Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Mariofercol

Jun 1, 2011, 7:04 PM
Post #26 of 31 (1387 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clc] Help. Climbing with my buddy is a downer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

clc wrote:
Man your not married to the guy. You need more parteners. I like to have at least half a dozen parteners that I can call up depending on the routes you are going to try.

That's the same reason why I'm not going to get married Laugh

enigma

Jun 2, 2011, 1:06 AM
Post #27 of 31 (1345 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Mariofercol] Help. Climbing with my buddy is a downer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Mariofercol wrote:
clc wrote:
Man your not married to the guy. You need more parteners. I like to have at least half a dozen parteners that I can call up depending on the routes you are going to try.

That's the same reason why I'm not going to get married Laugh

Its probably just lust !

cwo2

Jun 2, 2011, 2:19 AM
Post #28 of 31 (1339 views)
Shortcut

Re: [robmcc] Help. Climbing with my buddy is a downer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Aw, c'mon Rob... My tantrums weren't that bad ;-D.

robmcc

Jun 2, 2011, 3:23 PM
Post #29 of 31 (1310 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cwo2] Help. Climbing with my buddy is a downer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

cwo2 wrote:
Aw, c'mon Rob... My tantrums weren't that bad ;-D.

Wow, that's spooky. I've been on this site maybe once in the last 6 years. Stalker!

Nah, you were an awesome climbing partner. Move down here so we can do it again and get me back in proper climbing shape!

Be warned, though, I'm starving so prone to be cranky. Probably won't be any tantrums. Probably....

Partner j_ung

Jun 2, 2011, 4:41 PM
Post #30 of 31 (1293 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] Help. Climbing with my buddy is a downer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

blueeyedclimber wrote:
DrAwkward wrote:
So one of my good buddies is also my main climbing partner and climbing with him has been a freaking downer lately.

He gets really upset whenever he can't send a route or problem after one or two tries and it makes him look like a pouty little girl. He punches the wall and walks around like he stepped in dog shit without shoes. The thing is that these routes/problems are above his limit yet he expects to magically get better without putting in the hard work and effort. I've tried bringing it up to him and nothing changes.

I tell him that climbing should be fun at the very least and that he shouldn't be climbing if he is going to leave the gym/crag all fumed. I tell him that if he is pushing his limit that he should not only expect to fall, but to fall over and over again. He tells me how much better I am than him at climbing but in a way where he is putting himself down but it is because I worked my ass off (I sent almost every V0, V1, and V2 before even touching a V3 at the gym). I could go on and on.

The worst part is that when this happens his safety goes out the damn door. We were climbing on TR the other day and there was literally 15 feet of slack in the system which I know isn't a "big deal" compared to lead falls but it's not necessary. (I was climbing on an overhanging route and the rope was drooped over my shoulder and I couldn't see it, otherwise I would have stopped sooner) He stops doing partner checks and I know that it is stupid/mindless stuff like this that is going to get one of us hurt/killed in the future (if I keep climbing with him)

I already have multiple climbing partners but I want to keep climbing with him based on our pasts. How would you guys approach this situation?

TLDR
My good buddy is my main climbing partner. He becomes a whiny little bitch whenever he can't send and his safety goes out the window. What would you do?

First, your comparing of negative traits to women is chauvinistic. In my experience, traits like that are MUCH more prevalent in males.

With that said, if you do not like climbing with him because of these things, then you have three options.
1. Don't climb with him anymore.
2. Stop whining like a guy Cool, and put up with it....or
3. Confront him about it and make him aware in the hopes that he will change.

If #3 doesn't work, then you are left with #1 or #2.

Josh

Your assumption that "bitch" is something other than a dog is chauvinistic! Tongue

robbovius

Jun 9, 2011, 2:51 PM
Post #31 of 31 (1212 views)
Shortcut

Re: [DrAwkward] Help. Climbing with my buddy is a downer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

DrAwkward wrote:
TLDR
My good buddy is my main climbing partner. He becomes a whiny little bitch whenever he can't send and his safety goes out the window. What would you do?

get the fuck out of the gym.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook