Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

sonso45

Mar 23, 2011, 2:09 PM
Post #26 of 31 (2167 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stonefox] Concerned Climbers of AZ [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Everything is available for us to climb. There are drilling rigs along the mine road. Slow down as you pass them. Be polite and you can climb anywhere you did in 2008!

The road to my favorite place, LDC, has been ground to steep level grade. There os also a mew road heading south from the Magma mine, stay off that.

lindajft

Apr 12, 2011, 2:13 PM
Post #27 of 31 (2098 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sonso45] Concerned Climbers of AZ [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

> NEXT MEETING:
> Wednesday, April 27th, 6:30pm
Boulders Pizza in Tempe on Broadway

CCA MISSION STATEMENT

The Concerned Climbers of Arizona has been organized for the purpose of preserving climbing access and the climbing environment in Arizona. We advocate for continued recreational access to climbing areas that are threatened by development or other forms of encroachment.

lindajft

May 18, 2011, 3:40 AM
Post #28 of 31 (2013 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lindajft] Concerned Climbers of AZ [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

NEXT MEETING:
Wednesday, May 25th, 6:30pm
Boulders Pizza in Tempe on Broadway

Hot topics this meeting

CCA MISSION STATEMENT
The Concerned Climbers of Arizona has been organized for the purpose of preserving climbing access and the climbing environment in Arizona. We advocate for continued recreational access to climbing areas that are threatened by development or other forms of encroachment.

sonso45

Oct 30, 2011, 4:07 PM
Post #29 of 31 (1830 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

New twist with RCM and their parent holding company, Rio Tinto, which owns a stake in the Rossing uranium mine in Namibia with the Iran Foreign Investment Company (IFIC). Rep. Ted Deutch (D-Fla.) proposed changing the bill to prevent any land exchange with a company or affiliate connected with the IFIC.

"The Iran Foreign Investment Company is wholly owned by the Iranian regime, and last summer the Treasury Department added it to the list of Iranian entities in violation of sanctions law," Deutch said. "Quite simply, we are about to reward a company that partners with the Iranian regime to mine, of all things, the uranium it needs to become a nuclear-armed power."

Republicans had no direct reply to the Democrats' charge, and in a brief response, Rep. Doc Hastings (R-Wash.) argued that nothing in the law would prevent the U.S. from enforcing sanctions laws.

curt

Nov 1, 2011, 3:36 AM
Post #30 of 31 (1798 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sonso45] Concerned Climbers of AZ [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sonso45 wrote:
New twist with RCM and their parent holding company, Rio Tinto, which owns a stake in the Rossing uranium mine in Namibia with the Iran Foreign Investment Company (IFIC). Rep. Ted Deutch (D-Fla.) proposed changing the bill to prevent any land exchange with a company or affiliate connected with the IFIC.

"The Iran Foreign Investment Company is wholly owned by the Iranian regime, and last summer the Treasury Department added it to the list of Iranian entities in violation of sanctions law," Deutch said. "Quite simply, we are about to reward a company that partners with the Iranian regime to mine, of all things, the uranium it needs to become a nuclear-armed power."

Republicans had no direct reply to the Democrats' charge, and in a brief response, Rep. Doc Hastings (R-Wash.) argued that nothing in the law would prevent the U.S. from enforcing sanctions laws.

Republican hypocrisy clearly has no limit. John McCain recently said this about our troop withdrawal from Iraq:

John McCain wrote:
Today marks a harmful and sad setback for the United States in the world," McCain said in a statement Friday afternoon. "I respectfully disagree with the President: this decision will be viewed as a strategic victory for our enemies in the Middle East, especially the Iranian regime, which has worked relentlessly to ensure a full withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.

One could reasonably infer from the above statement that McCain opposes political actions that advantage the current Iranian regime.

Yet, McCain apparantly has no problem at all with sponsoring legislation that will result in Iran's largest partner in its Namibian uranium mine (Rio Tinto) having an ownership position in a vast new copper mine in Arizona--a mine that will result in the largest loss of a climbing resource in American history.

What a true patriot.

Curt

lindajft

Dec 2, 2011, 3:50 PM
Post #31 of 31 (1698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dec 7th 6:30pm
This Wednesday

Boulders in Tempe

Join us, see what we are up...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?