Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
short sport routes
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

mejlos

Feb 27, 2013, 6:38 PM
Post #1 of 5 (3520 views)
Shortcut

short sport routes  (North_America: United_States: Nevada: Red_Rock_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi there, I'm planning a trip to Las Vegas for a few days and while I'm there, I definitely want to go for at least a day or two to Red Rocks . I'm looking for moderate short sport routes in Red Rocks with easy short access . (Don't want to drag my girlfriend too far) Could you give me the best area at Red Rocks for this? Thanks for your help.

Milos

qtrollip

Feb 27, 2013, 7:31 PM
Post #2 of 5 (3487 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mejlos] short sport routes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mejlos wrote:
Hi there, I'm planning a trip to Las Vegas for a few days and while I'm there, I definitely want to go for at least a day or two to Red Rocks . I'm looking for moderate short sport routes in Red Rocks with easy short access . (Don't want to drag my girlfriend too far) Could you give me the best area at Red Rocks for this? Thanks for your help.

Milos

Check out the Black Corridor at the second pull-out. 10min hike in, but can get crowded. Routes 12-18m long only, but a good variety. I quite enjoyed it there 2 weeks ago. sunny or shady - you choose.

dagibbs

Mar 7, 2013, 10:35 AM
Post #3 of 5 (3279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There's a few places in the Calico Hills that fit this description. As someone already said, The Black Corridor is a good choice. Also the Panty Wall and the Magic Bus are other choices for this.

If you don't know your way around, any of the approaches are a bit tricky, since finding and recognizing the right canyon/branch can take some doing, and occasionally a false start or two. Of the three, the one I found trickiest to find was the Magic Bus.

ecade

Mar 7, 2013, 1:50 PM
Post #4 of 5 (3260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dog Wall has 10A,B, Then 11's and 12's well bolted sport lines easy approach

Cannibal Boulder

Red Riding Hood Wall - Big Bad Wolf 3 pitch 5.8-9 sport line I believe you can rap off the first pitch (never did it, did part of the approach enough to see it was packed)

Attached is a list i compiled for my first trip to red rocks a couple years back, pages correlate to roxanna brock guide book (not very good guide book) but might help.

Mountain Project would be a great place to look. they have a search function that allows you to zero in on what you're looking for (although you cant choose approach time as a search field)

Enjoy Red Rocks, respect the ethics regarding rain and climbing, you don't want to destroy a classic.
Attachments: Red Rocks climbing list.doc (32.5 KB)

mikeclimbingdude

Mar 7, 2013, 2:27 PM
Post #5 of 5 (3247 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

morning, how about sunny and steep wall, or trench town, happy climbing, mike a.
In reply to:

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook