Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

socalclimber

Dec 25, 2012, 3:41 AM
Post #26 of 27 (1228 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bearbreeder] Question for older climbers. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

bearbreeder wrote:
if you want to climb harder ... climb with hawt gurls 1/2 your age ... that might also get you injured too ...

but it sure is more fun Tongue

Brilliant advice!Laugh

jacques

Dec 27, 2012, 3:52 PM
Post #27 of 27 (1169 views)
Shortcut

Re: [arcadiandj] Question for older climbers. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Make the difference between trad and sport. 50 years old climber who trad 5.8 or more have in general a lot of experience to see the danger...compare to few years cimber who just see the possibility to have fun at a lower level than in a gym. One of my partner did a route, it was a dangerous 5.6, and say that if he felt it was the fault of the rock. He didn't have the experience to climb on that kind of rock and never saw the evident fracture line in the rock.

At fifty, or close to it, leading sport is a better option. You have all the chalenge of the climb and you can climb harder route in few month. As other people had thought about the safety for you (bolt, rigid sling, etc), you don't have to do some boring exercises essential for only one situation in your life. I had four or five of those situation where I wasn't kill just by "luck", I did the good safety move, that we never have to do or learn in a gym, with a "no chance to take" mind set.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook