Forums: Climbing Partners: International:
Climbing in Catalunya Spain (May 25 - June 8 2011)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

jedwio

Apr 20, 2011, 10:12 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1629 views)
Shortcut

Climbing in Catalunya Spain (May 25 - June 8 2011)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'll be in the region of Barcelona/Tarragona and want to get some outdoor rock climbing in. Anybody living or travelling to the area interested in teaming up?

gabble

Apr 21, 2011, 7:26 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1611 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jedwio] Climbing in Catalunya Spain (May 25 - June 8 2011) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, I could be interested if you go there to climb. Indeed I can go to spain for a week, but in this case I'd like to climb a lot.
And incidentally, which is your level of climbing?

jedwio

Apr 22, 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1596 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gabble] Climbing in Catalunya Spain (May 25 - June 8 2011) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm thinking of La Mussara and that area (Vilanova de Prades, Mont-ral and Arboli), if too easy or run out of interesting sport climbs Siurana is not far. I hear there's plenty of good sport climbing to be covered within an hours drive.

I'm climbing in Germany mainly at the moment, based on the UIAA rating I'm mainly climbing 6s (USA: 5.8 - 5.10a, Sport Grade: 5-6) and with top rope occasional 7-/7 (USA: 5.10b/c, Sport Grade: 6a/6b). Indoor & sport climbing (haven't done any trad climbing yet but open for it), outdoor leading up to UIAA 5s. Still working on my technique and stamina for overhangs. Happy to belay on higher grades and even give it a try with a top rope :-)

What about yourself? Have you had any experience in Spain or Catalonia? Open to suggestions if you are familiar with the area. What would you be interested in and what level of climbing?

Haven't confirmed flight yet so a bit flexible on the dates - but definitely need to be in Tarragona from the 1st - 5th of June.

jedwio

May 17, 2011, 11:17 AM
Post #4 of 4 (1488 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jedwio] Climbing in Catalunya Spain (May 25 - June 8 2011) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've booked my flights now, flying into REUS Airport in Tarragona early on the 25th of May and out on the 8th of June.

I'll be bringing along my sport climbing gear and aiming to climb from the 25th - 31st of May and June 5th to June 7th.

Joining a couple of people on the 25th and 26th at Siurana. If anybody wants to join on any of the above dates at Siurana, La Musarra or anything within an hour or two drive just message me.

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook