Forums: Climbing Partners: US - South:
Quartz Mountain/OK Wildlife Refuge - Partners in next few days?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

Partner happiegrrrl

Nov 9, 2011, 1:14 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1071 views)
Shortcut

Quartz Mountain/OK Wildlife Refuge - Partners in next few days?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am headed to Joshua Tree and a friend who used to live in the area suggested seeing if I can't get out to climb in one or the other of these places, since I am passing through by HWY 40. He's named some names but I am one not one to email people directly and put them on the spot.

I'll probably be around there some time on Friday - so the weekend days would be good, and if I can coordinate with anyone, will be available both those days.

I would not want to be leading, since I don't know the area but can follow 9's on face/slab. Crack technique would have me flailing on a sustained 9 - but 7's and an easyish 8 should be okay.

Climbing since 2004, leading 2005, get out regularly, enjoy the art of the belay(meaning I pay attention while you lead). My local crag is the Gunks in season, and Jtree in winter, and have climbed a bit around the US. Happy to join a group or just with one or two, though since I am traveling...if you are one person, hopefully your rc profile is not an empty slate.

I do have a dog, named Teddy, who is very good at the crag and stays tethered. Just don't leave your sandwich in his vicinity - he is, after all, a dog.

Or, if you're not available, any suggestions on a hike for nice photos I can do at either of those places?

Thanks!

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook