RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

ianmeister89

Feb 25, 2011, 4:51 AM
Post #1 of 2 (2047 views)
Shortcut

Joshua Tree Landfill!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It's been brought to my attention that there is a proposal to construct a landfill on the border of Joshua Tree National Park.

http://act.credoaction.com/...t_trash_joshua_tree/

This is the link to a petition, and this has some further info. Apparently the deadline for this thing is tomorrow, so please take a couple of seconds to check this out.

-Ian

P.S. Mods, I thought I'd post this in a few places to get this out in the open. If you feel the need to lock or move my postings, please do.

edit: clicky

(This post was edited by ianmeister89 on Feb 25, 2011, 6:22 AM)

freezorburn

Apr 1, 2011, 1:59 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1804 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ianmeister89] Joshua Tree Landfill! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hang on relax, before you start off with the HATE. There is a lot that has to happen before they create a land fill. I mean EPA,DEC,Army Corp and Local permitting. There are town halls and votes that are taken.

Also say it dose happen it may not be that bad. Have you ever seen a modern day landfill? You may have seen “transfer stations” These are smelly disgusting and have open trash out in the air. A “transfer station” is very different then a Land fill.

A modern day Land Fill is not disgusting smelly or very unpleasant to look at. At the end of the work day you will not see any loose trash on the ground. The area will look more like Farm then a trash dump.

I am just saying, Really look into what there doing and do some research on Modern Land fills you may be surprised.

See the Land fill I climb next to. You could drink from the stream 100 yrds from it and now that dump is a nat gas collector:

http://maps.google.com/...&ved=0CBUQnwIwAA

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook