Forums: Climbing Partners: US - South:
WEEKDAY preferable or possible WEEKEND trad/aid partner in western NC (looking glass/other places)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

5.samadhi

Apr 22, 2013, 4:55 PM
Post #1 of 8 (7947 views)
Shortcut

WEEKDAY preferable or possible WEEKEND trad/aid partner in western NC (looking glass/other places)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am looking to get back into trad climbing after a longish layoff (after having getting obsessed with parachutes/skydiving for a few years). I have about 5 years of experience leading on gear however I have been out of the game for awhile.

I have rope and draws/few slings and set of nuts but have sadly sold the rest of my rack awhile ago.

I am looking to buy some used aliens as I used to love to climb on those so I will have something to offer to whatever rack you have.

I used to climb 5.12 but I am sure 5.10 would be plenty exciting these days. I do plan to get back into shape slowly and climb harder and harder but I really do not care about the grade of the climb, I will do 5.6 all day long if the quality is good. I'd actually like to warm back up to climbing/leading/cleaning/setting anchors/etc on some of the easier walls at looking glass (I have never climbed looking glass anywhere other than north side). Like the nose on LG, some of the easier stuff, some slightly harder stuff on sun wall like titties and beer, etc would all look awesome. I have a lot of plans/hopes basically! I also have a possible sport climb FA I want to bolt/work on with somebody so if doing an FA is your thing then you can get in on that!

I am mainly looking to do trad climbs around looking glass and surrounding areas but would also be interested in doing some road trips to RRG and NRG if sport climbing is your thing. Linville Gorge would also be great if doing longer adventure type climbs are interesting to you! Anything to get back out climbing again! I would really be interested in aiding the upper pitches of Invisible Airwaves at looking glass also because it looks so aesthetic.

Basically I have climbed a ton of super classic NC routes years ago and remember quite a bit of them so even if you aren't super knowledeable with the area we can still get out and climb a lot.

Email me if you are interested in doing some climbing. It is MUCH easier for me to get out on weekdays as I typically work on weekends at a skydiving dropzone packing parachutes. However I can get some weekends free if thats ALL you have free.

Peace!
Andy Reagan

(This post was edited by 5.samadhi on Apr 22, 2013, 10:07 PM)

5.samadhi

Apr 30, 2013, 12:10 AM
Post #2 of 8 (7895 views)
Shortcut

Re: [5.samadhi] WEEKDAY preferable or possible WEEKEND trad/aid partner in western NC (looking glass/other places) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

update! I got a few TCUs on the way that I found a good deal for...so I will have a few cams now to bring to the party! I will work on getting a few of the smaller aliens and some of the larger C4s to fill out my rack...

Just need a partner now...anybody up for looking glass??? I hiked out and drooled at my old favorites, invisible airwaves, creatures of waste, cornflake crack, safari Jive, they all look awesome and great and very fun still.

I'm down for whatever though! I just want to get out on the rock and get on some routes!

Lets climb! Cool

(This post was edited by 5.samadhi on Apr 30, 2013, 12:14 AM)

BilletTed

Jul 5, 2013, 1:14 AM
Post #3 of 8 (7729 views)
Shortcut

Re: [5.samadhi] WEEKDAY preferable or possible WEEKEND trad/aid partner in western NC (looking glass/other places) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi,
I am going to be camped in the Dupont Forest and available for climbing on July 19th and 20th. I am fairly new to climbing but have been taking individual climbing lessons from the EMS School in the Adirondacks. I am following on multi-pitch trad climbs up to 5.8. I would love to get out onto looking glass or anything else in the area while I am there. I live in Florida, but now that I have discovered rock climbing, I will am looking places to make long weekend climbing trips to in the future.
Thanks, Ted

5.samadhi

Jul 6, 2013, 4:42 PM
Post #4 of 8 (7707 views)
Shortcut

Re: [BilletTed] WEEKDAY preferable or possible WEEKEND trad/aid partner in western NC (looking glass/other places) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Ted,

sounds great man! Problem is I still don't have a full rack. I have TCUs blue through orange and soon aliens black through orange...so I have the START of a rack but no wider stuff yet.

Hopefully soon I'll have more of a rack. Lets keep in touch man - drop me a PM before you come up here.

Peace!

BilletTed

Jul 7, 2013, 3:43 PM
Post #5 of 8 (7682 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cool, I will PM you.

climber252

Aug 24, 2013, 8:49 PM
Post #6 of 8 (7428 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have trouble finding climbing partners to actually plan trips, which is what I need since I live in OBX. So if you are still lokking for someone to climb with I would be very interested in going further with the discussion. Linville Gorge/Table Rock area is nice for me. Moore's Wall also. I have very little lead experience but do have a decent rack and ropes. I need someone with more exp to help me learn to lead better.

thanks

David

Exponent

Sep 26, 2013, 7:25 PM
Post #7 of 8 (7213 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Have weekdays off and would like to climb at The Glass or anywhere else in NC

timbyds

Oct 5, 2014, 2:51 AM
Post #8 of 8 (6248 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climber252] WEEKDAY preferable or possible WEEKEND trad/aid partner in western NC (looking glass/other places) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi. I am coming to Nashville and would love to get a bit of climbing in 23rd - 27th October. Am very fit 57 year old Australian 30 + years of climbing trad and sport - comfortable up to 5:10 B or C - have never done a forum like this but would be keen to climb on any and all rocks for that time
Tim Carroll
timbyds@yahoo.com.au

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook