Forums: Climbing Information: Beginners:
My First Climb would like to know what I need?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

saint_john

Apr 4, 2011, 5:07 PM
Post #51 of 62 (3532 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Mr.S] My First Climb would like to know what I need? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Mr.S wrote:
I'll say it again as well...I DONT WANT A PARTNER OR MENTOR I WANT TO DO THIS ALONE ON MY OWN...GET IT?

IF ITS NOT A LIST OF EQUIPMENT I NEED TO SCALE THE FACE OF A ROCK ALONE!

THEN I DONT WANT IT!

All you need are climbing shoes and a chalk bag.
free solo is the only way to go. why get bogged down with cumbersome gear and ropes?
lace up your shoes, strap on that chalk bag and go climb up the tallest, most challanging clif you can find.

michael1245

Apr 4, 2011, 5:45 PM
Post #52 of 62 (3518 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mr.S wrote:
This forum sucks anyway, I've already got tons of info to get me started from better sites. I'll be posting my climbs on here just to piss of some more of you annoying ass people... STOP POSTING ON MY THREAD GET OVER IT!

posting your climbs to make us jealous? wow, you're in it for all the wrong reasons aren't you?

if you ask for advice here...99 out of 100 times you'll get a thread full of arguments and insults. of course, it is possible to get a decent explanation from a friendly person. not everyone here is an angry maniac.

Toast_in_the_Machine

Apr 4, 2011, 9:04 PM
Post #53 of 62 (3469 views)
Shortcut

Re: [michael1245] My First Climb would like to know what I need? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

michael1245 wrote:
Mr.S wrote:
This forum sucks anyway, I've already got tons of info to get me started from better sites. I'll be posting my climbs on here just to piss of some more of you annoying ass people... STOP POSTING ON MY THREAD GET OVER IT!

posting your climbs to make us jealous? wow, you're in it for all the wrong reasons aren't you?

if you ask for advice here...99 out of 100 times you'll get a thread full of arguments and insults. of course, it is possible to get a decent explanation from a friendly person. not everyone here is an angry maniac.

I disagree, my observation is that almost every good question here gets at least one good answer if not more that one solid answer. Crap questions get crapped on.

ENARE

Apr 4, 2011, 9:36 PM
Post #54 of 62 (3455 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] My First Climb would like to know what I need? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
michael1245 wrote:
Mr.S wrote:

I disagree, my observation is that almost every good question here gets at least one good answer if not more that one solid answer. Crap questions get crapped on.

I agree with you on this one. The questions was posed from a very mis-informed person who obviously has an ego. I am kind of sensing MR.S and Charlie Sheen are the same person.

“I am on a drug – it’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.”

http://charlieswinning.com/quotes/

Mr.S

Apr 5, 2011, 4:08 AM
Post #55 of 62 (3399 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ENARE] My First Climb would like to know what I need? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

All this crap cause I couldnt get a list! Wow...

Soloing, leading, self belying, trad climbing, sport climbing...whatever the stupid term...Thats what I needed, a list of common stuff those styles use.

Dumb people must think I gonna go take a e6 g9 whatever the hell level wall you call them jaja... when Im just wanna go to some place easy and practice how to use cams and test them in the rock, and maybe practice climbing a several feet up at the only site Ill probably practice on all summer...

So no people Im not gonna be pulling a cliff hanger ya ratards.

But its cool, I got my list Im watching videos, Im reading now that I have direction on what to read...I didnt get that here but f**k it.

You think this is gonna kill me ja this aint sh*t...

Toast_in_the_Machine

Apr 5, 2011, 4:34 AM
Post #56 of 62 (3394 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mr.S wrote:

Soloing, leading, self belying, trad climbing, sport climbing...whatever the stupid term...Thats what I needed, a list of common stuff those styles use.

Dumb people must think I gonna go take a e6 g9 whatever the hell level wall you call them jaja... when Im just wanna go to some place easy and practice how to use cams and test them in the rock, and maybe practice climbing a several feet up at the only site Ill probably practice on all summer...

But its cool, I got my list Im watching videos, Im reading now that I have direction on what to read...I didnt get that here but f**k it.

90210 ran dumb. Pre drink pious but not for love nor money.

Fly free, ever singing. No woman, no climb.

If ever anything does reply, how does the turing machine?

Quantity never same as quality.

Hie, thee, get thee to a nunnery.

Fish not in these waters with tired worms. Bigger fish need better bait.

Oh, yeah and quoted, well, because, you know.

marc801

Apr 5, 2011, 5:26 AM
Post #57 of 62 (3381 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] My First Climb would like to know what I need? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Mr.S wrote:

Wow, Toast. That was more intelligible than most anything Mr. Dick, uh, Mr. S(hithead) wrote.
Well done.

jbone

Apr 5, 2011, 5:43 AM
Post #58 of 62 (3378 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mr.S wrote:

Check out an old training video called Rock Climbing Basics by Dan Osmond, you sound like a Dan Osmond sort of fella.

sp115

Apr 5, 2011, 11:13 AM
Post #59 of 62 (3352 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Mr.S wrote:

Please add one of these to your list:

http://www.google.com/...amp;ved=0CFQQ8wIwAA#

(I'm assuming it should be obvious why)

Toast_in_the_Machine

Apr 5, 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #60 of 62 (3346 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marc801] My First Climb would like to know what I need? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

marc801 wrote:
Mr.S wrote:

Wow, Toast. That was more intelligible than most anything Mr. Dick, uh, Mr. S(hithead) wrote.
Well done.

Thanks. The problem with following the basic troll formula (bad question, misuse of terms, and insult repliers) is that it only works if it its built up to and not when it is played as strongly as it its played here. "Mr. S" will never get off of T0 because it played it too hard too fast..

Hence the correct response is just gibberish or p0rn or both.

Bats

Apr 5, 2011, 3:00 PM
Post #61 of 62 (3310 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Amazon has rock climbing books, but that would be to easy to search for. REI & WholeEarth Provisions has rock climbing books. I know SA does not have a REI, but has a WholeEarth Provision. REI has a website. I think you just want to rant...go a head...rant...

tower_climber

Apr 5, 2011, 11:52 PM
Post #62 of 62 (3255 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbone] My First Climb would like to know what I need? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jbone wrote:
Check out an old training video called Rock Climbing Basics by Dan Osmond, you sound like a Dan Osmond sort of fella.

Too soon?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook