Forums: Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback:
I suggest users get a notice when they are banned as to why and for how longs :)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

sungam

Oct 23, 2012, 2:00 AM
Post #1 of 6 (6045 views)
Shortcut

I suggest users get a notice when they are banned as to why and for how longs :)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

Hey guise can I at least know how long I am banzed for and why (volume of posts, content, load on server, suspected use of macros, overly obnoxious spelling, etc.)?

Really I feel like users should get a wee note in their PMs about why the banz went through, even if it's just "calm the fuck down bro - 24hours" or somethin'. I seem to recall I used to get those?

Thanks!

Sungie

xmesox

Oct 23, 2012, 2:41 PM
Post #2 of 6 (6027 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] I suggest users get a notice when they are banned as to why and for how longs :) [In reply to]
Report this Post

That is what is supposed to happen yes. Not sure who implemented the banning, but the idea is that mods should message the user why they were banned and for how long.

sungam

Oct 23, 2012, 5:17 PM
Post #3 of 6 (6019 views)
Shortcut

Re: [xmesox] I suggest users get a notice when they are banned as to why and for how longs :) [In reply to]
Report this Post

Still curious about this ^.^

edge

Oct 23, 2012, 5:55 PM
Post #4 of 6 (6014 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] I suggest users get a notice when they are banned as to why and for how longs :) [In reply to]
Report this Post

sungam wrote:
Still curious about this ^.^

That would have been me. I saw something like 120 posts in 5 minutes and really, that was a bit much for all of the reasons you cited upthread. I imposed a one day ban to stop the barrage (campground only) and then we lost power and my wireless went out before I could pm; I wasn't even sure if the banzing went through until just now. For that, I apologize.

Xmesox, you can lift the ban now, I can't see a way for me to remove it.

Sungie, behave yourself!

sbaclimber

Oct 23, 2012, 7:42 PM
Post #5 of 6 (6006 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] I suggest users get a notice when they are banned as to why and for how longs :) [In reply to]
Report this Post

edge wrote:
I saw something like 120 posts in 5 minute
Sungie, behave yourself!
@Xmesox: Wouldn't it be easier to restrict the users to 1 post per X amount of time!?
There are a lot of forums that don't even allow you to search posts that quickly, let alone create them....Crazy

edit for mega-cheesetit

(This post was edited by sbaclimber on Oct 23, 2012, 7:43 PM)

Partner epoch

Oct 23, 2012, 9:24 PM
Post #6 of 6 (5997 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sbaclimber] I suggest users get a notice when they are banned as to why and for how longs :) [In reply to]
Report this Post

I've removed the ban.

To all who are reading this. It is standard practice for the moderators to PM a user explaining what actions have been taken against them when it comes to bans.

I have locked this thread. The matter is closed.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook