Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Planning a climbing/hiking/climbing trip out this way
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

floppydoppy22

Jul 24, 2011, 8:18 PM
Post #1 of 3 (886 views)
Shortcut

Planning a climbing/hiking/climbing trip out this way  (North_America: United_States: New_York: Adirondack_park: Roger_s_Rock: Roger_s_Rock)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Some friends and I are planning a trip up to the Adirondack area from Brooklyn and this Lake George location seems like a good spot. Along with climbing we were planning on doing a lot of backpacking and camping.... is this a good place or is it very over crowded during the summer? Are the routes usually packed with climbers or pretty open?

I'd just rather not drive all the way out there just to be disapointed with the massive amounts of people and poor camping.... anybody know if this is a good place or if there is somewhere better?

Any help is appreciated thank you!

sween345

Jul 24, 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #2 of 3 (862 views)
Shortcut

Re: [floppydoppy22] Planning a climbing/hiking/climbing trip out this way [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It would be worth the additional mileage to go to the Keene Valley/ Lake Placid area.
This might be helpful http://www.adkforum.com/index.php?

floppydoppy22

Jul 24, 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #3 of 3 (855 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sween345] Planning a climbing/hiking/climbing trip out this way [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I'm meeting up with some friends in Brooklyn to head out on a relatively brief trip. It looks like it's about 5 and half hours drive to the northern section of the dacks.

We're looking for something maybe a little bit closer but not packed with people so we can maximize our backpacking and climbing time.... anything you can suggest or stick with heading up north to Placid?

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook