringement.

qwert

edge

Jan 18, 2011, 6:07 PM
Post #6 of 17 (1365 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:

If you played by the rules, you wouldn't be in this fix.

traddad

Jan 18, 2011, 6:38 PM
Post #7 of 17 (1354 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] How to hide your IP addy? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
traddad wrote:

Rules are for the weak.

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 18, 2011, 6:39 PM
Post #8 of 17 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
edge wrote:
traddad wrote:

Rules are for the weak.

Banz him!

traddad

Jan 18, 2011, 6:50 PM
Post #9 of 17 (1345 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
traddad wrote:
edge wrote:
traddad wrote:

Rules are for the weak.

Banz him!

Shit, my mistake. Roolz iz 4 da weke.

Better?

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 18, 2011, 7:02 PM
Post #10 of 17 (1335 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
traddad wrote:
edge wrote:
traddad wrote:

Rules are for the weak.

Banz him!

Shit, my mistake. Roolz iz 4 da weke.

Better?

Yes.

jt512

Jan 18, 2011, 8:55 PM
Post #11 of 17 (1318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:

Like qwert said, are you sure it was your IP that gave you away? My ISP changes my IP weekly, and I can change it at will by just resetting my modem. Your browser, however, leaks a surprising amount of information about your computer, enough to possibly uniquely identify you. Try taking this test to see what I mean.

Jay

(This post was edited by jt512 on Jan 18, 2011, 8:56 PM)

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 18, 2011, 9:14 PM
Post #12 of 17 (1312 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] How to hide your IP addy? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
traddad wrote:

Like qwert said, are you sure it was your IP that gave you away? My ISP changes my IP weekly, and I can change it at will by just resetting my modem. Your browser, however, leaks a surprising amount of information about your computer, enough to possibly uniquely identify you. Try taking this test to see what I mean.

Jay

I'd assume though that if you were banzed and made another account in the same day or two - or hour which I'm sure many a pissed-off banzees do - then you're IPs would match up? Depending on his personality it could have been an easy match. Usually around here when someone is obnoxious enough to get banzed it's obvious to pick them out when they make a new account.

edge

Jan 18, 2011, 9:21 PM
Post #13 of 17 (1304 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jt512 wrote:
traddad wrote:

Jay

I'd assume though that if you were banzed and made another account in the same day or two - or hour which I'm sure many a pissed-off banzees do - then you're IPs would match up? Depending on his personality it could have been an easy match. Usually around here when someone is obnoxious enough to get banzed it's obvious to pick them out when they make a new account.

Whatever you say, subantz.

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 18, 2011, 9:23 PM
Post #14 of 17 (1299 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

traddad wrote:
Unfortunately, the forum I'm banzed from is also the best place to ask questions about my new computer.

Have you considered, at least from an entertainment value standpoint, making a new account and asking the people on the computer forum the best way to disguise your identity?

Arrogant_Bastard

Jan 18, 2011, 9:23 PM
Post #15 of 17 (1298 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] How to hide your IP addy? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jt512 wrote:
traddad wrote:

Jay

Whatever you say, subantz.

That hurts man. That really hurts.

blondgecko

Jan 18, 2011, 9:47 PM
Post #16 of 17 (1295 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This reminds me of this old classic from the heyday of IRC:

In reply to:
*** Now talking in #christian
-Word_of_God- Welcome Abstruse to #christian I am a Bible Bot. For more info type: /msg Word_of_God !info
<Abstruse> !kjv numbers 22:21
<Word_of_God>  Numbers 22:21 -- And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ass, and went with the princes of Moab. -  (KJV)
*** SageRider sets mode: +b *!*@c211-30-208-111.rivrw3.nsw.optusnet.com.au
*** Word_of_God was kicked from #christian by SageRider (Please dont Swear)
<Abstruse> I know I'm never going to be able to come back in this channel again after this, but damn was it worth it to see that...

traddad

Jan 18, 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #17 of 17 (1280 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
jt512 wrote:
traddad wrote:

Jay

Actually, I was so pissed that I said fukkit and stayed away for a week or so. Then I went in and was pleasant as pie. Really. Asshole.

(This post was edited by traddad on Jan 18, 2011, 10:55 PM)

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook