Premier Sponsor:

AllForPicard

Jun 14, 2013, 12:14 PM
Post #1 of 6 (2557 views)
Shortcut

Addiction Problem/Is it Love?
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello RC.com, I have a problem, I started climbing a mere two and a half month ago, both indoors and outdoors and I just finished my sport lead climbing course, so far so good. My problem is not directly on the wall but present at times when I知 not in the direct vicinity of the wall/crag. I致e always had a tendency to get obsessed with things but this starts to be ridiculous, I feel fantastic (My anxiety attacks have subsided and I drink a lot less) but lately both my social life and work is suffering. I climb as often as I can (~5/week), the friends I meet is usually those I can convince to join me to the crag or who I pass the weekly resting day with. Sleep? Not enough, getting home late at night after climbing, getting up early to be able to leave the office early to go climbing again. When I知 at work I can not focus on my work since my mind just wanders off to think about climbing and anything else related to climbing. If I have an eve off and no rigours plans made, I accidentally drop by the climbing centre alone on the way home (just for an hour or so to not start climbing the walls). On Sunday I知 leaving for a conference in Shanghai for six days and feel very uneased, no climbing for six days?! (Of course I researched the walls in the area of the hotel in case of an emergency) It feels a bit like when you are newly in love, but it last for so much longer, so my questions for you is(since I bluntly assume that this is a very common problem): For how long did this feeling stay for you? Will it subside at all? Or should I just accept that its how its going to be and try to save all the money I earn (for toys and food) before I get sacked?

Kartessa

Jun 14, 2013, 6:44 PM
Post #2 of 6 (2533 views)
Shortcut

Re: [AllForPicard] Addiction Problem/Is it Love? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

AllForPicard wrote:
Hello RC.com, I have a problem, I started climbing a mere two and a half month ago, both indoors and outdoors and I just finished my sport lead climbing course, so far so good. My problem is not directly on the wall but present at times when I知 not in the direct vicinity of the wall/crag. I致e always had a tendency to get obsessed with things but this starts to be ridiculous, I feel fantastic (My anxiety attacks have subsided and I drink a lot less) but lately both my social life and work is suffering. I climb as often as I can (~5/week), the friends I meet is usually those I can convince to join me to the crag or who I pass the weekly resting day with. Sleep? Not enough, getting home late at night after climbing, getting up early to be able to leave the office early to go climbing again. When I知 at work I can not focus on my work since my mind just wanders off to think about climbing and anything else related to climbing. If I have an eve off and no rigours plans made, I accidentally drop by the climbing centre alone on the way home (just for an hour or so to not start climbing the walls). On Sunday I知 leaving for a conference in Shanghai for six days and feel very uneased, no climbing for six days?! (Of course I researched the walls in the area of the hotel in case of an emergency) It feels a bit like when you are newly in love, but it last for so much longer, so my questions for you is(since I bluntly assume that this is a very common problem): For how long did this feeling stay for you? Will it subside at all? Or should I just accept that its how its going to be and try to save all the money I earn (for toys and food) before I get sacked?

If climbing is becoming a problem, you could always just try cocaine... That should leave you without gym or gear money.

AllForPicard

Jun 14, 2013, 7:44 PM
Post #3 of 6 (2528 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Addiction Problem/Is it Love? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It might har been a solution but I doupth my current salary can even afford so develop a cocain addiction...

Toast_in_the_Machine

Jun 16, 2013, 11:32 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2501 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

AllForPicard wrote:
It might har been a solution but I doupth my current salary can even afford so develop a cocain addiction...

The point of a good cocaine addiction is that no matter how much money you make, it can still cost too much.

And if you do it right, so can a climbing addiction.

qwert

Jun 18, 2013, 4:31 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2452 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Toast_in_the_Machine] Addiction Problem/Is it Love? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Toast_in_the_Machine wrote:
AllForPicard wrote:

The point of a good cocaine addiction is that no matter how much money you make, it can still cost too much.

And if you do it right, so can a climbing addiction.
I dont really understand whats going on here, but that quote there, that is perfect signature material!

qwert

coastal_climber

Jul 7, 2013, 2:12 PM
Post #6 of 6 (2376 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

AllForPicard wrote:

How was it Wink

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook