RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

brokesomeribs

Jul 3, 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1184 views)
Shortcut

Looking for climbing/training partner in DC or MD
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Work is sending me to Rockville, MD for 4-6 months at least and I'll be staying in walking distance from Earth Treks. I'm looking for dedicated training partner(s) who really want to put in the time to train hard and get stronger. Consistent gym sessions, frequent Seneca/NRG/Coopers trips, and maybe even some cross training for alpine pursuits. Ice in the winter too, if suffering and fear is your thing.

I'm 28, been climbing 10+ years, and lead mid 5.11 on bolts, mid 5.10 on gear. Looking to push those a full grade this season, more if my tendons can take it.

I'm looking for both climbing and training partner(s) - if you just want to trade belays, that's fine too. That said, we don't have to be climbing the same grades at all, especially for gym climbing.

This is an equal opportunity position: Age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, etc are all irrelevant.

agbullock

Aug 8, 2012, 3:16 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1131 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brokesomeribs] Looking for climbing/training partner in DC or MD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So, I'm reading your post and thinking to myself that I would love to get together at Earth Treks for some serious climb-time. I'm also 28, and I have a lot of top rope experience, but I learn really fast (I promise) and I really want to develop my leading skills.
I have plenty of experience TR belaying and climbing inside or outside, and I was a climbing instructor for a camp this summer. I spent several days with the group at Carderock, so I'm really comfortable going out and setting up any TR climbs.
Right now, I'm climbing 5.8/5.9, but I'm improving each day. I spend lots of time at ET, so maybe we've seen each other before (although I am usually by myself, so I mostly work out bouldering two or three times each week).
Let me know if you want to meet up!
Ali

brokesomeribs

Aug 8, 2012, 3:02 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1120 views)
Shortcut

Re: [agbullock] Looking for climbing/training partner in DC or MD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Ali, I sent you a PM

JimmyH

Sep 18, 2012, 7:51 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1026 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brokesomeribs] Looking for climbing/training partner in DC or MD [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey, I realize your post is kinda old, but I thought I'd respond anyways. I'm 26 and started climbing 5 years ago, but unfortunately I have not climbed for significant periods during that time as the result of injuries, changing jobs, moving across the country (twice), etc.

I'm relatively new to DC and finally back in a climbing groove - ready to really start improving after just trying to regain my past form/ability.

I have trad following and leading experience, and I want to do more in that discipline. I'd say right now I'd feel comfortable leading 9's on gear, and 10's on bolts (working on getting my lead head back after not climbing for over a year).

I have a partial rack as well as bouldering pads too if there's any interest there. Bottom line is I want to get outdoors as much as possible and really start moving up the grades. I haven't done ice, but I have climbed throughout the winter in New England, so I don't mind getting on some rock when the temp dips.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook