Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

kachoong

Jun 22, 2011, 6:29 PM
Post #26 of 33 (1311 views)
Shortcut

Re: [danhague] Redpoint book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

danhague wrote:
I'm happy to report that a picture of you on Psycho Wrangler is in the first chapter of Redpoint.

rtwilli4 wrote:
Dan,

My name is Ryan. My friend Adam and I ran into you at Cotton Top on Bridge Day last year. You guys were filming on those 10's and 11's to near the right side of the wall. I tried to on-sight that classic 12a and then tried to red-point it a few times and fell off. You photographed me and I signed a waiver for you. I was wearing an orange shirt and green pants.

Chapter 1: Approaching Your Redpoint - Photographic Dress Sense

lena_chita

Jun 22, 2011, 6:37 PM
Post #27 of 33 (1306 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rtwilli4] Redpoint book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

rtwilli4 wrote:
Dan,

My name is Ryan. My friend Adam and I ran into you at Cotton Top on Bridge Day last year. You guys were filming on those 10's and 11's to near the right side of the wall. I tried to on-sight that classic 12a and then tried to red-point it a few times and fell off. You photographed me and I signed a waiver for you. I was wearing an orange shirt and green pants.

And I am happy that you fell on Psycho Wrangler, too.

saint_john

Jun 22, 2011, 8:01 PM
Post #28 of 33 (1278 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Redpoint book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

the coolest part of SCC is the scene on the DVD in which Lindner and his buddy try to redpoint that wall in OR. I'm just sayin.

jt512

Jun 22, 2011, 8:21 PM
Post #29 of 33 (1273 views)
Shortcut

Re: [saint_john] Redpoint book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

saint_john wrote:
the coolest part of SCC is the scene on the DVD in which Lindner and his buddy try to redpoint that wall in OR.

Not in my opinion. ;)

Jay

saint_john

Jun 22, 2011, 9:01 PM
Post #30 of 33 (1258 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Redpoint book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
saint_john wrote:
the coolest part of SCC is the scene on the DVD in which Lindner and his buddy try to redpoint that wall in OR.

Not in my opinion. ;)

Jay

I like that it shows their final redpoint attempts start to finish, uninterupted.

dagibbs

Jun 22, 2011, 9:32 PM
Post #31 of 33 (1249 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Redpoint book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
danhague wrote:
I'm happy to report that a picture of you on Psycho Wrangler is in the first chapter of Redpoint.

rtwilli4 wrote:
Dan,

Chapter 1: Approaching Your Redpoint - Photographic Dress Sense

What not to wear.

ki6ojv

Jan 21, 2012, 4:25 PM
Post #32 of 33 (1083 views)
Shortcut

Re: [MTBZEN] Self Coached Climber book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I got the red point book looking to improve my leading skills and placements. I was looking for an advanced book for the experienced climber!

This is not what it is. This book is a "basics" book! focusing the the basic techniques in climbing. great book for a beginner who wants to lead but beware.

WARNING:
All through the book it talks about taking practice falls on your protection. This is the scariest and scetchiest advise i have seen in print! Just my point of view But having learned to lead by an old timer i was taught to climb like your life depended on it! You never let go and take a practice fall!

johnwesely

Jan 21, 2012, 5:53 PM
Post #33 of 33 (1064 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ki6ojv] Self Coached Climber book [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ki6ojv wrote:
I got the red point book looking to improve my leading skills and placements. I was looking for an advanced book for the experienced climber!

This is not what it is. This book is a "basics" book! focusing the the basic techniques in climbing. great book for a beginner who wants to lead but beware.

WARNING:
All through the book it talks about taking practice falls on your protection. This is the scariest and scetchiest advise i have seen in print! Just my point of view But having learned to lead by an old timer i was taught to climb like your life depended on it! You never let go and take a practice fall!

Pretty funny post tinged with a hint of irony.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook