RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

amarius

Mar 4, 2013, 8:15 PM
Post #1 of 10 (8011 views)
Shortcut

A bit of comic relief, courtesy of YouTube
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

Enjoy!

rsd212

Mar 5, 2013, 8:19 PM
Post #2 of 10 (7827 views)
Shortcut

Re: [amarius] A bit of comic relief, courtesy of YouTube [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Warming up by doing pullups on crimps? Guess I've been doing it wrong...

lena_chita

Mar 5, 2013, 8:45 PM
Post #3 of 10 (7816 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rsd212] A bit of comic relief, courtesy of YouTube [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rsd212 wrote:

I think this video was obviously tongue-in-cheek, and not intended as a training video for actual climbers. This video reminds me of the footage that a local TV station got in the gym a few years back. They were highlighting different and unusual places where you could go on a "date night", and climbing gym fit into this novelty category. They were not actually interested in producing a video about how to climb or train for climbing. Instead it was a highlight of "wow, look at this, people climb this roof, and they do pullups on these things! And there girls with muscles wearing tank tops, wow, cool!"

I agree, showing a guy who just wanked into the gym how to do 2-finger pullups is a really bad idea. But let's face it, EVERY built-up musclehead who walks into the gym for the first time does (or attempts to do) some pullups on the hangboard, the first time he walks into the gym.

I really wish our gym would have a dedicated hangboard for these guys, so they keep their greasy pizza fingers off the actual hangboards.

Co1urzz

Mar 5, 2013, 9:08 PM
Post #4 of 10 (7803 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] A bit of comic relief, courtesy of YouTube [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

greasy fingers...greasing up all the holds...
"and then that guy went and greased up all the holds just touching on them for no reason, so i had to rechalk the whole route and then brush the chalk off"

O.o

grease....

amarius

Mar 6, 2013, 2:14 PM
Post #5 of 10 (7696 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree that this is more "things to do", not "how things should be done" video.
I am somewhat surprised that no-one commented on his instructor's climbing form.

Here is another video giving an not-so-serious introduction to climbing - Will's World at Cleveland Rock Gym. Even though I do not find "stars" as visually appealing as in the "Nice Body", climbing is way better!

lena_chita

Mar 6, 2013, 3:25 PM
Post #6 of 10 (7675 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

amarius wrote:
I agree that this is more "things to do", not "how things should be done" video.
I am somewhat surprised that no-one commented on his instructor's climbing form.

Here is another video giving an not-so-serious introduction to climbing - Will's World at Cleveland Rock Gym. Even though I do not find "stars" as visually appealing as in the "Nice Body", climbing is way better!

Woo, CRG! I forgot about this video.

qtrollip

Mar 6, 2013, 6:53 PM
Post #7 of 10 (7618 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
rsd212 wrote:

I think this video was obviously tongue-in-cheek, and not intended as a training video for actual climbers. This video reminds me of the footage that a local TV station got in the gym a few years back. They were highlighting different and unusual places where you could go on a "date night", and climbing gym fit into this novelty category. They were not actually interested in producing a video about how to climb or train for climbing. Instead it was a highlight of "wow, look at this, people climb this roof, and they do pullups on these things! And there girls with muscles wearing tank tops, wow, cool!"

I agree, showing a guy who just wanked into the gym how to do 2-finger pullups is a really bad idea. But let's face it, EVERY built-up musclehead who walks into the gym for the first time does (or attempts to do) some pullups on the hangboard, the first time he walks into the gym.

I really wish our gym would have a dedicated hangboard for these guys, so they keep their greasy pizza fingers off the actual hangboards.

This is the funniest typo ever.

iknowfear

Mar 6, 2013, 7:31 PM
Post #8 of 10 (7609 views)
Shortcut

Re: [qtrollip] A bit of comic relief, courtesy of YouTube [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

qtrollip wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
rsd212 wrote:

there is a greasy fingers joke somewhere here...

JAB

Mar 12, 2013, 4:38 PM
Post #9 of 10 (7401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

amarius wrote:
Enjoy!

Nice! The so called instructor was obviously picked because she was hot. Her advice is horrible and she barely could do 3 moves on the V1+ roof route.

rsd212

Mar 12, 2013, 5:56 PM
Post #10 of 10 (7373 views)
Shortcut

Re: [qtrollip] A bit of comic relief, courtesy of YouTube [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

qtrollip wrote:
lena_chita wrote:

Typo? I thought it was the perfect word to describe the situation...when I used to climb at a health club wall, I hated when the grunters would wank on over and grease up my start holds...

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook