Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

crack_head

Dec 26, 2002, 4:55 PM
Post #26 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

I miss the East Coast ! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

yeah the east coast is sweet but i can't wait till this summer, road trip baby!

micronut

Dec 26, 2002, 5:20 PM
Post #27 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think what Randee is trying to do here is take a cheap shot at the intelligence level of "westerners" to make up for some internal lack of her own. "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

enigma

Dec 26, 2002, 7:37 PM
Post #28 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And here they show their true colors^^^
And I was trying to be optimistic!

[ This Message was edited by: enigma on 2002-12-26 22:18 ]

chalkdusttorture

Dec 26, 2002, 7:57 PM
Post #29 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

upstate NY just got pounded with 30inches of snow, no rock even in sight hahaha
WHite Christmas!!!!!!!!!!

locorogue

Dec 29, 2002, 10:25 PM
Post #30 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

With all due respect to the cool people(my 2 sons) I know here in the "East",the east really sucks. And obviously people from the east are going to say its the best, as do we from the west profess the same. But look how many people love the west when they go there, and the same cannot be readly said about the east? Most if not all the people from around here(east) possess all the negative attributes a human could have. Geographically the east sucks overall. I live in quite possibly the worst place(erie,pa) as compared to where I'm from(San Jose,Ca). Lets just say that I used to love all things life had to offer, until I spent some time here. Im going back to Cali soon, so I can begin life again, I cant wait to go home. Keep dreaming eastenders(California Dreaming)...

[ This Message was edited by: locorogue on 2002-12-29 14:56 ]

ride

Dec 29, 2002, 10:58 PM
Post #31 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Quote:
I think what Randee is trying to do here is take a cheap shot at the intelligence level of "westerners" to make up for some internal lack of her own. "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

EXACTLY, I'm glad someone said it before me, get off your east coast high horse enigma. I don't agree with it being her making up for a lack of her own, tho, enigma is an intelligent girl, I just think the west coast is too "different" for her, or something.

Oh Yeah and one more thing, if it wasn't for us unintelligent Californian's you wouldn't have the internet to bash on us with, so there! whoops it's 4:20, I have to go, but thats another thread isn't it....

[ This Message was edited by: ride on 2002-12-29 16:14 ]

number7

Dec 31, 2002, 4:46 AM
Post #32 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What an interesting subject. East meets West, and the showdown begins Lucky for me, I have had the opportunity to take plenty of time and travel all over this God-forsaken-land! I even packed all my $#!& to move to Portland once. And I would have to agree that people here on the East Coast are a little more in tune on what's up. It's a fact ($ per student) that western states spend a whole lot less on their children's edu.

But, on the bright side; westerners tend to be a little more down to earth, value personal relationships a little more, and have one hell of a landscape to look at

M

winkwinklambonini

Jan 1, 2003, 3:43 PM
Post #33 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Two words: Dunkin Donuts...

roninthorne

Jan 3, 2003, 2:21 PM
Post #34 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, moabbeth.. I live in Virginia, and I've never missed a day of bouldering because of the weather here... just takes some grit, something the honemasters from the zero humidity states can't seem to find when it ain't suntan weather...

And I am SO sure that no one on the East coast would have gotten around to creating the internet system... WHATEVER... talk to the hand. It would have been a different feel is all, since we couldn't have screwed all our partners like Gates, just to become King $#!&e of the PC world, ya see... oh, that must be some of that higher values thing someone mentioned... balancing all the POSITIVE innovations the West has given us is its tendency to CROW AND SPEW... come try climbing at your median level in 100 degree temps with 98% humidity, kiddies...

As far as people in the west valuing personal relationships more, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Las Vegas, where you can get married by Elvis, hire a legal hooker, and have it annulled in the same day, out west there, somewhere?

Better views/landscape? I don't know about all that... there are no high-rises, drive-by's, brown clouds, or nuclear reactors/major cities built on fault lines on THIS side of the Mississippi...

Meanwhile, back in West-by-god Virginia, we're new routin', aidin', boulderin', burnin' and really glad all you sunshine babies are content to stay right where you are!

Rock on East coast!!!

pbjosh

Jan 3, 2003, 3:56 PM
Post #35 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Enigma, I wouldn't knock college in California. UC Berkeley, Caltech, Harvey Mudd and the other Clairemont Colleges and other universities in California are among the best found anywhere. And they don't have an all East Coast enrollment.

josh

enigma

Jan 3, 2003, 9:06 PM
Post #36 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well everyone, I do think there are some good colleges on the west coast obviously.
Of course there are good people with depth, it was a general statement based on what I have encountered, and that's what's called an (opinion.)
Following that there are alot of east coasters that can also stand revisions. It is not a blanket statement,I thought that was clear and understood.
As for the posts questioning my flaws, or glass house, well admittedly I am not "perfect" but at least I'm working on it, some southern californians' can't see a realistic view of anything most especially themselves.
With that I do say that the climate here is beautiful,sunny and warm and the climbers generally are more adept, because of the time and energy they can devote.

ride

Jan 4, 2003, 8:38 AM
Post #37 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok enigma, your forgiven.

winkwinklambonini

Jan 4, 2003, 10:35 PM
Post #38 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The krispy Kreme invasion will stop here! Our borders are well protected!

jamesmonster

Jan 4, 2003, 11:36 PM
Post #39 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dunkin Donuts is better than Krispy Kreme anyway...

climbergirl15

Jan 6, 2003, 3:04 PM
Post #40 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will never leave the East Coast

kam_ill_eon

Jan 6, 2003, 4:06 PM
Post #41 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just got back from two whole weeks of bitter cold in Manhattan NY, wouldn't trade my spot in the sun for anything! About the intelligence level on the East Coast, I'd have to say there are just as many stupid people over there. I've been up and down the East Coast and wasn't overly impressed. Nice place but wouldn't want to move there anytime soon.
-David

enigma

Jan 6, 2003, 11:02 PM
Post #42 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Maybe its the open-ness of the East Coast soul, coupled with the energy,directness and the focus to learn about everything .
I can always visit you guys in the spring, wanna climb at the gunks and talk about life??? anyone??

number7

Jan 7, 2003, 6:14 AM
Post #43 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just be carefull of the East Coast attitude. There is quite a bit of it over here

moabbeth

Jan 7, 2003, 6:50 AM
Post #44 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Geez thorne, don't take it so personal. I've been to Virginia many times. It's not bad, some pretty parts. And if you like living there then that's great! But don't diss me for liking to live in a place where the weather doesn't rule my life outside. If I want to climb ice, I got it up in the Sierras, if I want to surf I'm 10 minutes from the beach, if I want to climb I have endless options. There aren't a whole lot of places were you can go from skiing to surfing in 2 hours time (and decent skiing/surfing, no crap sh*t).

The west is the best baybeeeeee!!

enigma

Jan 8, 2003, 10:30 PM
Post #45 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey,Ride, I don't want to be forgiven, for thinking clearly,and expressing my thoughts. Might try it sometime, sans pot.

climbsomething

Jan 9, 2003, 1:56 AM
Post #46 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

huh? The East Coast owns cos the 6 year olds there aren't stupid?

k...

How're the adults?

enigma

Jan 9, 2003, 4:17 AM
Post #47 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

6 yr olds become adults in 12 years, I believe. Plus they play scrabble and read alot of books, during those formative years.
Why can't they put some money into education in southern california,anyway.?? For the next generation,there's always hope.

spoon

Jan 9, 2003, 4:39 AM
Post #48 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, of course the kids in the east are smarter. They have nothing to do all winter (it's about to snow for the 8th strait day here in good old MA) but study. They sure as hell aren't climbing.

roninthorne

Jan 10, 2003, 3:18 PM
Post #49 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

>>>Geez thorne, don't take it so personal.

Nothing personal, lass... just replying... don't take it so personal:p

>> But don't diss me for liking to live in a place where the weather doesn't rule my life outside.

Well, if weather CAN, indeed, rule your life, then I can certainly see the attraction to a place where the skies are as empty of content as most of this thread, and congrats for finding your place in the sun. Myself, I believe variety is the spice of life, but I understand that it ain't for everyone...

>>If I want to climb ice, I got it up in the Sierras,

Ice is for keeping beer cold, and giving Tequila a place to meet strwberries or lime juice. And we've had some phenomenal luck with fixed ropes in water drips, back in wild, wonderful WVA... but we ain't posting them in Hot Flashes...

>>if I want to surf I'm 10 minutes from the beach

I learned to surf, on a board and in a kayak, in hurricane waves off the NC coast.. no crowds, no posers, and no little bimbettes to coo andgiggle and say "oooo.. ahhh"... I loved it.

>>if I want to climb I have endless options.

As do I, since weather is only a factor, not the ruling force in my climbing pursuits. Last year, one of the best trad projects of my 20+ years of climbing went ground up in flurries of snow, on a north-facing wall, in temps far below freezing. Talk about great training!

>>There aren't a whole lot of places were you can go from skiing to surfing in 2 hours time (and decent skiing/surfing, no crap sh*t).

Virginia- about a two and a half hour drive to the coast, and I count kayaking as surfing... you just do it sitting down.

But, yes, I see the error of my ways, now... if I can't ski effortlessly through a fifteen-inch powder base, but must, instead, actually think and react to obstacles (kinda like an onsight on trad gear), then I don't want to do it... yes, all that thinking is SO distracting...

(If the desire to slide over either snow or water on a stick were part of my personality, perhaps this would mean something to me... but then again, this is a climbing forum...)

Don't get me wrong, I loved the west... but it seems to me that the West derives far more pleasure from bagging on the east than vice versa, and I can't help but hear a tinge of something like "sour grapes" in that... or maybe "Hey, dhude... where's the like STARBUCKS, man?!?"

bridgermts

Jan 10, 2003, 3:53 PM
Post #50 of 50 (5261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

instead of bagging on our differences, and debating which is the better, perhaps we should celebrate the diversity our country has! why do american's always have to compete????

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook