RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

Claypool

Jul 25, 2011, 8:20 AM
Post #1 of 3 (766 views)
Shortcut

HCR July 30-Aug 1?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've got a week off from work and school, so I'm road-tripping around for a bit from the DFW area. HCR is essentially on the way to some friends I'm looking to hang out with in the middle of that week, and seeing as how I've been simply a gym rat since I started climbing, I'm interested in swinging through and climbing for a few days.

I'm pretty much just a boulderer (sorry, no beanie though), but it seems terribly irresponsible to head out there and climb without anyone to show me around and make sure I don't kill myself in the process. If you can't make all three days that's fine - my schedule is flexible and I can find something else to do - but I'd really like to get in two days of good climbing.

I'm aware that HCR isn't the premier bouldering area in the US, but it's the most convenient outdoors place given my plans for the rest of the week.

theextremist04

Jul 26, 2011, 3:56 AM
Post #2 of 3 (735 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Claypool] HCR July 30-Aug 1? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

HCR does have some crazy good bouldering- it's gonna be hot though. If you can't manage to find a climbing partner, they sell the Arkansas climbing guidebook at the ranch and it has tons of beta. Worth every penny.

rockclimber919

Jul 27, 2011, 5:16 AM
Post #3 of 3 (712 views)
Shortcut

Re: [theextremist04] HCR July 30-Aug 1? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I was out there last weekend. It wasn't too hot, just try and find some rock in the shade. The guidebook they sell on the ranch is $44, but it is all of the major climbing areas in the state. And its one of the best guides I've seen. Full color pictures, not hand drawn pictures.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook