Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

donald949

Jul 31, 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #43851 of 45342 (4409 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ptfwiw

donald949

Jul 31, 2013, 10:06 PM
Post #43852 of 45342 (4407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pro

Gmburns2000

Aug 1, 2013, 1:10 PM
Post #43853 of 45342 (4396 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
If you consider being cold/hot/covered in bugs/suffocated by humidity as an ok way to live, I could sneak you into Canada.
You make sound so good...
Yesterday we said goodbye to some coworkers. Was a hard day. But hopefull for for some news soon.

that always sucks
They were the volunteers. 200+
But they had a nice little social cookies cupcake ice cream thing. Saw a couple peopl on the other side of the plant I don't get to see too often, wish them well etc. technically they check out th, but the get together was tue.
the rest of us will know our fate mid to late aug.
Actually, I will only be surprised if I'm told I'll stay. Really surprised.

1) it sucks to say goodbye to people like that, but at least the company is being honest about the situation (or sounds that way). Yeah, I can see that being a hard day.

2) so I assume itīs better if you do stay then, even for just a few extra months. I know, youīd then likely leave during fall or winter, but still, itīs a few extra months, which would probably also add to your severance.

either way, good luck with these next two weeks. that canīt be fun.

Gmburns2000

Aug 1, 2013, 1:11 PM
Post #43854 of 45342 (4395 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
hanging the paintings today. hoping this goes smoothly. official opening night is next tuesday.

good luck

went well. I actually hung more than I thought I could hang an in the end if I had painted more I could have hung those, too.

Tues is opening night. Weīve invited some big wigs. fingers are crossed they both come and like what they see.

donald949

Aug 1, 2013, 5:44 PM
Post #43855 of 45342 (4381 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:
If you consider being cold/hot/covered in bugs/suffocated by humidity as an ok way to live, I could sneak you into Canada.
Yesterday we said goodbye to some coworkers. Was a hard day. But hopefull for for some news soon.

that always sucks
But they had a nice little social cookies cupcake ice cream thing. Saw a couple peopl on the other side of the plant I don't get to see too often, wish them well etc. technically they check out th, but the get together was tue.

1) it sucks to say goodbye to people like that, but at least the company is being honest about the situation (or sounds that way). Yeah, I can see that being a hard day.

2) so I assume itīs better if you do stay then, even for just a few extra months. I know, youīd then likely leave during fall or winter, but still, itīs a few extra months, which would probably also add to your severance.

I only getting to stay one more month. But for a couple of reasons, it was better. Eliminated a couple question marks in my mind. In either case I don't have any offers yet, but the search is starting to get some traction.
Anyrate, it was good to see some freinds off, even though it was kinda sad day.

donald949

Aug 5, 2013, 3:46 PM
Post #43856 of 45342 (4343 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

that always sucks

I only getting to stay one more month. But for a couple of reasons, it was better. Eliminated a couple question marks in my mind. In either case I don't have any offers yet, but the search is starting to get some traction.
Its monday, I got nothing. Unsure

donald949

Aug 5, 2013, 3:46 PM
Post #43857 of 45342 (4341 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Coffee was good though.

Gmburns2000

Aug 5, 2013, 4:29 PM
Post #43858 of 45342 (4335 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Kartessa wrote:

that always sucks

Its monday, I got nothing. Unsure

They won't let you know until that day.

edge

Aug 5, 2013, 5:27 PM
Post #43859 of 45342 (4327 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We just rolled into Golden, CO yesterday. The new home and job search starts in earnest today.

Anyone want to buy an RV that has been rode hard and put away wet?

Gmburns2000

Aug 5, 2013, 5:45 PM
Post #43860 of 45342 (4323 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
We just rolled into Golden, CO yesterday. The new home and job search starts in earnest today.

that ended sooner than I expected. I thought you guys were heading north, too.

where are you guys going to settle and what kind of work are you going to do? Hoping to see your newest works after the trip.

Partner macherry

Aug 5, 2013, 5:52 PM
Post #43861 of 45342 (4318 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:

no but find a place quickly, close to some good skiing. i'd like to come crash on your couch and bum food.

that is all

notapplicable

Aug 5, 2013, 9:14 PM
Post #43862 of 45342 (4314 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Little bit of day drinking on a monday.

notapplicable

Aug 5, 2013, 9:14 PM
Post #43863 of 45342 (4312 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Little bit of day drinking on a monday.

This is all I have to report

notapplicable

Aug 5, 2013, 9:15 PM
Post #43864 of 45342 (4310 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I did go climbing last weekend and an going wed and thur of this week and took fri as a chillaxin vacationd day.

Gmburns2000

Aug 6, 2013, 4:46 PM
Post #43865 of 45342 (4295 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The exhibit started last week, but opening night is tonight. Nervous. There could be some important people there tonight. I want to sell, of course, and I'll hear lots of good things from friends and family (the lady's), but I am hoping to make a good impression on these other people who could be giving objective opinions.

I have two good projects that need a good push. I'm hoping this is it.

donald949

Aug 7, 2013, 3:39 PM
Post #43866 of 45342 (4282 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
The exhibit started last week, but opening night is tonight. Nervous. There could be some important people there tonight. I want to sell, of course, and I'll hear lots of good things from friends and family (the lady's), but I am hoping to make a good impression on these other people who could be giving objective opinions.

[image]http://www.gregmasonburns.com/uploads/1/7/5/5/17559949/6649712_orig.jpg?326[/image]
Good luck and best wishes.
Although I may be a day late on that...

Gmburns2000

Aug 7, 2013, 3:53 PM
Post #43867 of 45342 (4278 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

[image]http://www.gregmasonburns.com/uploads/1/7/5/5/17559949/6649712_orig.jpg?326[/image]

That's fine, appreciated either way.

Mixed results. Turnout was a bust and I didn't sell anything. I'm really bummed about that, and the Lady is pissed off at me for lying to myself about trying to convince myself I had no expectations when actually I had a lot. Still, some folks showed up and people really liked the oil-pastel-on-glass project as well as some of the other abstract paintings that are hanging there still.

Good news is that the local TV station wants to interview me for their cultural show. Not sure if it will get aired or what that will entail, but if it does then great, I'll have some exposure. Hopefully something will come of that.

Now I just need to learn what expectations mean.

donald949

Aug 7, 2013, 5:39 PM
Post #43868 of 45342 (4273 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:

no but find a place quickly, close to some good skiing. i'd like to come crash on your couch and bum food.

that is all
Speaking of skiing, I've checked out the Red Mountain website. nice looking resort. Lots of acres and vertical. pics show lots of snow.

donald949

Aug 7, 2013, 5:44 PM
Post #43869 of 45342 (4271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Mixed results. Turnout was a bust and I didn't sell anything. I'm really bummed about that, and the Lady is pissed off at me for lying to myself about trying to convince myself I had no expectations when actually I had a lot. Still, some folks showed up and people really liked the oil-pastel-on-glass project as well as some of the other abstract paintings that are hanging there still.

Good news is that the local TV station wants to interview me for their cultural show. Not sure if it will get aired or what that will entail, but if it does then great, I'll have some exposure. Hopefully something will come of that.

hey I hear ya. Try not to get your expectations too high, but in reality you do. Was really hoping the local (<6miles) valve manufacture, as they had lots of openings listed. Couple of us have put in but heard nothing. But hang in there with doing what you're doing. It does look like you're making headway.

Partner macherry

Aug 7, 2013, 5:59 PM
Post #43870 of 45342 (4267 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:

that is all
Speaking of skiing, I've checked out the Red Mountain website. nice looking resort. Lots of acres and vertical. pics show lots of snow.

this is correct

donald949

Aug 7, 2013, 6:15 PM
Post #43871 of 45342 (4262 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:

that is all

this is correct
I guess that leaves just one thing to do...
Get laid off, take the money and ski.

Gmburns2000

Aug 7, 2013, 6:43 PM
Post #43872 of 45342 (4256 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

hey I hear ya. Try not to get your expectations too high, but in reality you do. Was really hoping the local (<6miles) valve manufacture, as they had lots of openings listed. Couple of us have put in but heard nothing. But hang in there with doing what you're doing. It does look like you're making headway.

Probably difficult not to call them, too. that sucks.

Gmburns2000

Aug 7, 2013, 6:44 PM
Post #43873 of 45342 (4255 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:

that is all

this is correct
I guess that leaves just one thing to do...
Get laid off, take the money and ski.

that works, too. do the kids mind changing schools based on where the snow has fallen the best?

Gmburns2000

Aug 7, 2013, 6:45 PM
Post #43874 of 45342 (4254 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

of course

Gmburns2000

Aug 7, 2013, 6:45 PM
Post #43875 of 45342 (4253 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
of course

what this really means is that we probably just need to

First page Previous page 1 ... 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook