RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

albrizz

Nov 5, 2012, 8:54 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1518 views)
Shortcut

Solution and demon 2.0 questions
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Been bouldering 10+ hours a week for the past 3 years and have come to the point where my shoes (copperheads) are the weakest point in my climbing arsenal. I've spent the last 2 weeks looking into every shoe on the market and just ahd a few specific questions that i couldnt find answers to in the reviews.

For the Solutions, how fast does the toe rubber actually wear? I realize its very dependent on non-crap footwork, but that wont be a problem in my case :D So assuming decent footwork and about 5 hours of outdoor granite bouldering each week, will they last long enough to merit the $170 price tag?

I'm also looking at the mad rock demon 2.0's. The $120 price tag is enough to make me suspicious, and on top of that, I cant seem to find any user reviews. assuming that they fit well, does anyone have any experience in these, and if so what did you think?

namoclimber

Nov 22, 2012, 7:42 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1333 views)
Shortcut

Re: [albrizz] Solution and demon 2.0 questions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Don't buy madrock if you want durability. The solutions have have personally seen last quite along time. I have always suggested to newer climbers or anyone asking that you get a pair of very durable shoes to warm up in and climb moderately hard routes where you don't need the help and a pair of projecting shoes maybe something really aggressive or very soft for the extra friction.
But that being said if its one shoe that you want.
Maybe testerosa or solution may do the job.
again it does depend on steepness of the rock and what type of climbing you mostly do.
maybe check scarpa too i have a pair that wont die.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook