Forums: Climbing Partners: Canada:
Brit coming to Ontario, looking for friendly bouldering/climbing buddies?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

BeckerX

Jun 11, 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #1 of 10 (2884 views)
Shortcut

Brit coming to Ontario, looking for friendly bouldering/climbing buddies?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi, well i have never posted here before so i may get something wrong :-/
So im going to be visiting my brother in Toronto in august/september time and would really love to get outdoors and try some bouldering whilst im in Canada, i have only been bouldering for 2 years so im not amazing or anything but im passionate and i like a challenge. Im open to travelling all around Ontario so even if you dont live in Toronto i would be more than happy to make a journey if it meant i got to climb/see cool stuff :-)
Anyone who thinks they may be happy to spend a couple of days climbing and hanging out, feel free to get in touch!

John5

Jun 12, 2013, 3:39 PM
Post #2 of 10 (2853 views)
Shortcut

Re: [BeckerX] Brit coming to Ontario, looking for friendly bouldering/climbing buddies? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

try ontarioclimbing.com

It may yield more results.

BeckerX

Jun 12, 2013, 4:52 PM
Post #3 of 10 (2844 views)
Shortcut

Re: [John5] Brit coming to Ontario, looking for friendly bouldering/climbing buddies? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah lovely! Thankyou so much :-)

granite_grrl

Jun 12, 2013, 5:00 PM
Post #4 of 10 (2840 views)
Shortcut

Re: [BeckerX] Brit coming to Ontario, looking for friendly bouldering/climbing buddies? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, http://www.ontarioclimbing.com will probably be more useful.

As for bouldering in S.Ontario there aren't a ton of options. The two big areas are Niagara Glen (by Niagara Falls) and Halfway Log Dump (closer to Tobermory).

BeckerX

Jun 12, 2013, 5:16 PM
Post #5 of 10 (2835 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Brit coming to Ontario, looking for friendly bouldering/climbing buddies? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah right, well im open to travelling north also. To be honest i would love to try some top roping but as i have never done it outdoors before i wouldnt want to waste anybodies time by being too slow and inexperienced :-/

geezergecko

Jun 14, 2013, 12:08 AM
Post #6 of 10 (2809 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

BeckerX wrote:
Ah right, well im open to travelling north also. To be honest i would love to try some top roping but as i have never done it outdoors before i wouldnt want to waste anybodies time by being too slow and inexperienced :-/

Top roping? Have we got the place for you! It's called Rattlesnake Point in Milton, a 45 minute drive west of Toronto. More slow and inexperienced top ropers than climbers at Stanage in the UK during a bank holiday.

darkside

Jun 14, 2013, 2:59 AM
Post #7 of 10 (2794 views)
Shortcut

Re: [geezergecko] Brit coming to Ontario, looking for friendly bouldering/climbing buddies? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:

As for bouldering in S.Ontario there aren't a ton of options. The two big areas are Niagara Glen (by Niagara Falls) and Halfway Log Dump (closer to Tobermory).
Becs, I'm no boulderer, but even I know of more bouldering in S.O. than just those two areas Sly

geezergecko wrote:
Top roping? Have we got the place for you! It's called Rattlesnake Point in Milton, a 45 minute drive west of Toronto. More slow and inexperienced top ropers than climbers at Stanage in the UK during a bank holiday.
Ralph, still trawling these waters eh. Hope life at the Snake is still being kind to you my friend.

granite_grrl

Jun 14, 2013, 3:12 AM
Post #8 of 10 (2793 views)
Shortcut

Re: [darkside] Brit coming to Ontario, looking for friendly bouldering/climbing buddies? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

darkside wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Becs, I'm no boulderer, but even I know of more bouldering in S.O. than just those two areas Sly

True, but I was more insinuating that those two areas are the most popular and the easiest to dig up information on.

And I thought this forum was dead to you.

darkside

Jun 14, 2013, 6:25 AM
Post #9 of 10 (2792 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Brit coming to Ontario, looking for friendly bouldering/climbing buddies? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ice climbing's done, Top Gear's playing on youtube, I'm bored, so I thought I'd cruise the old forums. Not so much that they're dead as much as I do more climbing than rockclimbing.com-ing. I know that must be a strange concept to some of the folks on here, the newbs and neophytes - imagine that, no time to post cause someones busy climbing Tongue

geezergecko

Jun 15, 2013, 1:02 AM
Post #10 of 10 (2764 views)
Shortcut

Re: [darkside] Brit coming to Ontario, looking for friendly bouldering/climbing buddies? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

darkside wrote:
Ice climbing's done, Top Gear's playing on youtube, I'm bored, so I thought I'd cruise the old forums. Not so much that they're dead as much as I do more climbing than rockclimbing.com-ing. I know that must be a strange concept to some of the folks on here, the newbs and neophytes - imagine that, no time to post cause someones busy climbing Tongue

Yeah, but you moved to a lumpier part of the country!

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook