Forums: Community: Campground:
You are not wanted here.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

granite_grrl

Jun 5, 2013, 7:26 PM
Post #99726 of 105309 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PC++

granite_grrl

Jun 5, 2013, 7:27 PM
Post #99727 of 105309 (4006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

PC++?

carez

drivel

Jun 5, 2013, 8:03 PM
Post #99728 of 105309 (3997 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
PC++?

carez

so much caringz.

snoopy138

Jun 5, 2013, 8:14 PM
Post #99729 of 105309 (3993 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
I knida remember hearing that people get set into TV shows because it's like they're spending time with their friends. Which is whay people get so defensive (I actually brought up House because I didn't care for the show and I was hoping Dribble would get butthurt.....but I think that was a butthurt fail).

After my accident I got really into TV. When I realised I was falling into that trap I needed to get out of it. I may have started to PC++ more at that point.

everybody was PC++ing more at that point.

snoopy138

Jun 5, 2013, 8:15 PM
Post #99730 of 105309 (3991 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
PC++

lots of carezings.

dr_feelgood

Jun 6, 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #99731 of 105309 (3966 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I knida remember hearing that people get set into TV shows because it's like they're spending time with their friends. Which is whay people get so defensive (I actually brought up House because I didn't care for the show and I was hoping Dribble would get butthurt.....but I think that was a butthurt fail).

After my accident I got really into TV. When I realised I was falling into that trap I needed to get out of it. I may have started to PC++ more at that point.

everybody was PC++ing more at that point.

Ah, the halcyon days.

Partner camhead

Jun 6, 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #99732 of 105309 (3963 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So I've been all about going to the library, borrowing movies and ripping them to my computer. This weeks selection has been SpaceBalls and Batman Begins. I also have the same movie tastes as a 15 year old boy.

Hey, those are solid movies.

I've also been trying to catch up on the Big Bang Theory. I like the library.

Prob gonna get gu'd by dremmel,but fuck that show.

Also, posting on my Iyup from a portajohn.

also, why aren't you playing your mandolin?

dude, when was the last time you used a portajohn? *I* couldn't fit a mandolin in a portajohn with me, a fatty like camhead has no chance.

I'm sure that at some poynte this summer, I will mandolin the portajohn.

Partner camhead

Jun 6, 2013, 12:33 AM
Post #99733 of 105309 (3961 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Went river boarding today. It is more fun than hangboarding. The swim fins did a number on the lispaul, but was still fun to swim rapids. Then evening climbing at junkyard. Got back into tard, checked out this cool one two argh line that is next to new yosemite that is pretty sweet, but will wait until fall to lead it. Tomorrow I'm going to round up all the dirtbags in camp and advise them to do what their parents did, get a job, sir. Well, mostly just tell them that they're going to have to start paying fees. Speed bumps, choppers, and dinosaur playgrounds will be installed shortly.

snoopy138

Jun 6, 2013, 2:55 AM
Post #99734 of 105309 (3949 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
Went river boarding today. It is more fun than hangboarding. The swim fins did a number on the lispaul, but was still fun to swim rapids. Then evening climbing at junkyard. Got back into tard, checked out this cool one two argh line that is next to new yosemite that is pretty sweet, but will wait until fall to lead it. Tomorrow I'm going to round up all the dirtbags in camp and advise them to do what their parents did, get a job, sir. Well, mostly just tell them that they're going to have to start paying fees. Speed bumps, choppers, and dinosaur playgrounds will be installed shortly.

I might come out there if there's a dinosaur playground.

granite_grrl

Jun 6, 2013, 12:13 PM
Post #99735 of 105309 (3937 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

What are the fees going to be at the ACC campground?

granite_grrl

Jun 6, 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #99736 of 105309 (3937 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I mean AAC. The ACC really shouldn't be hanging out down there (though there is an ACC hut in the Daks I believe).

Partner camhead

Jun 6, 2013, 1:23 PM
Post #99737 of 105309 (3930 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
I mean AAC. The ACC really shouldn't be hanging out down there (though there is an ACC hut in the Daks I believe).

Right now it is looking like 7/night per person, 6 if yore an access fund member, 5 if yore an AAC member. No word on monthly rates yet, or if you'll get further discount by being both AF and AAC. I am, however, strongly pushing for a Miguel's style sleeping bag-confiscation program for poachers. That would be awesome.

granite_grrl

Jun 6, 2013, 2:12 PM
Post #99738 of 105309 (3925 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My belly is really upset right now. Had pineapple and cocnut in my smoothie today. Not sure but belly is upset at the pineapple I think.

Not avacado upset thankfully, but bad enough that I'm not out running around on the production floor.

snoopy138

Jun 6, 2013, 3:42 PM
Post #99739 of 105309 (3915 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
I mean AAC. The ACC really shouldn't be hanging out down there.

yeah, west virginia is part of the Big 12 now.

snoopy138

Jun 6, 2013, 3:43 PM
Post #99740 of 105309 (3913 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Right now it is looking like 7/night per person, 6 if yore an access fund member, 5 if yore an AAC member. No word on monthly rates yet, or if you'll get further discount by being both AF and AAC. I am, however, strongly pushing for a Miguel's style sleeping bag-confiscation program for poachers. That would be awesome.

ewe wuntz to be a tyrant, don't you?

Partner camhead

Jun 6, 2013, 3:58 PM
Post #99741 of 105309 (3909 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

A petty king of my little domain. Ewe know, kind of like being king of an internet thread.

dr_feelgood

Jun 6, 2013, 4:21 PM
Post #99742 of 105309 (3902 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
My belly is really upset right now. Had pineapple and cocnut in my smoothie today. Not sure but belly is upset at the pineapple I think.

Not avacado upset thankfully, but bad enough that I'm not out running around on the production floor.

Pablo can commiserate. He puked up grass twice on the morning walk.

snoopy138

Jun 6, 2013, 4:22 PM
Post #99743 of 105309 (3900 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

A petty king of my little domain. Ewe know, kind of like being king of an internet thread.

whoo! that's me!

granite_grrl

Jun 6, 2013, 4:54 PM
Post #99744 of 105309 (3888 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I'm over it. I farted a couple of times, but that was about it.

dr_feelgood

Jun 6, 2013, 4:58 PM
Post #99745 of 105309 (3887 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

A good fart settles everything.

Partner cracklover

Jun 6, 2013, 5:31 PM
Post #99746 of 105309 (3882 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The Fly Report:

Front Range afternoon climbing seshunz have begun. Got out Tues, after work and went to Clear Creak. Got thunderstormed on. Twice actually. But was at a crag (Doghouse for the cognoscenti) where you can stay completely dry, so that was good.

Anyway after the first thunderstorm was wrapping up, decided to get on my project there. The water was running over the top and down the last bolt or two of the route, but the beginning was all dry. And since the beginning is the crux, and I still don't know how to do it, and the draws are all fixed, figured I'd get on it. Well I accidentally the whole thing.

Hung a few times working out the moves at the beginning and then lowered down to the starting ledge. Went up, fired the crux, and figured what the hell, keep going. Wet jugs at the top were still big enough to hold onto, and made it to the top clean.

Only trouble is that the belayer doesn't actually stand on the starting ledge - the climb officially starts 8 feet below, at the base of a class 3 or 4 slab. So I'm counting the redpoint, but with a big asterix. Will have to go back at some point to erase the asterix. Serious cat iz serious about being morally pure. Or something.

GO

Partner cracklover

Jun 6, 2013, 5:37 PM
Post #99747 of 105309 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

A good fart settles everything.

Except when the police have to be called in.

The Denver Post has a police blotter column. In today's paper was the following report of a domestic disturbance, which I thought I'd share:

In reply to:
Police were dispatched at 2:46 a.m. May 27 to a house on the 15400 block of East 13th Place on a domestic dispute call. According to a report, two women, ages 32 and 29, were fighting due to a previous argument. Apparently, they were sleeping when one of the women farted, so the other sprayed perfume on her body, which led to a brief physical altercation. Both sustained minor injuries during the fight. Neither was charged with a crime.

GO

lena_chita

Jun 6, 2013, 6:11 PM
Post #99748 of 105309 (3874 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

I didn't know Miguel confiscated poacher's sleeping bags!

Anyway, how are you going to check the AF/AAC membership? Is it an honor's system? Do people have to show their membership cards? Or do you actually have access to a database of members? (just want to make sure I have my AF discount, for when Chris starts banning people from his backyard)

drivel

Jun 6, 2013, 6:20 PM
Post #99749 of 105309 (3872 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Anyway, how are you going to check the AF/AAC membership? Is it an honor's system? Do people have to show their membership cards? Or do you actually have access to a database of members? (just want to make sure I have my AF discount, for when Chris starts banning people from his backyard)

sleeping bag removal has been miguel's policy for a while now. If the tent/bag/pad isn't tagged, sleeping bags will be removed during the day and you have to go pay to get them back.

not really doable with cars but MOST people aren't dicks.

lena_chita

Jun 6, 2013, 6:30 PM
Post #99750 of 105309 (3869 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drivel] You are not wanted here. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drivel wrote:
lena_chita wrote:
camhead wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

sleeping bag removal has been miguel's policy for a while now. If the tent/bag/pad isn't tagged, sleeping bags will be removed during the day and you have to go pay to get them back.

not really doable with cars but MOST people aren't dicks.

I guess I did know that they checked the tags on tents, but since I have never personally known anyone whose tent was removed, or sleeping bag confiscated, it just didn't enter my conscious-awareness brain zone.

And yeah, I can't think that the fraction of people willfully and deliberately not-paying is that high at Miguel's.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 ... 4213 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook