Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All


Gmburns2000


Jun 12, 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #43351 of 45337 (3694 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ptftmfw


Gmburns2000


Jun 12, 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #43352 of 45337 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

and protect with my


Gmburns2000


Jun 12, 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #43353 of 45337 (3692 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

14,500th post


Kartessa


Jun 12, 2013, 12:34 PM
Post #43354 of 45337 (3689 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7362

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
14,500th post

You roughly have half the life that I have :p


Gmburns2000


Jun 12, 2013, 12:54 PM
Post #43355 of 45337 (3686 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
14,500th post

You roughly have half the life that I have :p

each generation must define itself in whichever ways it can.


Partner epoch
Moderator

Jun 12, 2013, 4:41 PM
Post #43356 of 45337 (3676 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32163

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
14,500th post

You roughly have half the life that I have :p

each generation must define itself in whichever ways it can.
* waves *


Kartessa


Jun 12, 2013, 4:47 PM
Post #43357 of 45337 (3674 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7362

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
14,500th post

You roughly have half the life that I have :p

each generation must define itself in whichever ways it can.
* waves *

I rest my case


Kartessa


Jun 12, 2013, 6:36 PM
Post #43358 of 45337 (3667 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7362

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Trying to sell some gear online... Nothing quite like 3 people think who think I'm offering a great deal, then one sends me an accusation of gouging.


Partner epoch
Moderator

Jun 12, 2013, 8:42 PM
Post #43359 of 45337 (3656 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32163

Re: [Kartessa] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
14,500th post

You roughly have half the life that I have :p

each generation must define itself in whichever ways it can.
* waves *

I rest my case

I beg to differ!

I can maintain my absurd post count, work a full time-and-a-half job, climb hard, and still find time to do other... non-climbing things too.

...talkin' 'bout my generation? I sit on the edge of Gen X and Y. I bring many things to society. Mostly, though, I don't bring much to this site other than a penchant to wave mah fists around meaninglessly.


edge


Jun 12, 2013, 9:16 PM
Post #43360 of 45337 (3649 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Santa Fe base camp established!

the Georgia O'Keefe museum is well worth the visit - and you may be surprised by her urban, non-floral art from back when she was first starting out. I bought two prints of that period and love them.


With a few notable exceptions, I'm really not a big fan of paintings.


notapplicable


Jun 12, 2013, 9:38 PM
Post #43361 of 45337 (3645 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17771

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I feel there is roughly a 30% chance I will throw up from having eaten too much cheesecake.


notapplicable


Jun 12, 2013, 9:40 PM
Post #43362 of 45337 (3642 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 31, 2006
Posts: 17771

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
14,500th post

You roughly have half the life that I have :p

each generation must define itself in whichever ways it can.

Don't know what it is that defines my generation but I'm good as long as it doesn't involve being emo as fuck, like my younger brothers.


Gmburns2000


Jun 13, 2013, 5:38 AM
Post #43363 of 45337 (3633 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Santa Fe base camp established!

the Georgia O'Keefe museum is well worth the visit - and you may be surprised by her urban, non-floral art from back when she was first starting out. I bought two prints of that period and love them.


With a few notable exceptions, I'm really not a big fan of paintings.

ah, well then. carry on. I'm sure you'll find TONS of other artists doing things like drums and rattles and stuff, too.


Gmburns2000


Jun 13, 2013, 5:45 AM
Post #43364 of 45337 (3631 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
14,500th post

You roughly have half the life that I have :p

each generation must define itself in whichever ways it can.

Don't know what it is that defines my generation but I'm good as long as it doesn't involve being emo as fuck, like my younger brothers.

word


edge


Jun 13, 2013, 5:54 AM
Post #43365 of 45337 (3629 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Santa Fe base camp established!

the Georgia O'Keefe museum is well worth the visit - and you may be surprised by her urban, non-floral art from back when she was first starting out. I bought two prints of that period and love them.


With a few notable exceptions, I'm really not a big fan of paintings.

ah, well then. carry on. I'm sure you'll find TONS of other artists doing things like drums and rattles and stuff, too.

I do appreciate a good turkey made from a hand tracing. Did O'Keefe do at of those?


Gmburns2000


Jun 13, 2013, 6:34 AM
Post #43366 of 45337 (3626 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Santa Fe base camp established!

the Georgia O'Keefe museum is well worth the visit - and you may be surprised by her urban, non-floral art from back when she was first starting out. I bought two prints of that period and love them.


With a few notable exceptions, I'm really not a big fan of paintings.

ah, well then. carry on. I'm sure you'll find TONS of other artists doing things like drums and rattles and stuff, too.

I do appreciate a good turkey made from a hand tracing. Did O'Keefe do at of those?

I'm not sure what the current exhibit holds, but she wasn't just a floral painter. the southwest had a pretty strong influence on her. I'm not a fan of southwest-style art; it's not not in my visual palette, so to speak, but she has a lot of strange, almost abstract-like paintings of obviously southwest-style objects. (I was more drawn by her east-coast influences, and surprised, too)

Can't remember how many sculptures she did, but a lot of her abstract stuff in general is highly sexually inspired.

Maybe the wife will like it.


Partner macherry


Jun 13, 2013, 6:57 AM
Post #43367 of 45337 (3624 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Santa Fe base camp established!

the Georgia O'Keefe museum is well worth the visit - and you may be surprised by her urban, non-floral art from back when she was first starting out. I bought two prints of that period and love them.


With a few notable exceptions, I'm really not a big fan of paintings.

ah, well then. carry on. I'm sure you'll find TONS of other artists doing things like drums and rattles and stuff, too.

ouch


Partner macherry


Jun 13, 2013, 7:01 AM
Post #43368 of 45337 (3623 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Santa Fe base camp established!

the Georgia O'Keefe museum is well worth the visit - and you may be surprised by her urban, non-floral art from back when she was first starting out. I bought two prints of that period and love them.


With a few notable exceptions, I'm really not a big fan of paintings.

ah, well then. carry on. I'm sure you'll find TONS of other artists doing things like drums and rattles and stuff, too.

I do appreciate a good turkey made from a hand tracing. Did O'Keefe do at of those?


good comeback

some of o"keefe's stuff i like. but, i guess i'm like edge, not many paintings speak to me. i studied art while in uni, i much preferred printmaking, multi-media work.

i did a series of prints based on tacky wallpaper. good stuff.


Gmburns2000


Jun 13, 2013, 7:11 AM
Post #43369 of 45337 (3622 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Santa Fe base camp established!

the Georgia O'Keefe museum is well worth the visit - and you may be surprised by her urban, non-floral art from back when she was first starting out. I bought two prints of that period and love them.


With a few notable exceptions, I'm really not a big fan of paintings.

ah, well then. carry on. I'm sure you'll find TONS of other artists doing things like drums and rattles and stuff, too.

I do appreciate a good turkey made from a hand tracing. Did O'Keefe do at of those?


good comeback

some of o"keefe's stuff i like. but, i guess i'm like edge, not many paintings speak to me. i studied art while in uni, i much preferred printmaking, multi-media work.

i did a series of prints based on tacky wallpaper. good stuff.

I just don't get the modern materials used in art. the whole Dada movement to me was fucking stupid. OK, I get the point, they hated war so much that they were mocking society by creating art that was absolutely nothing...but now kids take clippings from magazines and put together a collage and call that art. It's just not my taste, I guess.

I much prefer paint and I really want to get into sculpture someday. Speaking of turkey tracing, at the moment, I'm experimenting with oil pastels on glass.


btw - the rattles and drums thing wasn't meant as a slap in the face. quite literally Santa Fe is a very large artist community and nearly everyone there focuses on that sort of stuff. I honestly thought Loran would be in heaven.


edge


Jun 13, 2013, 8:36 AM
Post #43370 of 45337 (3614 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Santa Fe base camp established!

the Georgia O'Keefe museum is well worth the visit - and you may be surprised by her urban, non-floral art from back when she was first starting out. I bought two prints of that period and love them.


With a few notable exceptions, I'm really not a big fan of paintings.

ah, well then. carry on. I'm sure you'll find TONS of other artists doing things like drums and rattles and stuff, too.

I do appreciate a good turkey made from a hand tracing. Did O'Keefe do at of those?


good comeback

some of o"keefe's stuff i like. but, i guess i'm like edge, not many paintings speak to me. i studied art while in uni, i much preferred printmaking, multi-media work.

i did a series of prints based on tacky wallpaper. good stuff.

I just don't get the modern materials used in art. the whole Dada movement to me was fucking stupid. OK, I get the point, they hated war so much that they were mocking society by creating art that was absolutely nothing...but now kids take clippings from magazines and put together a collage and call that art. It's just not my taste, I guess.

I much prefer paint and I really want to get into sculpture someday. Speaking of turkey tracing, at the moment, I'm experimenting with oil pastels on glass.


btw - the rattles and drums thing wasn't meant as a slap in the face. quite literally Santa Fe is a very large artist community and nearly everyone there focuses on that sort of stuff. I honestly thought Loran would be in heaven.

I appreciate many forms of art, but am not limited to one type or another. If I see something I like, I don't care if it is a painting, sculpture, or installation. I particularly like utilitarian pieces like furniture, drums & rattles, etc where form follows function; making something as basic as a chair look new and fresh is exciting, but if its not comfortable it's a fail.

I have always loved the SW style, but have no experience building furniture in it, although I know enough about it now that I could. There was just no market for it in NH. Here in the SW I am soaking in all the influences to see how beadwork, found materials, jewelry techniques, etc can be incorporated into my work. Of particular interest to me is the spirituality that connects the process with the product, which gives each piece a life of its own. If you read any of my Etsy descriptions you can see this.

I go out alone each night and do ceremony under the stars which helps me with this connection. Loving it!

PS, the wife just brought up O'Keefe country, so I found nearby trails to get lost on while she visits the home/museum. Meaghan drove down last night from Denver so she can keep her mom company and we have her car to get around should we need it. I am now at the Toyota dealership while they investigate the constant overheating problem; not sure how long they need to keep it. Fingers crossed.


donald949


Jun 13, 2013, 9:02 AM
Post #43371 of 45337 (3610 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Santa Fe base camp established!

the Georgia O'Keefe museum is well worth the visit - and you may be surprised by her urban, non-floral art from back when she was first starting out. I bought two prints of that period and love them.


With a few notable exceptions, I'm really not a big fan of paintings.

ah, well then. carry on. I'm sure you'll find TONS of other artists doing things like drums and rattles and stuff, too.

I do appreciate a good turkey made from a hand tracing. Did O'Keefe do at of those?
You describe my fridge...


donald949


Jun 13, 2013, 9:03 AM
Post #43372 of 45337 (3608 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Santa Fe base camp established!

the Georgia O'Keefe museum is well worth the visit - and you may be surprised by her urban, non-floral art from back when she was first starting out. I bought two prints of that period and love them.


With a few notable exceptions, I'm really not a big fan of paintings.

ah, well then. carry on. I'm sure you'll find TONS of other artists doing things like drums and rattles and stuff, too.

I do appreciate a good turkey made from a hand tracing. Did O'Keefe do at of those?
You describe my fridge...
At least around nov-dec.


donald949


Jun 13, 2013, 9:05 AM
Post #43373 of 45337 (3606 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
I feel there is roughly a 30% chance I will throw up from having eaten too much cheesecake.
Win!


donald949


Jun 13, 2013, 9:08 AM
Post #43374 of 45337 (3604 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
14,500th post

You roughly have half the life that I have :p

each generation must define itself in whichever ways it can.

Don't know what it is that defines my generation but I'm good as long as it doesn't involve being emo as fuck, like my younger brothers.
Speaking of emo.
What is emo, besides emo?
And as a side question, is there still emos out there? They seamed to have died back around here.


donald949


Jun 13, 2013, 9:12 AM
Post #43375 of 45337 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Santa Fe base camp established!

the Georgia O'Keefe museum is well worth the visit - and you may be surprised by her urban, non-floral art from back when she was first starting out. I bought two prints of that period and love them.


With a few notable exceptions, I'm really not a big fan of paintings.

ah, well then. carry on. I'm sure you'll find TONS of other artists doing things like drums and rattles and stuff, too.

I do appreciate a good turkey made from a hand tracing. Did O'Keefe do at of those?


good comeback

some of o"keefe's stuff i like. but, i guess i'm like edge, not many paintings speak to me. i studied art while in uni, i much preferred printmaking, multi-media work.

i did a series of prints based on tacky wallpaper. good stuff.

I just don't get the modern materials used in art. the whole Dada movement to me was fucking stupid. OK, I get the point, they hated war so much that they were mocking society by creating art that was absolutely nothing...but now kids take clippings from magazines and put together a collage and call that art. It's just not my taste, I guess.

I much prefer paint and I really want to get into sculpture someday. Speaking of turkey tracing, at the moment, I'm experimenting with oil pastels on glass.


btw - the rattles and drums thing wasn't meant as a slap in the face. quite literally Santa Fe is a very large artist community and nearly everyone there focuses on that sort of stuff. I honestly thought Loran would be in heaven.

I appreciate many forms of art, but am not limited to one type or another. If I see something I like, I don't care if it is a painting, sculpture, or installation. I particularly like utilitarian pieces like furniture, drums & rattles, etc where form follows function; making something as basic as a chair look new and fresh is exciting, but if its not comfortable it's a fail.

I have always loved the SW style, but have no experience building furniture in it, although I know enough about it now that I could. There was just no market for it in NH. Here in the SW I am soaking in all the influences to see how beadwork, found materials, jewelry techniques, etc can be incorporated into my work. Of particular interest to me is the spirituality that connects the process with the product, which gives each piece a life of its own. If you read any of my Etsy descriptions you can see this.

I go out alone each night and do ceremony under the stars which helps me with this connection. Loving it!

PS, the wife just brought up O'Keefe country, so I found nearby trails to get lost on while she visits the home/museum. Meaghan drove down last night from Denver so she can keep her mom company and we have her car to get around should we need it. I am now at the Toyota dealership while they investigate the constant overheating problem; not sure how long they need to keep it. Fingers crossed.
Now that you have some miles under the tundra. How do you like it as a TV. Your trailer is a touch longer, and probably a touch heaveir, than mine. Get pushed around much by winds, truckers, and down hills? I'm not currently thinking of a new ride, but the sub does have 130k.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook