RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

yodadave

Jan 13, 2013, 6:56 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2654 views)
Shortcut

Moon hangboard training and chalk
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just got a new hangboard, the Moon one. Love it so far and did my first full workout on it yesterday. I roughly followed the workout from the Moon website with a couple of additions to fill it out to a full session. I was impressed by how sore I am today. Anyone else have the board or tried their workout regime?

On another note I have the board mounted in my apt and was wondering about chalk alternatives for use indoors Eco ball opinions or otherwise.

Partner camhead

Jan 13, 2013, 7:33 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2629 views)
Shortcut

Re: [yodadave] Moon hangboard training and chalk [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've not done the Moon workout, but have used the Moonboard a few times and really liked it; especially the small incut crimps.

As for the chalk issue, I tend to think it's pretty essential, although I do all my hangboarding in humid Ohio AND sweat a lot. As you begin adding weight on small holds, minor things like sweat, chalk, and brushing start to make a difference. I have used the ecoball before, and it is tolerable, but not as good as chalk. You could always consider investing in a small dehumidifier as well, if you feel like slipperyness is becoming an issue.

crackmeup

Jan 13, 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2588 views)
Shortcut

Re: [yodadave] Moon hangboard training and chalk [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I use liquid chalk. I brush the holds between each set. Having a fan pointed at the hangboard seems to help on warm / humid days.

http://www.amazon.com/...-Chalk/dp/B005OOOFTE

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook