RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

nswelton

Oct 8, 2011, 9:56 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1184 views)
Shortcut

best thin finger crack shoe for weird feet
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

i know i'm going to get tons of different answers, but i'm looking for some new options for shoes that excel at indian creek-style thin splitters... and i also have a messed up foot. the tendons on the bottom of my middle toes are too short, so i have this thing called a cockup deformity. (if you google image it you'll find some weird stuff). basically i can't straighten the toe out and it's always 45 degrees bent at the last digit, which can make jamming thin cracks even more painful. i dont really fit a sportiva asym last, as my middle toes are as long as my big toe, and i climb best in anasazis. so. that's my foot. any suggestions? i've never liked mocs, a little too floppy for my taste.

JohnCook

Oct 8, 2011, 1:21 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1114 views)
Shortcut

Re: [nswelton] best thin finger crack shoe for weird feet [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have a similar problem with second toe being bent. I also love crack climbing, down to thin fingers (hard with my big banana digits) and use Red Chilli spirit velcro. They accomodate my wierd toes but still have a low enough profile to allow insertion into thin cracks. The distrubutor in the US is excalibur, based in Utah.
As usual with shoes this is a personal choice, but many of my UK crack climbing friends also like them.
Good luck on the search. Try and find a place to try on and use any shoes before you buy.

Brickyardgreg

Oct 18, 2011, 12:42 PM
Post #3 of 3 (912 views)
Shortcut

Re: [JohnCook] best thin finger crack shoe for weird feet [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The evolv demorto looks like it might fit your needs. They're made for climber with Morton toe, and has a nice last with good coverage for good jamming. I'm looking at them myself for long climbs and cracks as my more agressive shoes arent ideal for jamming. Good luck.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook