Apr 26, 2012, 1:18 PM
Post #26 of 48 (3339 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Got any good conspiracy theories? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
squierbypetzl wrote:
No ladies have posted up so far, but statistically speaking at least 1 of you guys wears girl-pants, so what do you think?
Why do I get the feeling you are looking at me?

Don't feel bad. I used to work at Urban Outfitters. I was considered abnormal for not wearing teh girlz pantz.

Ahem... PTFTW.

sungam

Apr 26, 2012, 1:37 PM
Post #27 of 48 (3331 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Greggle] Got any good conspiracy theories? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Greggle wrote:
Ahem... PTFTW.
Smooth PT, however... 100PPP is now standard as far as I care Tongue

Greggle

Apr 26, 2012, 2:00 PM
Post #28 of 48 (3326 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Greggle wrote:
Ahem... PTFTW.
Smooth PT, however... 100PPP is now standard as far as I care Tongue

You have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve.

squierbypetzl

Apr 26, 2012, 2:59 PM
Post #29 of 48 (3315 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:

Is that a tramp stamp? Well that explains a lot.

sungam

Apr 26, 2012, 3:16 PM
Post #30 of 48 (3312 views)
Shortcut

Re: [squierbypetzl] Got any good conspiracy theories? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

squierbypetzl wrote:
sungam wrote:
[image]http://i.imgur.com/X195v.jpg[/image]

chadnsc

Apr 26, 2012, 3:30 PM
Post #31 of 48 (3302 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
squierbypetzl wrote:
sungam wrote:

[image]http://i.imgur.com/AxsCC.jpg[/image]

You sure know a lot about that show.

sungam

Apr 26, 2012, 3:34 PM
Post #32 of 48 (3301 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] Got any good conspiracy theories? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
sungam wrote:
squierbypetzl wrote:
sungam wrote:

Well I have seen every episode and a fair amount of the fanfic, so, yeah.

donald949

Apr 26, 2012, 10:07 PM
Post #33 of 48 (3280 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
sungam wrote:
squierbypetzl wrote:
sungam wrote:

Last night, my daughter showed me her pony collection. Unsure
Apperantly, someone we know outgrew them, gave them to my daughter, and now we have a dozen little ponies at my house. Pirate

donald949

Apr 26, 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #34 of 48 (3278 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Got any good conspiracy theories? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
squierbypetzl wrote:
A female friend of mine who worked in the Milan fashion scene once told me that womens pants have fake or near-useless pockets in order to force women to buy purses (the pants that do have adecuate pockets are severely frowned upon by the in crowd, which in turn influences the rest of the market).

No ladies have posted up so far, but statistically speaking at least 1 of you guys wears girl-pants, so what do you think?

lipstick fits just fine in those pockets, and that's all any woman really needs.
This is correct.

sungam

Apr 27, 2012, 9:50 AM
Post #35 of 48 (3257 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Got any good conspiracy theories? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
sungam wrote:
squierbypetzl wrote:
sungam wrote:

Apperantly, someone we know outgrew them, gave them to my daughter, and now we have a dozen little ponies at my house. Pirate
Heh. I don't have any toy ponies. A couple t-shirts, sure, but no toys. *yet*

donald949

Apr 27, 2012, 5:16 PM
Post #36 of 48 (3247 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
donald949 wrote:
sungam wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
sungam wrote:
squierbypetzl wrote:
sungam wrote:

Heh. I don't have any toy ponies. A couple t-shirts, sure, but no toys. *yet*
Well, I would offer you ours. But I don't think my daughter will give them up.

pinktricam

Apr 29, 2012, 5:46 AM
Post #37 of 48 (3222 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like this one:

AnInterestingBlog wrote:
Gun control laws were originally promulgated by Democrats to keep guns out of the hands of blacks. This allowed the Democratic policy of slavery to proceed with fewer bumps and, after the Civil War, allowed the Democratic Ku Klux Klan to menace and murder black Americans with little resistance.

(Contrary to what illiterates believe, the KKK was an outgrowth of the Democratic Party, with overlapping membership rolls. The Klan was to the Democrats what the American Civil Liberties Union is today: Not every Democrat is an ACLU’er, but every ACLU’er is a Democrat. Same with the Klan.)

In 1640, the very first gun control law ever enacted on these shores was passed in Virginia. It provided that blacks — even freemen — could not own guns.

sungam

Apr 29, 2012, 9:47 AM
Post #38 of 48 (3217 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] Got any good conspiracy theories? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

At this point I am still (understandably) pretty skeptical that "all klan members are democrats". Find some more sources, though, and I might believe you a little.

It seems unlikely, though.

pinktricam

Apr 29, 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #39 of 48 (3210 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The blogger continues in this vein...

Thisvein wrote:
Chief Justice Roger Taney’s infamous opinion in Dred Scott v. Sandford circularly argued that blacks could not be citizens because if they were citizens, they would have the right to own guns: “t would give them the full liberty,” he said, “to keep and carry arms wherever they went.”

With logic like that, Republicans eventually had to fight a Civil War to get the Democrats to give up slavery. Alas, they were Democrats, so they cheated.After the war, Democratic legislatures enacted “Black Codes,” denying black Americans the right of citizenship — such as the rather crucial one of bearing arms — while other Democrats (sometimes the same Democrats) founded the Ku Klux Klan.

For more than a hundred years, Republicans have aggressively supported arming blacks, so they could defend themselves against Democrats.

sungam

Apr 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
Post #40 of 48 (3205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Still waiting for more then one source. It is possible to make shit up, you know.

Gmburns2000

Apr 29, 2012, 2:57 PM
Post #41 of 48 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sungam wrote:
Still waiting for more then one source. It is possible to make shit up, you know.

It's also possible that, if it's true (and there may be bits of truth in that), that much of those sentiments were washed away by the Democrats in the 1960s.

sungam

Apr 29, 2012, 3:26 PM
Post #42 of 48 (3193 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
sungam wrote:

It's also possible that, if it's true (and there may be bits of truth in that), that much of those sentiments were washed away by the Democrats in the 1960s.
Yeah, but when one person (who has already shown an incredible weakness to believing unsupported single sources as the absolute truth) cites a single unknown source (and a blog at that), it seems likely that it's made up.

Especially the laughable comment of "all KKK members are democrats". Of course I could be wrong, and I am open to believing that the KKK was started by some democrats, but the belief that only people who support one particular party can be members of the KKK is pretty stupid.

Ignorance isn't tied to political beliefs.

dr_feelgood

Apr 29, 2012, 4:56 PM
Post #43 of 48 (3186 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
I like this one:

AnInterestingBlog wrote:
Gun control laws were originally promulgated by Democrats to keep guns out of the hands of blacks. This allowed the Democratic policy of slavery to proceed with fewer bumps and, after the Civil War, allowed the Democratic Ku Klux Klan to menace and murder black Americans with little resistance.

(Contrary to what illiterates believe, the KKK was an outgrowth of the Democratic Party, with overlapping membership rolls. The Klan was to the Democrats what the American Civil Liberties Union is today: Not every Democrat is an ACLU’er, but every ACLU’er is a Democrat. Same with the Klan.)

In 1640, the very first gun control law ever enacted on these shores was passed in Virginia. It provided that blacks — even freemen — could not own guns.

This isn't a conspiracy theory. I'd venture to say that the majority of americans forget that the democratic party used to be the party of the southern slaveholder, and that the term 'radical republican' was often synonymous with abolitionist and northerner.

The black codes of the post civil war reconstruction were explicit in preventing freed blacks from owning firearms and served as a means of ensuring their continued coerced labor, often at the hands of their former master. The KKK was the terrorist organization formed during the civil war to ensure the post-war complacency of the black population via the tactics of terrorism.

The real issue with your post is in here:
pinktricam wrote:
The blogger continues in this vein...

Thisvein wrote:
Chief Justice Roger Taney’s infamous opinion in Dred Scott v. Sandford circularly argued that blacks could not be citizens because if they were citizens, they would have the right to own guns: “It would give them the full liberty,” he said, “to keep and carry arms wherever they went.”

With logic like that, Republicans eventually had to fight a Civil War to get the Democrats to give up slavery. Alas, they were Democrats, so they cheated.After the war, Democratic legislatures enacted “Black Codes,” denying black Americans the right of citizenship — such as the rather crucial one of bearing arms — while other Democrats (sometimes the same Democrats) founded the Ku Klux Klan.

For more than a hundred years, Republicans have aggressively supported arming blacks, so they could defend themselves against Democrats.

The very ideas of the party system shifted with FDR's administration and the great depression, and then finally during the civil rights crusades of the 1960s. Strom Thurmond, infamous racist and senator, shifted from the Democratic party to the Republican party in 1964 (with a brief presidential run on a state's rights ticket). I'm quite positive that thurmond was explicitly against the extension of any civil rights to the black population, especially the right to bear arms.

Your post is a perversion of the history of US race relations in the united states, especially regarding gun control and gun rights. The Republican party of today bears no resemblance to the party of Lincoln.

e:dct

(This post was edited by dr_feelgood on Apr 29, 2012, 4:58 PM)

veganclimber

Apr 29, 2012, 9:16 PM
Post #44 of 48 (3167 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by veganclimber [In reply to]
Report this Post

squierbypetzl

May 2, 2012, 7:54 PM
Post #45 of 48 (3122 views)
Shortcut

Re: [veganclimber] Got any good conspiracy theories? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Food for thought about the GOP and DP of today (two sides of the same coin btw).

Remember SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? All 3 are legal iniciatives meant to expand corporate and government abilities to oversee and rein in (not "reign") what they considered illegal activities over the internet.

This morning Harvard and MIT announced the creation of a massive online education platform much like Stanford and Princetons, except get this, it will be completely free of charge.

Knowledge is power, and this project is another great blow to the capitalistic educational paradigm (grmmr), where knowledge is considered a priviledge, and a costly one at that.

Veritas Vos Liberabit, the Truth shall set you Free. Maybe somebody doesn't like that idea?

(This post was edited by squierbypetzl on May 2, 2012, 8:01 PM)

Gmburns2000

May 3, 2012, 1:49 AM
Post #46 of 48 (3104 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

squierbypetzl wrote:
Food for thought about the GOP and DP of today (two sides of the same coin btw).

Remember SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? All 3 are legal iniciatives meant to expand corporate and government abilities to oversee and rein in (not "reign") what they considered illegal activities over the internet.

This morning Harvard and MIT announced the creation of a massive online education platform much like Stanford and Princetons, except get this, it will be completely free of charge.

Knowledge is power, and this project is another great blow to the capitalistic educational paradigm (grmmr), where knowledge is considered a priviledge, and a costly one at that.

Veritas Vos Liberabit, the Truth shall set you Free. Maybe somebody doesn't like that idea?

as an aside, both Harvard and MIT have been doing this for a few years now. I think this is the first time they've collaborated on this project (I think, but I'm not sure).

Before this, I'm pretty sure anyone could have audited many of their classes for free or for a small fee. Again, not sure about the details, but the spirit of what they announced has actually been in place for a long time. I considered auditing classes at Harvard but never found the time.

squierbypetzl

May 3, 2012, 2:47 AM
Post #47 of 48 (3098 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Indeed. Stanford, Mich. U. and Princeton have had their project up and running since last year.

I remember some failed attempts by several big uni's to move online some 7 or 8 years ago, but like I said, they failed. Now they've got a 50 million dollar budget, and neither Harvard nor MIT are known for accepting failure easily.

Harvard also let's students from Tuft's Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy attend classes. It's the scale of the present project that caught my eye. The conspiracy thing was just an aside.

A esposa com o aniversario chegando joga uma indireta no marido:
"Amor, meu aniversário está chegando e quero um presente bem legal. Vou te dar uma pista: vai de zero a cem em menos de 5 segundos, pode ser de qualquer cor."
No dia do aniversario a mulher encontrou um pacote no quarto com uma balança de banheiro cor de rosa, novinha.
Ah, a propósito, o marido continua desaparecido.

Conheçe alguma piada?

IvanL

May 6, 2012, 9:50 PM
Post #48 of 48 (3021 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The people who make my chargers/adapters are in league with the people who make multiboard outlets. They are so unnecessarily and absurdly shaped that they will not fit into two wall sockets side by side. Forcing me to buy more multiboards.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook