Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Slacklining:
The new PowrLine, is it time to trade up?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

SlacklifeNC

Feb 28, 2012, 1:40 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2008 views)
Shortcut

The new PowrLine, is it time to trade up?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

After having my Jibline and Surfline fray in many places, the new PowrLine from Balance Community is looking very appealing.

http://www.balancecommunity.com/PowrLine

"The Balance Community PowrLine is a 1.25" wide threaded tubular, the first in our series of high-quality tricklines for the dedicated slackliner.

The focus on this line was to make a strong, lightweight, and powerful trickline that doubles as a longline and highline. This line has some really incredible bounce as a trickline, and very powerful, slow movements as a longline. The line is very soft under foot, and the extra 1/4-inch makes for the perfect width for a trickline."

What do you all think about the PowrLine? Is it worth the cost? What are your thoughts?

(This post was edited by SlacklifeNC on Feb 28, 2012, 1:41 PM)

slackhappy22

Apr 14, 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1862 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SlacklifeNC] The new PowrLine, is it time to trade up? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It seems like a lot of Gibbon alternatives are finally cropping up with better quality products. My buddy bought a powr line and it's been awesome. Holds up really well but is kind of a bitch to setup. I'm on the fence as to whether or not to get the powrline or buy from these guys I met on the beach in Venice, named Perfect tension slacklines. Still trying to make a decision as their line was pretty cool, seemed like higher quality, and had a lot of bounce for tricklining. They claim it's more durable bc of the quality of the webbing so it holds up better in the ratchet. I hear balance community is coming out with a rageline as well which I'm curious to see. Regardless, I know I'm definitely not going to buy a Gibbon line again.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook