RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

jimgernon

Jun 27, 2011, 1:34 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2933 views)
Shortcut

topo for the bonnington on torre central chile
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Greetings from Ireland me and my climbing partner are heading over to torres del paine to go climbing our main objective is to climb the Bonnington whillans on torre central but am having a fecking hard time finding a topo for the route. So I was wondering if any one out there has a topo and would like to send me a copy. I cant promise much in return but maybe the local parish council might have a dance and a cake sale in your honor if a telegram from America arrives.Or if you ever make it to Ireland I will show you around the climbing areas.thanks for taking the time to read the post hope to hear from someone
jim

rangerrob

Jul 3, 2011, 7:47 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2889 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jimgernon] topo for the bonnington on torre central chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dammit Jim I was just in Ireland and could have used that tour! I can't help you with the topo, but anything put up by those two clowns gaurantees a good time! Talk about Yin and Yang!

P.S. Is it legal to boulder on the Giant's Causeway? There is some fantasitic climbing on those basalt columns! I'm not admitting I climbed any of it while we were there...just asking is all :)

jimgernon

Jul 5, 2011, 6:24 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2875 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rangerrob] topo for the bonnington on torre central chile [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thanks for the post rob these topos are hard to find.The climbing on the giants cause way not sure about the legalities but the rock is very loose spend time up there knocking rocks of so they dont fall down on the tourists .next time your there head down the road to a place called bally castle and check out this place www.fairheadclimbers.com/ probably one of the best traditional crags in the world.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook