Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
One problem
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

Naay

Apr 7, 2012, 4:09 PM
Post #1 of 3 (853 views)
Shortcut

One problem  (North_America: United_States: Michigan: Western_Lower_Peninsula: Climb_Kalamazoo)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

While the gym is really exciting to someone like my-self(a new climber). I cannot help but feel their prices are way out landaus. Costing nearly $40 for one adult and one child. Lowering this would most certain make this a 5 out 5 consideration for this gym. But its hard to find others who are willing to drop that kind of money for a one time experience(in most cases).

You always have to know when there deals are, else be forced to dig deep into your pocket book.Unsure

Again, this is really my only major complaint. Since there's really nothing else in Kalamazoo, locals are forced to pay these prices while there's no other competition in the city limits.

(This post was edited by Naay on Apr 7, 2012, 4:13 PM)

rtwilli4

Apr 7, 2012, 4:16 PM
Post #2 of 3 (845 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Naay] One problem [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That sounds really REALLY expensive. $40 USD is more than an adult and child would pay at the most expensive gym where I live (London). Does that include gear rental? If so, there's one problem right there. Invest in some gear.

It's worth mentioning that monthly memberships are usually the way to go, but not if you consider it to be a "one time experience."

Naay

Apr 7, 2012, 4:24 PM
Post #3 of 3 (842 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rtwilli4] One problem [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes it does include shoes, harness, and belay. But looking at other places, they charge nearly double the standard rate for each rental equipment. This is where they really make their money I suspect.

Also I'm only able to go once or twice a week, so I kind of wounder the worth of a membership to someone like my self. And its like I said, finding others to drop that kind money as well is really, really tough.

(This post was edited by Naay on Apr 7, 2012, 4:26 PM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook