RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

wonderwoman

Dec 30, 2002, 2:02 AM
Post #1 of 7 (1113 views)
Shortcut

North East is in Da House!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey there! anyone from the MA / NH area? Any 'sheclimbers' around? Anyone know of a sheclimber chapter?

I live in the Boston area and I am looking for other women to climb with. I go to BRG a few times a week and climb outdoors whenever possible.

climberchic

Dec 30, 2002, 5:02 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1113 views)
Shortcut

North East is in Da House! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm....I was hoping that would leave a space.

If katydid's post sounds a little strange, that is because I deleted a post in between written by a troll who knows better.

Partner calamity_chk

Dec 30, 2002, 5:18 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Erica, thanks for the clarification. I was starting to worry about MS Katydid. lol.

wonderwoman, you might try posting to the appropriate geographic area of the "Find Partners" section.

You could also try using the "Find People" Utility on the left nav under the "Users" section. You can sort by state, city, and gender to get a list of usernames who might be suitable partners.

I've been tracked and destroyed by countless climbers that way. Personally, though, I've found most of my partners through the "Find Partners" section and by attending various gatherings.

Note, my quest for partners was slightly different as I wasnt overly concerned with gender, so the Find People thing may work better for you. Also, not every lady on the site thinks to check this forum, so if nothing pans out from this, it may be worth a try.

Hope this helps!
amber

wonderwoman

Dec 30, 2002, 6:25 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks! I have put up another message in the regional forum and I did get one response from a MA woman and a few from men. I have plenty of men climbing buddies, but I really enjoy climbing with other women because I think I can learn a lot more from them. Most of the men I climb with can just pull themselves up things with pure upper body strength that I do not have!

There is a group called 'sheclimbs' that have chapters all over the country. They had a gathering in the gunks in October, but it was sold out so I could not go. But they hook women up with other women climbers and I am hoping to join / start one in MA. You can check them out at http://www.sheclimbs.org/ it's really cool and a great resource!

wonderwoman AKA Tiff

[ This Message was edited by: wonderwoman on 2002-12-30 10:36 ]

granite_grrl

Jan 4, 2003, 7:03 PM
Post #5 of 7 (1113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, I'm from the north east, but in NS I'm a little more out of the way than I think you're wanting. I may take a trip on spring break. What's Boston like in Febuary, I have some relatives in Concord that I could stay with there.

belaymebaby

Feb 27, 2003, 7:50 PM
Post #6 of 7 (1113 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm a mass chick, but i live on the bottom, southwick..the little notch? yeah thas me. if there are any possibilities...

any other mass chick? PM me.

hstewart

May 28, 2003, 8:39 PM
Post #7 of 7 (1113 views)
Shortcut

Southern NH [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Wonderwoman,

I'm in Southern NH--an hour from Boston. I'm 30 min from Pawtuckaway and 2 hours from Rumney and Cathedral.

PM me if you're interested in climbing together sometime!

~Holly

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook