Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Partner macherry

May 5, 2013, 5:09 PM
Post #42751 of 45342 (5864 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Picked up the Tundra today, but now it needs an alignment because mechanic #1 doesn't have the equipment; the steering wheel is at 1:30 when driving straight. Going to get the AC checked at the same time.

Went to Camping World which is an RV cash suck. The satellite receiver we need was on sale but sold out, so we got a rain check. Also picked up a bicycle rack for the tow hitch which will save a ton of space inside the truck bed. Considering a generator, just need to see if 4k watts is enough to run the AC.

This whole thing is getting embarrassing, really.

shameful really

i've seen your type stopping at rest sites. never getting out of the goddam rv, except to put out the satellite dish and drop off garbage.

Partner macherry

May 5, 2013, 5:09 PM
Post #42752 of 45342 (5863 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

unintentional ptftw

edge

May 5, 2013, 10:12 PM
Post #42753 of 45342 (5850 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Picked up the Tundra today, but now it needs an alignment because mechanic #1 doesn't have the equipment; the steering wheel is at 1:30 when driving straight. Going to get the AC checked at the same time.

Went to Camping World which is an RV cash suck. The satellite receiver we need was on sale but sold out, so we got a rain check. Also picked up a bicycle rack for the tow hitch which will save a ton of space inside the truck bed. Considering a generator, just need to see if 4k watts is enough to run the AC.

This whole thing is getting embarrassing, really.

shameful really

i've seen your type stopping at rest sites. never getting out of the goddam rv, except to put out the satellite dish and drop off garbage.

If I have a "type," it's obviously a misprint.

Kartessa

May 6, 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #42754 of 45342 (5834 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

About to set foot in a classroom for the first time in 9 years... There may be some 9599

edge

May 6, 2013, 1:09 PM
Post #42755 of 45342 (5827 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
About to set foot in a classroom for the first time in 9 years... There may be some 9599

You crazy college kids.

edge

May 6, 2013, 1:20 PM
Post #42756 of 45342 (5825 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Did a 5 mile hike this weekend; 5 miles! OMG!!!

This was a favor to the wife, part of our leaving NH whirled tour of good-bys, hand wringing, and other necessary evils. A casual friend of ours got herself a new boy toy and wanted to show him off, problem was he wouldn't STFU the whole time; trying too hard to be liked. Arg.

I dragged everyone up a trail with several class 3 sections on exposed rock and while they all hugged the rock and sweated profusely I walked up the slabs back and forth offering moral support, beta, and helping hands (literally.) It takes a lot more effort to modify my pace and go slow than if I was just able to hike. It took the group 3X longer than it should have.

Boy toy kept spraying about how he loves cold water on the trail and he freezes his water bottles prior to the hike. "Oh, how clever. I just bring water and drink it no matter the temp," says I.

He kept stopping to suck out the meltwater from a 16 oz bottle the whole way, and by the end of the day it was still 70% frozen and he was parched, too proud to accept liquid from my Camelback. Whatevez.

(This post was edited by edge on May 6, 2013, 1:22 PM)

edge

May 6, 2013, 1:56 PM
Post #42757 of 45342 (5817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I also got a blow by blow trip report of a full-on tourist trip to Italy (wow, you went to Rome? How unique!)

He asks if I have ever been to Italy.

"I only hiked into a corner of it so I could climb Mont Blanc."

Blank stare ensues. "So did you have to go through a border crossing?"

"Yes, the Italians have their entire Tenth Mountain Division stationed every 100 meters along the border to prevent terrorists from entering through the French alps."

My wife thought that was rude.

Kartessa

May 6, 2013, 1:57 PM
Post #42758 of 45342 (5815 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

Boy toy kept spraying about how he loves cold water on the trail and he freezes his water bottles prior to the hike. "Oh, how clever. I just bring water and drink it no matter the temp," says I.

He kept stopping to suck out the meltwater from a 16 oz bottle the whole way, and by the end of the day it was still 70% frozen and he was parched, too proud to accept liquid from my Camelback. Whatevez.

On the 90-100 degree days I love the ice cold water... trick is to fill the bottle half way, free it on it's side and top up with water before hitting the trail...

n00b

Partner macherry

May 6, 2013, 2:08 PM
Post #42759 of 45342 (5809 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Did a 5 mile hike this weekend; 5 miles! OMG!!!

This was a favor to the wife, part of our leaving NH whirled tour of good-bys, hand wringing, and other necessary evils. A casual friend of ours got herself a new boy toy and wanted to show him off, problem was he wouldn't STFU the whole time; trying too hard to be liked. Arg.

I dragged everyone up a trail with several class 3 sections on exposed rock and while they all hugged the rock and sweated profusely I walked up the slabs back and forth offering moral support, beta, and helping hands (literally.) It takes a lot more effort to modify my pace and go slow than if I was just able to hike. It took the group 3X longer than it should have.

get some new friends when you get out west.

shameful

Partner macherry

May 6, 2013, 2:10 PM
Post #42760 of 45342 (5808 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
I also got a blow by blow trip report of a full-on tourist trip to Italy (wow, you went to Rome? How unique!)

"Yes, the Italians have their entire Tenth Mountain Division stationed every 100 meters along the border to prevent terrorists from entering through the French alps."

your wife is correct.

edge

May 6, 2013, 2:47 PM
Post #42761 of 45342 (5802 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:

your wife is correct.

After 27 years I am quite aware of the fact that she is always correct, even when she is wrong.

(This post was edited by edge on May 6, 2013, 2:48 PM)

Gmburns2000

May 6, 2013, 5:16 PM
Post #42762 of 45342 (5790 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

It is rude. There's no freaking need for them to be there. It's been borderless for since 1995, ten years after the Schengen Agreement was signed. People should be able to cross that border without ever having to smell bad aftershave. In fact, that alone should be in the next agreement, but whatever. The Italians will always be rude like that.

Kartessa

May 6, 2013, 5:24 PM
Post #42763 of 45342 (5787 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

You crazy college kids.

You ain't seen nothing yet

edge

May 6, 2013, 5:26 PM
Post #42764 of 45342 (5784 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

It is rude. There's no freaking need for them to be there. It's been borderless for since 1995, ten years after the Schengen Agreement was signed. People should be able to cross that border without ever having to smell bad aftershave. In fact, that alone should be in the next agreement, but whatever. The Italians will always be rude like that.

Ha!

Well, my wife is 50% DeLella (the other half is O'Bryan *fasepalm at the combination) so she has a soft spot for her peeps.

Gmburns2000

May 6, 2013, 5:34 PM
Post #42765 of 45342 (5777 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Ha!

Well, my wife is 50% DeLella (the other half is O'Bryan *fasepalm at the combination) so she has a soft spot for her peeps.

Mine is Canalli Bona - 100%.

edge

May 6, 2013, 5:41 PM
Post #42766 of 45342 (5775 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Ha!

Does that mean her parents are first cousins?

edge

May 6, 2013, 5:42 PM
Post #42767 of 45342 (5774 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Ha!

When did I pick up this rude streak?

edge

May 6, 2013, 5:44 PM
Post #42768 of 45342 (5773 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That giant sucking sound eminating from the northeast is the sound of money exiting my wallet and sticking to yet another mechanics pocket.

Kartessa

May 6, 2013, 6:31 PM
Post #42769 of 45342 (5762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my brain is exploding

Gmburns2000

May 6, 2013, 6:34 PM
Post #42770 of 45342 (5760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Ha!

When did I pick up this rude streak?

Heh, no. And just because my parents were Burns / MacLeod / Cunningham that doesn't mean my parents were sheep either.

erisspirit

May 6, 2013, 6:48 PM
Post #42771 of 45342 (5758 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

feeling lazy at werk...

heading to zion eaaarrrrllyyyy on thurs...

then time for a long run!

On a side note, I need to stop this running stuff and get out for some climbing! been going to the gym, but have been seriously slacking on the climbing weekends

Partner macherry

May 6, 2013, 7:24 PM
Post #42772 of 45342 (5749 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
That giant sucking sound eminating from the northeast is the sound of money exiting my wallet and sticking to yet another mechanics pocket.

you WILL be staying in the wal-mart parking lot!!!

Partner macherry

May 6, 2013, 7:25 PM
Post #42773 of 45342 (5748 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
feeling lazy at werk...

On a side note, I need to stop this running stuff and get out for some climbing! been going to the gym, but have been seriously slacking on the climbing weekends

what is this climbing you speak of? it's been over a year for me

edge

May 6, 2013, 7:36 PM
Post #42774 of 45342 (5743 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
feeling lazy at werk...

If I manage to swing through WA later in the summer, I will rescue you!

I have a new rope and some shiny cams! We will just need to find a GoPro!!!!!!1111!!

Partner macherry

May 6, 2013, 9:26 PM
Post #42775 of 45342 (5738 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
feeling lazy at werk...

If I manage to swing through WA later in the summer, I will rescue you!

I have a new rope and some shiny cams! We will just need to find a GoPro!!!!!!1111!!

i have duct tape and can always mangle something on top of my helmet.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook