RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

smallclimber

Nov 14, 2012, 2:40 AM
Post #1 of 13 (8484 views)
Shortcut

Recommend me a plush fleece jacket
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I have a new fleece jacket on my Christmas list, and I have to give my hubby very precise instructions if there is any hope it will actually materialize (in fact I will probably need to purchase it myself). I don't get to visit any outdoor shops these days so am trying to make a choice based on on-line browsing.
I like the plush ones which seem popular now, so I will be cuddly for my kids! Want a full zip front and no hood. A jacket not just a base layer. Not really for any climbing or backcountry use, just to wear to the park with the kids, iin the car for cold mornings etc. Something cozy, cute, comfortable and not too bulky that I can put on easily for everyday use. I tried on the north face Osito and it was nice shape and feel, but maybe a bit thin. Any other suggestions from the rc.com ladies?

And no it doesn't need to be pink. I was thinking brown would make a nice change from most of my coats which are black.......

granite_grrl

Nov 14, 2012, 3:22 PM
Post #2 of 13 (8457 views)
Shortcut

Re: [smallclimber] Recommend me a plush fleece jacket [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This seems like a very open ended question, especially when you're not looking for something technical or with other specific requirements.

There are 8 pages of women's fleece jackets when you go onto MooseJaw. Shocked

granite_grrl

Nov 14, 2012, 3:24 PM
Post #3 of 13 (8455 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Though I will say that if you're looking for something as a stand alone jacket you might be better serves with something like a softshell? Regular fleeces are worthless them moment you get a bit of wind.

nessie

Nov 14, 2012, 5:18 PM
Post #4 of 13 (8446 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Recommend me a plush fleece jacket [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i have a nice one from lowe alpine...small size,black(but probabaly available in different colours) warm and cuddly and i know patagonia has snuggly ones too!

lena_chita

Nov 14, 2012, 5:43 PM
Post #5 of 13 (8443 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I looked at TNF Osito online right now, since I didn't know what it was, and from the pictures, as well as the listed weight, it looks really thick! I don't know that there are very many fleece jackets out there that are thicker than that.

The two plush fluffy ones that come to mind are MH Monkeywoman, and Patagonia R4. But both are rather expensive, and seem to be an overkill for just going around town.

Maybe check out Eddie Bauer fleece jackets? They look cute. Or Dakini Fuzzy Wuzzy. (I got that one on clearance in brown color a couple of years back, for just $15. My son took one look at it, decided that brown color was acceptable, and appropriated it. I haven't worn it since, but you would be happy to know that it stood up to two years of BOY-wearing, and remained plush after repeated laundering. )

Partner macherry

Nov 14, 2012, 5:53 PM
Post #6 of 13 (8440 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] Recommend me a plush fleece jacket [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

patagonia has some nice plush fleeces. i just received their winter catalogue.

i have a mountain hardwear monkey fleece. just love it.

you can get deals on these products if you search the net. i think my partner got me my monkey fleece from sierra trading post for cheap. but it all depends on how much is in the budget.

Partner happiegrrrl

Nov 14, 2012, 11:33 PM
Post #7 of 13 (8415 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Recommend me a plush fleece jacket [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would go with Patagonia. They have their basic fleece in 4 levels of cozy. And some cute more stylish ones, like this Fleece Hoodie: http://www.patagonia.com/...-hoody?p=25706-0-028

SylviaSmile

Nov 18, 2012, 7:21 AM
Post #8 of 13 (8333 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

smallclimber wrote:
I have a new fleece jacket on my Christmas list, and I have to give my hubby very precise instructions if there is any hope it will actually materialize (in fact I will probably need to purchase it myself). I don't get to visit any outdoor shops these days so am trying to make a choice based on on-line browsing.
I like the plush ones which seem popular now, so I will be cuddly for my kids! Want a full zip front and no hood. A jacket not just a base layer. Not really for any climbing or backcountry use, just to wear to the park with the kids, iin the car for cold mornings etc. Something cozy, cute, comfortable and not too bulky that I can put on easily for everyday use. I tried on the north face Osito and it was nice shape and feel, but maybe a bit thin. Any other suggestions from the rc.com ladies?

And no it doesn't need to be pink. I was thinking brown would make a nice change from most of my coats which are black.......

Yes, I know exactly what you want, because I have one like this and wear it all the time: Mountain Hardwear Pyxis Jacket

smallclimber

Nov 29, 2012, 6:38 PM
Post #9 of 13 (8197 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SylviaSmile] Recommend me a plush fleece jacket [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ladies,
Thanks for all the suggestions. In the end I went for the North Face Osito which I had tried on in a shop. Now its arrived its actually thicker than I remembered and is just the right weight for running about town in. I also whimped out on the colour and went for .......black.
I'm not usually a big north face fan as they seem a bit mass market these days, but this is a nice fleece and a bit longer in the body than some others which I like as its not for climbing.
It passed the "soft and cuddly" test with my 2 yr old so well that she took it to bed with her to cuddle last night.

I hope everyone else gets what they want for Christmas!

Toast_in_the_Machine

Nov 30, 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #10 of 13 (8164 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know who you want to look like

http://www.channel4000.com/...dhrg71z/-/index.html

smallclimber

Dec 2, 2012, 8:44 PM
Post #11 of 13 (8136 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Recommend me a plush fleece jacket [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You just ruined my enjoyment of my new jacket!

dr_feelgood

Dec 2, 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #12 of 13 (8130 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

smallclimber wrote:
Strong work, Toast. Strong work indeed.

SylviaSmile

Dec 5, 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #13 of 13 (8063 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

smallclimber wrote:

Well, you would also look like countless people I've seen in the Denver airport. Apparently, black North Face jackets are the thing to wear whilst flying to or from skiing.

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook