Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Drilldo (12b) -- Rumney
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

redpoint73

Dec 31, 2002, 6:27 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1372 views)
Shortcut

Drilldo (12b) -- Rumney  (North_America: United_States: New_Hampshire: Grafton_County: Rumney)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was wondering if anyone has been on this route -- Drilldo (12b) at Triple Corners. I thought it was very tough for the rating, and wanted to see what other people thought.

I am usually confident about working 12a/b. I can do 12a usually with only a few hangs. On 12b, I might get stuck in a spot or two until I figure the sequence. Usually confident I can redpoint many 12a/b on a second day.

I did Drilldo this past fall, and I got completely SPANKED. I hung on every bolt (except the easy slab start), and fell/hung many times. It took me 40 minutes to get up the route, and I NEVER want to get on it again! I thought the moves were strenuous and harder than 12b. Either the rating is a bit "off", or I am a total wimp.

Any words???

nrbell

Jul 11, 2003, 4:58 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1372 views)
Shortcut

Drilldo (12b) -- Rumney [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I did Drilldo a couple of years ago and sent it on my second try. I thought the grade was right on (maybe even a little easy). It is a bit necky at the top, but all the moves were totally there. I also climb comfortably in the low 12s and can get 12a or b in a few tries.

More importantly I thought the route was really nice with fun moves once you get past the slabby start (steep and juggy to thin and crimpy to a dynamic finish). I recommend that you give it another try.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook