RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

jamesnater

Jan 17, 2013, 8:27 PM
Post #1 of 2 (2288 views)
Shortcut

Forearm Tendon Odd Clicking/Plucking
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I've noticed a weird clicking/plucking feeling coming from my ring finger tendon that I can feel in the middle of my forearm when I open my hand and slowly make a fist starting with my index finger then middle finger then ring finger then *CLICK* my pinkie. It also clicks when I do the exact opposite starting from a fist and opening my hand starting with the pinkie first. When I do the reverse, my tendon will click either when the pinkie goes up, or by the time the ring finger goes up. It's a really weird feeling, it almost feels like the tendon is hanging up on something, then suddenly comes free and gets "plucked". When I put my ear to my forearm and do this, I can clearly hear it coming from the middle of my forearm. Has anyone heard of this happening before? There's no pain or aches, just feels really weird.

(This post was edited by jamesnater on Jan 22, 2013, 7:34 PM)

weilawei

Feb 19, 2013, 10:52 PM
Post #2 of 2 (2074 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jamesnater] Forearm Tendon Odd Clicking/Plucking [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I fell out of a tree once, and my Achilles on one foot does the same thing (although not as much in recent years), but with no pain, or loss of usefulness/strength as far as I can tell. Never had it looked at, just continued on with life.

EDIT: I can also do that with the tendon over my middle knuckle on one hand. Freaks some people out, but again, no real issues.

(This post was edited by weilawei on Feb 19, 2013, 10:53 PM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook