RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

walkabout90

Dec 6, 2011, 8:53 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2411 views)
Shortcut

NC Highline North Carolina
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am an avid climber / slacker and am hopelessly obsessed by the idea of high-lining. I've never gone before but I have a good grasp on the set up. I'm looking to first set up at Devil's Cellar in Linville gorge, but am looking for more good spots that anyone knows of/ if someone with a little more experience wanted to come with to help out that would be great also. Thanks guys
Scott

johnwesely

Dec 6, 2011, 9:15 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2404 views)
Shortcut

Re: [walkabout90] NC Highline North Carolina [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Sounds like a bad idea. Hopefully you can get someone more experienced to help you out.

areyoumydude

Dec 7, 2011, 12:24 AM
Post #3 of 4 (2375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

walkabout90 wrote:
I am an avid climber / slacker and am hopelessly obsessed by the idea of high-lining. I've never gone before but I have a good grasp on the set up. I'm looking to first set up at Devil's Cellar in Linville gorge, but am looking for more good spots that anyone knows of/ if someone with a little more experience wanted to come with to help out that would be great also. Thanks guys
Scott

I don't know any highliners from NC but if you're ever out my way I'd be happy to show you how I set lines up.

I would definitely recommend a mentor, but if you do it yourself make sure everything is backed up and dont use 'biners to attach yourself to the line.

markw

Dec 8, 2011, 2:51 AM
Post #4 of 4 (2335 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey scott, I will be in western North Carolina for a short time over the holidays and have rigging experience but no equipment on that side of the country. Drop me a message if you want to try and meet up. What do you have as far as materials are concerned?

Regards,
Mark

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook