RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

alleyehave

Jun 22, 2011, 6:34 AM
Post #1 of 7 (2056 views)
Shortcut

You choose my new rope.
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I frequent tahquitz and jtree. I need something capable of handling wandering, long, multipitch routes while still light enough to accomodate the occasional single-pitch grunter and the even less occasional top rope. I will be climbing in the valley a lot this year and am considering double ropes and am looking at the mammut genesis cords.

I will ultimately end up buying two doubles and a single. You tell me which, post that sounds the most romantic wins and chooses my rope. GO.

Colinhoglund

Jun 22, 2011, 5:28 PM
Post #2 of 7 (2012 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alleyehave] You choose my new rope. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The Genesis halfs are awesome. Almost everyone I climb with that has halfs has a pair of genesis. Super durable and super good handling.
As for a single rope, make up yer own %^&( mind.

enigma

Jun 23, 2011, 12:54 AM
Post #3 of 7 (1954 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

alleyehave wrote:
I frequent tahquitz and jtree. I need something capable of handling wandering, long, multipitch routes while still light enough to accomodate the occasional single-pitch grunter and the even less occasional top rope. I will be climbing in the valley a lot this year and am considering double ropes and am looking at the mammut genesis cords.

I will ultimately end up buying two doubles and a single. You tell me which, post that sounds the most romantic wins and chooses my rope. GO.

I climbed recently with a great partner from Switzerland. We used the mammut infinity , it has a middle mark and comes in orange.
Just one thing if you don't finish the climb by midnight.
Cinderella loses her climbing slipper, the rope turns back into a orange pumpkin.
Then you will have to go all over town looking to return it to her. Of course you know how the story ends if you are the real prince charming.
Beware of her ugly step sisters and evil stepmother!

herites

Jun 23, 2011, 1:09 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For the single rope Tendom Master complete shield 9,7 is my suggestion. Handles well, light and stood up well to the constant toproping I do when I climb with my gf.

climb-high

Jun 25, 2011, 3:41 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1857 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have always been a huge Beal fan. I originally fell in love with the Booster III 9.7mm 70m. this rope is light handles well and almost clips itself. it is a bit softer than most and does stretch a little more than most, but it also has one of the lowest impact forces on the market with very comparable fall rating. it is also lighter than many ropes out there. I used this rope all over on many multi pitch routes, single pitch projects, top ropes with GFs and gumbys alike. it has by far out performed any mammut or petzl rope I have ever own. Recently I just purchased a new Beal Stinger III 9.4mm 70m and I feel like I fell in love all over again. this has all the same great qualities as the Booster but is LIGHTER. This thing is a sending machine. I just spent the last weekend in the city of rocks beating the crap out of it and it took it with pleasure, and then asked for more. Either one of these rope will more than make you happy. The one thing i would just never use it for is jugging or haul besides that, these are my go to. get one and you wont be disappointed.

Solnyschkamynka

Jun 27, 2011, 1:57 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1768 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you're obviously going to get a BlueWater Rope.MadSly

shockabuku

Jun 27, 2011, 2:19 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1763 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would either get a Sterling Evolution Velocity (9.8 mm) or Biathlon Pro (10.1 mm) depending on the size you want. I've had both and I love these ropes - how romantic is that? Get it with the dry coating.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook