Forums: International: Euro Freaks:
Lone traveler - crags or camps to meet other climbers?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Euro Freaks

Premier Sponsor:

mr.milf

Jul 21, 2011, 7:52 PM
Post #1 of 6 (2222 views)
Shortcut

Lone traveler - crags or camps to meet other climbers?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Can anyone suggest areas in Europe where it is possible to turn up as a single climber at a campsite or crag and have a reasonable chance of finding people to climb with..
I did this in Thailand at tonsai and it worked great, I'm just not sure if this is something that happens in eu and where to find it..

Cheers
=)

uasunflower

Jul 22, 2011, 8:23 AM
Post #2 of 6 (2204 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mr.milf] Lone traveler - crags or camps to meet other climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes you can, many places depending on climbing type, country, etc. Chamonix comes to mind in France, the Cassis or Ceuse campgrounds are full of climbers in season. In Spain, Rodellar Kalandraka refuge or Siurana campgrounds are also usually full of climbers. good luck.

mr.milf

Jul 23, 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #3 of 6 (2189 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uasunflower] Lone traveler - crags or camps to meet other climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Country doesn't matter.. I am free to move through eu =)
climbing type, I prefer face climbing to overhung, rock type I don't mind..

Thanks for the tips.. Gives me a good start!
=)

samso

Aug 31, 2011, 2:11 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2102 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mr.milf] Lone traveler - crags or camps to meet other climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

are you still in Europe? I'm looking to climb all over europe, but not sure where to start. Let me know if you had success!

mr.milf

Aug 31, 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2093 views)
Shortcut

Re: [samso] Lone traveler - crags or camps to meet other climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey samso.. I haven't done any climbing yet, but iv been quite busy doing other stuff so I haven't made the time.. I'm currently in Germany But mid sept I'm hoping to head to chamonix for a couple of weeks to try and find some people to climb with..
I unfortunately have to leave schengen zone at the end of September for 59days to reset my visa so I was thinking turkey, Israel and Jordan with the hope of try and get some climbing in there also..

eric_k

Sep 3, 2011, 2:06 PM
Post #6 of 6 (2066 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am also in Europe right now, I am in Antwerp. If you can make it up to Dinant Belgiam before you leave we can climb together. There is a Huge crag there which is very good. Let me know when you get back into the EU. I pan on traveling quite a lot and will climb anything from Alpine Ice to boulders.

Eric

Forums : International : Euro Freaks

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook