Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
What's the easiest way to summit Rainbow Mountain from the top of Solar Slab?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

alexoverhere

Nov 23, 2011, 2:15 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1029 views)
Shortcut

What's the easiest way to summit Rainbow Mountain from the top of Solar Slab?  (North_America: United_States: Nevada: Red_Rock_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've read Solar Slab Cotinuation: http://www.rockclimbing.com/...inuation__73095.html. Wondering if it is possible to head N/NW from the top of Solar Slab to climb the small lower-angle buttresses (judging from pictures and Google earth) or if there are other routes from the top of Solar Slab.

matt4923

Jan 20, 2012, 5:56 PM
Post #2 of 2 (928 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alexoverhere] What's the easiest way to summit Rainbow Mountain from the top of Solar Slab? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Thats funny, I asked the same thing about 1 year ago. I've attempted it 2 more times since but haven't been able to summit yet.

What I've found so far is once you're at the top of SS go right through this small rock arch. Head straight until you get to a low angled slab in a little slot canyon. From what I've found, this is the best way to start. Protection is sparse until you get up a little higher, not a lot of holds at first but it looks easy climbing.

I took a fall while resting on a piece placed high to the right, I shouldn't have gone that way. I bailed on that attempt and want to try it again. PM me if you're down for attempting it, I would love to come along if you're cool with it!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook