RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

pyoor

Oct 13, 2011, 5:39 AM
Post #1 of 5 (2818 views)
Shortcut

New Zealand Climbing Partner
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'll be on holiday in New Zealand from November 3rd to the 25th. Looking to climb as much as possible. I'll be bringing a rope, set of draws, and a small trad rack.

I lead sport up to 5.10c/d-20/21 and can follow up to 5.11b/c-23/24 but I'd love to hop on some moderates as well. If anyone would like to meet up, please send me a PM here.

Also, just curious if anyone can offer up any recommendations for alpine guides at a reasonable price.

Thanks!

--jason

kiwiprincess

Oct 13, 2011, 5:51 AM
Post #2 of 5 (2813 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pyoor] New Zealand Climbing Partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi
The guides tend to be of a good quality.
I know guides from the following companies and would be more than happy to head out with any of them
Adventure consultants
Summits
Aspiring guides
Alpine Recreation

Guides don't come that cheap but you are much more likely to actually get something done, and be safe.

Check out
mojozone.co.nz- climbing forum
queenstownclimbing.com- club trips
alpineclub.org.nz-

pyoor

Oct 13, 2011, 6:14 AM
Post #3 of 5 (2781 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kiwiprincess] New Zealand Climbing Partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the quick reply. Signed up on mojozone today. I figured I'd pop a message up here while my account was being activated.

Odd question but any suggestions on good places to TR or boulder? I figure on days I can't find a partner I could always run a few laps on the traxions.

Thanks again!

--jason

kiwiprincess

Oct 13, 2011, 7:29 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You can boulder 1 hr out of christchurch, 1 hr out of wellington, Near Oamaru, in Queenstown and Wanaka, also Waitomo and Auckland Quarry up North island
powerband is a boulderers website.

If you are all by your self you can probably find partners at Wanaka or Paynes ford Pretty easy.

TR, I'd learn to lead solo. Only at Wanaka can I think of climbs to walk to the anchors (although I'm sure there would be more)

Myxomatosis

Oct 24, 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey man, you will have no worries finding a partner at Paynes Ford/Takaka with a rope.. I was there by myself over summer and took me about 3 minutes to find a partner, LOL.. (A rope helps!!)

Castle Hill is about 1hr from Christchurch and most people stay at Craggieburn Forest Park camp site (cheap camping) which is a few minutes up the road by car. You could easily spend 5 days there without touching the same boulder twice and I always pick up random tourists to climb with Smile

Wanaka/QTown... Just stand at Hospital Flats with ya rope hanging out.. Crazy Or post on Mojozone. I am sure their will be heaps of tourists around wanting someone to climb with, there are already a few posts on Mojozone looking for people.

And you could just give me a msg when you get here. Not sure what is happening this summer (wont have a job) but ill be based in the South Island in CHCH so always keen for some Castle Hill action or might even just chill out at Paynes Ford again.

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook