RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

Haroldw

May 7, 2013, 9:21 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1199 views)
Shortcut

Crag recommendations/partners for climbing in VA on 7th to 10th June
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi, I am visiting from the UK and working in Richmond VA until 6th June (possible extension to 7th) but don't fly home until pm on Monday 10th June. I would like to sample VA climbing over the weekend from 7th to 10th June. My leading grade is probably somewhere in the 5.10 range depending on local severity. I will have a car.

Any partner offers or crag recommendations would be welcome. Crags should either be OK to find a partner at, or bouldering with good landings (no mat), or not much more than vertical with good easy access belays at the top (self toproping).

I have been to Seneca previously and would like to try somewhere else but would be OK with a return visit there as I enjoyed it last time.

notapplicable

May 16, 2013, 3:13 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1137 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Haroldw] Crag recommendations/partners for climbing in VA on 7th to 10th June [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Haroldw wrote:
Hi, I am visiting from the UK and working in Richmond VA until 6th June (possible extension to 7th) but don't fly home until pm on Monday 10th June. I would like to sample VA climbing over the weekend from 7th to 10th June. My leading grade is probably somewhere in the 5.10 range depending on local severity. I will have a car.

Any partner offers or crag recommendations would be welcome. Crags should either be OK to find a partner at, or bouldering with good landings (no mat), or not much more than vertical with good easy access belays at the top (self toproping).

I have been to Seneca previously and would like to try somewhere else but would be OK with a return visit there as I enjoyed it last time.

New River Gorge (WV) - 4 hour drive - World class Sport and Trad

Franklin (WV) - 3.25 hour drive - Decent selection of moderate sport routes. One day here and one day at seneca, which is a half hour away, is a nice combination.

Old Rag Mtn (VA) - Granite crack, face and slab climbing - 2 hour drive with a 1.5 hour hike. Climbing is super fun but the hike can be killer if you're not in shape.

Manchester Bridge (In Richmond city limits) - Decent selection of moderate sport routes.

Plenty of good climbing in North Carolina but the drive will be more like 6 hours.

All of those places are listed on this site and Mountain Project. Hit me up if you have any questions. I'll be glad to rope in with you but you may just have to jump in with the existing group and destination. The weekend before four of us are going to the New River Gorge but no plans are set for that weekend just yet. We can always meet at Manchester Bridge to feel things out and see if we want to commit to a full weekend of climbing. There are folks on here who can vouch for the fact that I'm safe and not insane. Just let me know.

No matter what you do, hit me up for an evening at Manchester. It's not a destination or anything but it's a cool urban climbing spot.

Bryan

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook