RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Beginners

Premier Sponsor:

HOPEonROPE

May 6, 2013, 8:59 PM
Post #1 of 6 (3404 views)
Shortcut

EVERYBODY DIES NOT EVERYBODY LIVES
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

Tongue why do climbers never help people online?
if you were on a cliff top and watched me rig up my ancor in a bad way would you not help me? then why do climbers always anser YOUR GONNA DIE! when a person new to the sport asks how to set up climbing gear?

IF YOU DON'T HELP PEOPLE LIVE THERE DREAMS THEY WILL DIE TRYING

I want to set up swings like the corona arch swing (maby not as big but you get what im going for) I have climbed indoors and repelled outdoors (no formal training just winging it) have the gear and will do this soon. I have been reading into the setup and am in need of good information on shock loading and recommended gear for such an undertakeing please don't reply with your going to die because I know I am going to die I just don't have to die climbing unless you don't help

247lbs male 6'2 tall CANADA 1983-????

everybody dies not everybody livesWink

sbaclimber

May 6, 2013, 9:58 PM
Post #2 of 6 (3372 views)
Shortcut

Re: [HOPEonROPE] EVERYBODY DIES NOT EVERYBODY LIVES [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Yer gonna die!

...well, somebody had to say it. Tongue

I know nothing about rope-swings, so I will give you no advice in that department, but regarding the rest of you post/rant....

Asking uninformed questions will garner the assumption and logical response thereto, that you haven't even bothered to do your homework before asking whatever question you have.
My tip: gather as much information as you can through research, e.g. NOT ASKING UNINFORMED QUESTIONS ON THE INTERNET!, and then come back to the internet to fill any blanks you might still have to fill.
You will find that....
a) you will discover that there aren't that many blanks left to fill
and..
b) you will be able to pose informed, directed questions that will not necessarily immediately reveal the fact that you are in fact still a n00b...

(This post was edited by sbaclimber on May 6, 2013, 9:59 PM)

marc801

May 6, 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #3 of 6 (3363 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

HOPEonROPE wrote:
if you were on a cliff top and watched me rig up my ancor in a bad way would you not help me? then why do climbers always anser YOUR GONNA DIE! when a person new to the sport asks how to set up climbing gear?

I want to set up swings like the corona arch swing (maby not as big but you get what im going for) I have climbed indoors and repelled outdoors (no formal training just winging it) have the gear and will do this soon. I have been reading into the setup and am in need of good information on shock loading and recommended gear for such an undertakeing please don't reply with your going to die because I know I am going to die I just don't have to die climbing unless you don't help

Get the quote, people!

To the OP: you might also try looking up the words satire and parody. If you tried some basic Googling before going off on your ill-informed rant, you would have found this thread (5th hit):
http://www.supertopo.com/...5188/YOURE-GONNA-DIE

Oh, also.........

YER GONNA DIE!

surfstar

May 6, 2013, 11:07 PM
Post #4 of 6 (3343 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

Go for it!
Grab the red bull by the horns.
Be sure to wear your GoPro to be a hero.

You too can be a statistic. Smile

edge

May 6, 2013, 11:42 PM
Post #5 of 6 (3332 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

HOPEonROPE wrote:

Ah, the preemptive self deprecating approach. Freud would have a field day.

I bet your rants have repelled in all aspects of life. Read a book and you may learn how to rappel, as a start.

Partner macherry

May 7, 2013, 12:34 AM
Post #6 of 6 (3309 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

HOPEonROPE wrote:

and not one fuck was given that day

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook