RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

Partner camhead

Jan 3, 2012, 4:07 PM
Post #1 of 8 (4234 views)
Shortcut

Editing Routes: this question has been bugging me for years
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Every time I edit a route, it takes me to a page saying something like "thank-you, your route changes will be verified, and we'll send you an email."

I have not once gotten an email or PM or anything. I'm not sure that any of my edits have been made, either. What is the exact process for route changes getting made?

Anyway, no hurry on my most recent route edit, since I am really happy with my ascents profile saying that I flashed a v8.

jakedatc

Jan 4, 2012, 6:34 PM
Post #2 of 8 (4205 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Editing Routes: this question has been bugging me for years [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Every time I edit a route, it takes me to a page saying something like "thank-you, your route changes will be verified, and we'll send you an email."

I have not once gotten an email or PM or anything. I'm not sure that any of my edits have been made, either. What is the exact process for route changes getting made?

Anyway, no hurry on my most recent route edit, since I am really happy with my ascents profile saying that I flashed a v8.

man... they never had a chance to get out the umbrella.. just wamm hose down ;)

USnavy

Feb 4, 2012, 5:51 PM
Post #3 of 8 (4143 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Editing Routes: this question has been bugging me for years [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

The route editors have to manually verify the changes. When you make a change we get a message in the route Gossamer Link editors page. However in order to view this message we have to actually go in there. I suspect some editors have gotten lazy or are busy and dont go in the editors page much anymore. In any case, just PM the editor and tell him to approve the change. You should get a confirmation email when the change is approved (or denied), unless DDT changed stuff.

You can find the editor for your region here: http://www.rockclimbing.com/...ase_Editors_557.html

(This post was edited by USnavy on Feb 4, 2012, 6:00 PM)

Gmburns2000

Feb 4, 2012, 6:27 PM
Post #4 of 8 (4138 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] Editing Routes: this question has been bugging me for years [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
The route editors have to manually verify the changes. When you make a change we get a message in the route Gossamer Link editors page. However in order to view this message we have to actually go in there. I suspect some editors have gotten lazy or are busy and dont go in the editors page much anymore. In any case, just PM the editor and tell him to approve the change. You should get a confirmation email when the change is approved (or denied), unless DDT changed stuff.

You can find the editor for your region here: http://www.rockclimbing.com/...ase_Editors_557.html

Part of the problem I had in Chile was that DDT was the editor and never responded to my requests for changes and / or to be the editor. I wanted to add about a seven or eight regions and possibly hundreds of routes and was met with crickets.

USnavy

Feb 5, 2012, 7:35 AM
Post #5 of 8 (4128 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Editing Routes: this question has been bugging me for years [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
USnavy wrote:

Part of the problem I had in Chile was that DDT was the editor and never responded to my requests for changes and / or to be the editor. I wanted to add about a seven or eight regions and possibly hundreds of routes and was met with crickets.
Well if you want to add that many routes, just ask DDT to make you the area editor, then you can.

Gmburns2000

Feb 5, 2012, 6:22 PM
Post #6 of 8 (4120 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] Editing Routes: this question has been bugging me for years [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
USnavy wrote:

Well if you want to add that many routes, just ask DDT to make you the area editor, then you can.

That's what I did.

xmesox

Feb 6, 2012, 7:21 AM
Post #7 of 8 (4099 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Editing Routes: this question has been bugging me for years [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well DDT stepped back from the main activity in the site earlier last year so anything sent to him since then may well have not been read or action not taken if sent to his message box or his private e-mail.

I've been handling the vast majority of the site duties since then and been setting up area managers etc. If you're interested in being an area manager just PM me the details of which area or e-mail me at support@rockclimbing.com

Gmburns2000

Feb 6, 2012, 1:22 PM
Post #8 of 8 (4087 views)
Shortcut

Re: [xmesox] Editing Routes: this question has been bugging me for years [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

xmesox wrote:
Well DDT stepped back from the main activity in the site earlier last year so anything sent to him since then may well have not been read or action not taken if sent to his message box or his private e-mail.

I've been handling the vast majority of the site duties since then and been setting up area managers etc. If you're interested in being an area manager just PM me the details of which area or e-mail me at support@rockclimbing.com

Thanks. Good to know. I didn't know DDT wasn't involved anymore.

I no longer live in Chile and there's an editor here in Brazil already, so there's no need at the moment. But I may be moving back to Chile in the coming years, so I'll shoot you a PM then.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook