Premier Sponsor:

ClimbSoHigh

Jan 26, 2011, 8:01 PM
Post #1 of 21 (3561 views)
Shortcut

Who is not happy at work right now?
Report this Post
Can't Post

So I just had a 1 hour meeting about office ergonomics. We were advised of all the dangers of an improperly arranged desk and how to keep safe in the cubicle. The guy actually said "Offices are actually dangerous places". One of the highlights was to make sure you don't strike keys on the keyboard too hard because it can hurt your finger tips and cause long term injury to your finger tips. After crimping razor blades in 25 degree weather last weekend, it made me laugh out loud, literally. Also we are supposed to be checking on our coworkers to make sure their set up is safe, their posture is good, the mouse isn't too far, chair is the right height, the gates are locked, the buckles doublebacked, well dressed fig 8... wait what was I doing? And of course I had plenty of things that needed to get done this morning, but management decided we needed to have a reminder on how to sit in chairs and type safely...

Anyone else having a "I hate my job" kind of day? Please keep it to the hating right now, if you love you job go get your own soapbox to tell the world, this ones mine and I hate my job because of 1hr mandatory ergonomic seminars!

imnotclever

Jan 26, 2011, 8:07 PM
Post #2 of 21 (3556 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ClimbSoHigh] Who is not happy at work right now? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ClimbSoHigh wrote:
So I just had a 1 hour meeting about office ergonomics. We were advised of all the dangers of an improperly arranged desk and how to keep safe in the cubicle. The guy actually said "Offices are actually dangerous places". One of the highlights was to make sure you don't strike keys on the keyboard too hard because it can hurt your finger tips and cause long term injury to your finger tips. After crimping razor blades in 25 degree weather last weekend, it made me laugh out loud, literally. Also we are supposed to be checking on our coworkers to make sure their set up is safe, their posture is good, the mouse isn't too far, chair is the right height, the gates are locked, the buckles doublebacked, well dressed fig 8... wait what was I doing? And of course I had plenty of things that needed to get done this morning, but management decided we needed to have a reminder on how to sit in chairs and type safely...

Anyone else having a "I hate my job" kind of day? Please keep it to the hating right now, if you love you job go get your own soapbox to tell the world, this ones mine and I hate my job because of 1hr mandatory ergonomic seminars!

you know you're supposed to use a cover sheet on the TPS reports now...

spikeddem

Jan 26, 2011, 8:09 PM
Post #3 of 21 (3550 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ClimbSoHigh wrote:

Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!

ClimbSoHigh

Jan 26, 2011, 8:21 PM
Post #4 of 21 (3545 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spikeddem] Who is not happy at work right now? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, well, that may be. But at least I never slept with Lumbergh.

erisspirit

Jan 26, 2011, 8:26 PM
Post #5 of 21 (3543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I knew my job was a keeper when the first day of work I shocked my hand on the doorknob, and by the end of the day they were using a corner of my office for storage

edge

Jan 26, 2011, 8:34 PM
Post #6 of 21 (3540 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Who is not happy at work right now? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
I knew my job was a keeper when the first day of work I shocked my hand on the doorknob, and by the end of the day they were using a corner of my office for storage

You need to perfect the fire breathing at will technique as demonstrated in your avatar. That will keep the bastards at bay.

Kartessa

Jan 27, 2011, 2:24 AM
Post #7 of 21 (3507 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire

erisspirit

Jan 27, 2011, 3:15 AM
Post #8 of 21 (3505 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Who is not happy at work right now? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire

I asked for a mai tai, and they brought me a pina colada, and I said no salt, NO salt for the margarita, but it had salt on it, big grains of salt, floating in the glass...
And yes, I won't be leaving a tip, 'cause I could... I could shut this whole resort down. Sir? I'll take my traveler's checks to a competing resort. I could write a letter to your board of tourism and I could have this place condemned. I could put... I could put... strychnine in the guacamole. There was salt on the glass, BIG grains of salt.

Partner macherry

Jan 27, 2011, 3:31 AM
Post #9 of 21 (3503 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Who is not happy at work right now? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

it's hard to post up when you're on a ski hill.

but then i make sfa for wages so........whatever. i'm on a skil hill!!

Partner j_ung

Jan 28, 2011, 12:07 AM
Post #10 of 21 (3480 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Who is not happy at work right now? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm still working. Taking a little break, though. Power's been out since yesterday, so I spent the morning in Cathdral Cafe. Now I'm at Pies and Pints. $2.50 Sierra Nevada.

I love being my own boss. Now if I can just make a living at it...

saint_john

Jan 28, 2011, 1:01 AM
Post #11 of 21 (3467 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Who is not happy at work right now? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yesterday I took a stroll on a white sand beach and got paid ovetime to do it.

TarHeelEMT

Jan 28, 2011, 5:00 AM
Post #12 of 21 (3460 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I work 80 hours a week and don't get paid, but at least I don't have lectures about office ergonomics.

airscape

Jan 28, 2011, 8:41 AM
Post #13 of 21 (3453 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm sitting in an open plan office playing with a neocube.

If anyone complains I fire them.

chadnsc

Jan 28, 2011, 2:38 PM
Post #14 of 21 (3409 views)
Shortcut

Re: [airscape] Who is not happy at work right now? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

airscape wrote:

Aren't you the only person who works in your office?

boymeetsrock

Jan 28, 2011, 2:46 PM
Post #15 of 21 (3409 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, well, I don't think any occupational hypnotherapist gonna help you solve any of your problems. Okay? Hey, and speaking of problems. What's this I hear about you having problems with your T.P.S. reports?

airscape

Jan 28, 2011, 5:10 PM
Post #16 of 21 (3397 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] Who is not happy at work right now? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
airscape wrote:

Aren't you the only person who works in your office?

No, We have 4 people in the office and 10 in the factory.

I tell everyone what to do, and play with a neocube or PC++

Occasionally I'll produce some cool things.
But only if the rest are not capable.

Like this thing:

We cut all the parts for the roof for a steel contractor. to make it fit together like a puzzle.

120m long x 20m wide. [\work spray]

chadnsc

Jan 28, 2011, 5:22 PM
Post #17 of 21 (3390 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oooo, that is one damn cool skylight!

Are you using tube steel or some other type of engineered shape?

airscape

Jan 28, 2011, 5:24 PM
Post #18 of 21 (3389 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Oooo, that is one damn cool skylight!

Are you using tube steel or some other type of engineered shape?

Those are all round rube. if memory serves me right Dia: 152mm

We laser cut them.

chadnsc

Jan 28, 2011, 5:26 PM
Post #19 of 21 (3384 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nothin' is cooler than a building that incorporates laser cut steel.

<drool>

ClimbSoHigh

Jan 31, 2011, 9:13 PM
Post #20 of 21 (3346 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well I guess that is why I "earn" my huge salary, since most people can't endure TPC reports and ergo seminars.

And they gave me two staplers to keep, branded with corperate logo's. Ohhhhhhh yeah!

On the bright side, I have damn good health insurance, dental, optical, etc. which helps me get put back together when I misjudge the gap on that 25 foot tabletop again. Getting injured with no insurance in the US really sucks, unless you are an illegal who needs ER care.

Thanks for quick laugh!

ianwatson

Feb 21, 2011, 9:57 PM
Post #21 of 21 (3280 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

2 chicks at the same time ?Crazy
In reply to:

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)