Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

caughtinside

Aug 24, 2011, 4:18 PM
Post #80126 of 105309 (3362 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

nee brace

caughtinside

Post #80127 of 105309 (3360 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sp

Partner camhead

Post #80128 of 105309 (3358 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:
Damn, so, one of our .3 camalutz is fucked. The spring either broke, or became detached from the hole that connects it into the inside lobe. Coincidentally, there was just a thread on the prodge from some dude that had the same problem on the same piece.

Anyway, sent a futile email to BD on the off chance that they could repair it, which I'm doubting since all their shit just comes from China now.

The piece is still semi-usable; the gimpy lobe just stays in about a 40% retracted position, and will retract further, but just won't open all the way. I'll probably keep using it as a backup piece until it breaks all the way or gets stuck, whichever comes first.

We still have another .3 c4, two Metolius TCUs, one c3, and some old Hugh Banner in that size, which will be enough for all the tips carcks this fall, I think.

That thar be green alien land.

Yup. Just waiting for disfall when the resurrected Aliens are available. We need the black, blue, green, yellow, and red!

are they resurrecting teh black and blue wons?

Fixe is not. Not sure about the totem basic knockoffs.

Pretty sure I saw a distinct lack of black'n'blue on totem's website as well.

Diphthong

Aug 24, 2011, 4:22 PM
Post #80129 of 105309 (3351 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:
Damn, so, one of our .3 camalutz is fucked. The spring either broke, or became detached from the hole that connects it into the inside lobe. Coincidentally, there was just a thread on the prodge from some dude that had the same problem on the same piece.

Anyway, sent a futile email to BD on the off chance that they could repair it, which I'm doubting since all their shit just comes from China now.

The piece is still semi-usable; the gimpy lobe just stays in about a 40% retracted position, and will retract further, but just won't open all the way. I'll probably keep using it as a backup piece until it breaks all the way or gets stuck, whichever comes first.

We still have another .3 c4, two Metolius TCUs, one c3, and some old Hugh Banner in that size, which will be enough for all the tips carcks this fall, I think.

Yup. Just waiting for disfall when the resurrected Aliens are available. We need the black, blue, green, yellow, and red!

are they resurrecting teh black and blue wons?

Fixe is not. Not sure about the totem basic knockoffs.

Pretty sure I saw a distinct lack of black'n'blue on totem's website as well.

Pretty sure I saw a distinct lack of black'n'blue on yore fase!

Yes, I know, but I felt like someone was going to say it, might as well be me.

caughtinside

Aug 24, 2011, 4:22 PM
Post #80130 of 105309 (3350 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Diphthong] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
in other news, it's days after my bike ride and i'm still ravenous. despite the fact that my scale says i'm a couple lbs heavier. WHAT THE FUCK

That is sort of standard if I recall, but it's been a few years now (!) since I've really biked.

With that new appetite, you better keep biking there blortelby.

The end of the bromance was really the end of ghey biking if I recall.

Well, moving my bike into storage in mid 08, and putting my dignity and rack in the van was sort of the end. I think zeke was in phoenix by then though.

I've tried to get back into it since, but an ill advised run fuked my knees for like 6 months last summer, and the place I live now is not conducive to biking... I'd need to load the bike in the car and drive somewhere to really enjoy it.

heh

I noes. From out my door here my options are:
mega busy ghetto streetz into straight deth hills or just mega busy ghetto streetz.

If i was bike fit, I could do the hills, but I am not bike fit, and I can't train up to those hills where I live. Lousy cycling neighborhood.

imnotclever

Aug 24, 2011, 4:32 PM
Post #80131 of 105309 (3345 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
in other news, it's days after my bike ride and i'm still ravenous. despite the fact that my scale says i'm a couple lbs heavier. WHAT THE FUCK

Out late drinking on Mon night got about 4 hours of sleep, biked home last night and ran into two fellow freds. One I easily ditched, the other I catch up to, we get to a stop light, light turns and he's one of these guys that takes forever to get his foot clipped. I figure he must be slow, So I yell, "have a nice ride," and go, not looking back. I fly up this hill and steady pace it on a flat, when I hear him say that he's going to sit in behind me for a ride. I guess he wasn't that slow after all.

So I gun it up the next hill and the one after that. Couldn't drop the guy. He turns off shortly after that. About 5 miles later I bonk. I spent the rest of the night eating, I couldn't get enough food.

Yeah you read that - sucker!

dr_feelgood

Aug 24, 2011, 5:26 PM
Post #80132 of 105309 (3325 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

Black and blue are ok, but I think other cams might be better in those sizes. They don't have the internal cam springs in the lobes, and so those two are wider than a green alien, a real negative in those tiny sizes. I have them and they work, but I think I'd rather go c3 or even tcu in those tiny sizes.

Wha what?

yeah, I noes. YOu lose the narrow head width on alien in those sizes. The only remaining advantage is the floppy stem, which I think is secondary to a quality placement, which is more likely with a narrower head to find the sweetspots in tiny carcks.

I have fallen on two lobes of a black alien and it held though.

Yeah, I prefer tcu's in those smallest sizes as well, though I still think that, for 4 cam lobes, the Aliens were the best for small stuff. A while back, I bought the two smallest of those old "microcamalots"– four-cam units that are the equivalent of black and blue aliens, roughly, and have never gotten a satisfactory placement with them. Just too bulky, wide, high-profile trigger wires, for their size.

Aren't those the yellow .2 and red .1 cams that look like toys?

I'm somewhat surprised by all the hatez directed towards the small mastercams. 4 lobes, narrow head, yadda yadda yadda....

caughtinside

Aug 24, 2011, 5:55 PM
Post #80133 of 105309 (3316 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

Black and blue are ok, but I think other cams might be better in those sizes. They don't have the internal cam springs in the lobes, and so those two are wider than a green alien, a real negative in those tiny sizes. I have them and they work, but I think I'd rather go c3 or even tcu in those tiny sizes.

Wha what?

yeah, I noes. YOu lose the narrow head width on alien in those sizes. The only remaining advantage is the floppy stem, which I think is secondary to a quality placement, which is more likely with a narrower head to find the sweetspots in tiny carcks.

Yeah, I prefer tcu's in those smallest sizes as well, though I still think that, for 4 cam lobes, the Aliens were the best for small stuff. A while back, I bought the two smallest of those old "microcamalots"– four-cam units that are the equivalent of black and blue aliens, roughly, and have never gotten a satisfactory placement with them. Just too bulky, wide, high-profile trigger wires, for their size.

Aren't those the yellow .2 and red .1 cams that look like toys?

I'm somewhat surprised by all the hatez directed towards the small mastercams. 4 lobes, narrow head, yadda yadda yadda....

They are ok. The problem is that they are inferior to aliens in the following:
range
head material
trigger assembly (those cables always roll funky)
and the not really kevlar trigger cords

They are good cams though.

meatbomz

Aug 24, 2011, 6:18 PM
Post #80134 of 105309 (3305 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

Wha what?

I have a set of them in my AIDZ bag.

meatbomz

Aug 24, 2011, 6:20 PM
Post #80135 of 105309 (3304 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

dang. mist the pt. is the grey the 00 or the 000?

yeah, 00 is purple, and we're already buddies. theoretically, both are aid pieces, but I'd totally fall on the purple guy.

Durp. Well, I don't know that I'm excited to fall on the perple, but I keep it racked. I dunno, maybe it's mental, but the gray looks so much more delicate to me. I really wouldn't wuntz to fall on it.

I watched clikker take repeated 30'ers on his purple TCU at the T-wall. Made my anoose pucker.

meatbomz

Aug 24, 2011, 6:21 PM
Post #80136 of 105309 (3303 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:

That is sort of standard if I recall, but it's been a few years now (!) since I've really biked.

Well, moving my bike into storage in mid 08, and putting my dignity and rack in the van was sort of the end. I think zeke was in phoenix by then though.

I've tried to get back into it since, but an ill advised run fuked my knees for like 6 months last summer, and the place I live now is not conducive to biking... I'd need to load the bike in the car and drive somewhere to really enjoy it.

heh

Socakians like the idea of sitting on the freeway for hours with their bike strapped onto their SUV.

meatbomz

Aug 24, 2011, 6:24 PM
Post #80137 of 105309 (3301 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imnotclever] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

imnotclever wrote:
drivel wrote:

Out late drinking on Mon night got about 4 hours of sleep, biked home last night and ran into two fellow freds. One I easily ditched, the other I catch up to, we get to a stop light, light turns and he's one of these guys that takes forever to get his foot clipped. I figure he must be slow, So I yell, "have a nice ride," and go, not looking back. I fly up this hill and steady pace it on a flat, when I hear him say that he's going to sit in behind me for a ride. I guess he wasn't that slow after all.

So I gun it up the next hill and the one after that. Couldn't drop the guy. He turns off shortly after that. About 5 miles later I bonk. I spent the rest of the night eating, I couldn't get enough food.

Perhaps this says more about you than about him...

drivel

Aug 24, 2011, 6:25 PM
Post #80138 of 105309 (3300 views)
Shortcut

Re: [meatbomz] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

yeah, 00 is purple, and we're already buddies. theoretically, both are aid pieces, but I'd totally fall on the purple guy.

Durp. Well, I don't know that I'm excited to fall on the perple, but I keep it racked. I dunno, maybe it's mental, but the gray looks so much more delicate to me. I really wouldn't wuntz to fall on it.

I watched clikker take repeated 30'ers on his purple TCU at the T-wall. Made my anoose pucker.

purple C3 is smaller than the murple petolius.

Partner camhead

Aug 24, 2011, 6:30 PM
Post #80139 of 105309 (3296 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

Heh. Made the tcu pucker, too. RIP, purply.

Partner camhead

Aug 24, 2011, 6:31 PM
Post #80140 of 105309 (3296 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

this is true: purple C3 = grey Metolius.

caughtinside

Aug 24, 2011, 6:35 PM
Post #80141 of 105309 (3295 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
drivel wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

this is true: purple C3 = grey Metolius.

hmm, I remember those small c3s being 'tweener pieces, not lining straight up with other brands. Haven't looked at them in a long time though. Wish I'd had the 000 for Mainline, but it turns out that #3 peenut is ok.

snoopy138

Aug 24, 2011, 6:44 PM
Post #80142 of 105309 (3278 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

should have figured owt a way to get that thing to pop owt.

snoopy138

Aug 24, 2011, 6:47 PM
Post #80143 of 105309 (3273 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:

heh

Socakians like the idea of sitting on the freeway for hours with their bike strapped onto their SUV.

it's only a half hour drive to teh gf's haus, from which a bunch of gud riding starts.

Diphthong

Aug 24, 2011, 6:53 PM
Post #80144 of 105309 (3263 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

His anoose?

caughtinside

Aug 24, 2011, 6:54 PM
Post #80145 of 105309 (3262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:

heh

it's only a half hour drive to teh gf's haus, from which a bunch of gud riding starts.

does your wife know about your gf?

imnotclever

Aug 24, 2011, 6:54 PM
Post #80146 of 105309 (3261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

meatbomz wrote:
imnotclever wrote:
drivel wrote:

Perhaps this says more about you than about him...

naw, I didn't wait to actually see how long it took him, I clicked in before I'd made one turn of the cranks and saw the guy was looking down at his foot (!) and wobbling(!).

! = gasp, The horror!

imnotclever

Aug 24, 2011, 6:56 PM
Post #80147 of 105309 (3260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

I've got one of the WC zeros I could donate for klikker to bomb onto.

Partner camhead

Aug 24, 2011, 6:59 PM
Post #80148 of 105309 (3264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

imnotclever wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

Whoa, you climb? Me too!

imnotclever

Aug 24, 2011, 7:05 PM
Post #80149 of 105309 (3446 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
imnotclever wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
drivel wrote:
Diphthong wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
drivel wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
camhead wrote:
meatbomz wrote:
camhead wrote:

and i want a grey C3.

no, that's why I have the cam to donate.

Whoa, you climb? Me too!

imnotclever

Aug 24, 2011, 7:05 PM
Post #80150 of 105309 (3442 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

screwed that up.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook