Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All


edge


Nov 29, 2013, 5:21 PM
Post #44401 of 45337 (5110 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
happy turkey day people

we're not having turkey being in canuckistan this weekend. sushi tonight.


but we wouldn't be having turkey in the good old us of a anyways.........the husband is a vegetarian.

Thanks Marge.

Our daughter arrived last night from Denver. Had a long walk this morning while the 20# turkey cooked. Lotsa leftovers; I'm thinking of making and freezing a bunch of pot pies.

The wife has to work tomorrow, so Meaghan & I are kicking around the idea of hitting up Clear Creek Canyon. I've never been.

Successful Clear Creek run! Woo!






Partner macherry


Nov 29, 2013, 8:55 PM
Post #44402 of 45337 (5098 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

looks like a nice day.

i worked this morning. first training day at the ski hill. nothing like team building exercises.


almost shot myself in the face


donald949


Nov 30, 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #44403 of 45337 (5081 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [curt] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
But will settle four sum sleep

how's the relocation to better climbing job search going?
Appears that I will have resolution soon.

do tell or waiting for the real deal to tell?
Waiting for teh real deal.


fingers are crossed that we'll read good news tomorrow.
Its all set.
I'm going to City of Rocks....
er,
Grand Targhee...
er,
Idaho Falls for work.
Finally got a hold of the 2nd offer to let them know I selected the 1st offer. 4 months of nothing, then 2 offers with in a week. Crazy
Now we got to clean out 97 years of junk to get ready to move... Pirate

idaho falls!! that's almost utah!! anyhooo, close to city of rocks, one of my favourite places. maybe i'll join you for some climbing next year

And even closer to the Tetons Cool

Curt
True that. A freind and I have some unfinished business on the Grand. Got washed out by some rain and sleet. We have already talked about revisiting.


donald949


Nov 30, 2013, 10:04 PM
Post #44404 of 45337 (5079 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
But will settle four sum sleep

how's the relocation to better climbing job search going?
Appears that I will have resolution soon.

do tell or waiting for the real deal to tell?
Waiting for teh real deal.


fingers are crossed that we'll read good news tomorrow.
Its all set.
I'm going to City of Rocks....
er,
Grand Targhee...
er,
Idaho Falls for work.
Finally got a hold of the 2nd offer to let them know I selected the 1st offer. 4 months of nothing, then 2 offers with in a week. Crazy
Now we got to clean out 97 years of junk to get ready to move... Pirate

idaho falls!! that's almost utah!! anyhooo, close to city of rocks, one of my favourite places. maybe i'll join you for some climbing next year
That would be most excelent.


donald949


Nov 30, 2013, 10:08 PM
Post #44405 of 45337 (5079 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
But will settle four sum sleep

how's the relocation to better climbing job search going?
Appears that I will have resolution soon.

do tell or waiting for the real deal to tell?
Waiting for teh real deal.


fingers are crossed that we'll read good news tomorrow.
Its all set.
I'm going to City of Rocks....
er,
Grand Targhee...
er,
Idaho Falls for work.
Finally got a hold of the 2nd offer to let them know I selected the 1st offer. 4 months of nothing, then 2 offers with in a week. Crazy
Now we got to clean out 97 years of junk to get ready to move... Pirate

woohoo!

congrats dude. closer to some good climbing eh? that's fantastic. when do you move? the kids coming along early or are you waiting until after x-mas? how about the house?

dude, that awesome. well done!
The plan as it now stands.
I'll head up for a late Jan start. Skis and climbing gear are on the top of the packing list. Followed closely by WARM clothes. The wife and munchkins will come up after skull gets out Mid June.


Gmburns2000


Dec 1, 2013, 5:57 AM
Post #44406 of 45337 (5066 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
looks like a nice day.

i worked this morning. first training day at the ski hill. nothing like team building exercises.


almost shot myself in the face

I spent the day yesterday recording a video for a future project. The neighbor's six-month-old cat went missing earlier in the day and we were all a little worried. Turns out the dogs next door got him. Really sad finish to the day. Dexter, the cat, was super friendly and playful.


Gmburns2000


Dec 1, 2013, 5:37 PM
Post #44407 of 45337 (5054 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So I have this long-term project to document flamenco. Was going for a while to flamenco classes to draw the dancers sat mornings. stopped because I needed to add english classes sat mornings, but I still kept in touch with the owner of the school and have been attending various events. love the scene, just could never afford to take classes myself, or take the time off teaching to continue practicing drawing.

went to a "talent show" that they have every year, which is basically just a christmas party with some various people who are also on the periphery of the school mixing with the teachers and students. my second year going and my portuguese this time allowed me to participate a lot more.

turns out I won a year's worth of free classes starting in 2014. The Lady is already hoping we can dance sevillanas at our wedding. not sure where I'm going to find time, but I feel this is a good winner.

sevillanas isn't exactly flamenco, but it can be as even though it's supposedly older than flamenco sevillanas was greatly influenced by flamenco about 200 years ago. I'm kind of sort of looking forward to it.

here's a reasonable video of it (better as a group starting at the 1min mark): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC3GGwvtH2I

however, it's a group dance, but this one is damn cool (lady dancing alone with mirrors): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DWlngNFIdY


Gmburns2000


Dec 2, 2013, 1:57 PM
Post #44408 of 45337 (5031 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

and looks who has a new job, too. this guy (two thumbs pointing at my chest).

small work. social media stuff for an art supplies website. doesn't pay overly well, but the guys seem good and the work is good and it'll help pad build increase / augment / balloon create some cash in the US again, and it means i may even get to visit my family next july when my grandmother hits 90.

Things are looking up.


Partner macherry


Dec 2, 2013, 4:07 PM
Post #44409 of 45337 (5022 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
and looks who has a new job, too. this guy (two thumbs pointing at my chest).

small work. social media stuff for an art supplies website. doesn't pay overly well, but the guys seem good and the work is good and it'll help pad build increase / augment / balloon create some cash in the US again, and it means i may even get to visit my family next july when my grandmother hits 90.



Things are looking up.


strong werk!!!

congrats


Gmburns2000


Dec 3, 2013, 3:15 AM
Post #44410 of 45337 (5009 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
and looks who has a new job, too. this guy (two thumbs pointing at my chest).

small work. social media stuff for an art supplies website. doesn't pay overly well, but the guys seem good and the work is good and it'll help pad build increase / augment / balloon create some cash in the US again, and it means i may even get to visit my family next july when my grandmother hits 90.



Things are looking up.


strong werk!!!

congrats

Hoping for more good news coming down the pike too. We'll see though.


donald949


Dec 3, 2013, 1:43 PM
Post #44411 of 45337 (4991 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
So I have this long-term project to document flamenco. Was going for a while to flamenco classes to draw the dancers sat mornings. stopped because I needed to add english classes sat mornings, but I still kept in touch with the owner of the school and have been attending various events. love the scene, just could never afford to take classes myself, or take the time off teaching to continue practicing drawing.

went to a "talent show" that they have every year, which is basically just a christmas party with some various people who are also on the periphery of the school mixing with the teachers and students. my second year going and my portuguese this time allowed me to participate a lot more.

turns out I won a year's worth of free classes starting in 2014. The Lady is already hoping we can dance sevillanas at our wedding. not sure where I'm going to find time, but I feel this is a good winner.

sevillanas isn't exactly flamenco, but it can be as even though it's supposedly older than flamenco sevillanas was greatly influenced by flamenco about 200 years ago. I'm kind of sort of looking forward to it.

here's a reasonable video of it (better as a group starting at the 1min mark): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC3GGwvtH2I

however, it's a group dance, but this one is damn cool (lady dancing alone with mirrors): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DWlngNFIdY
You have been serious for a while, but you've made a decsion?


donald949


Dec 3, 2013, 1:46 PM
Post #44412 of 45337 (4987 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
But will settle four sum sleep

how's the relocation to better climbing job search going?
Appears that I will have resolution soon.

do tell or waiting for the real deal to tell?
Waiting for teh real deal.


fingers are crossed that we'll read good news tomorrow.
Its all set.
I'm going to City of Rocks....
er,
Grand Targhee...
er,
Idaho Falls for work.
Finally got a hold of the 2nd offer to let them know I selected the 1st offer. 4 months of nothing, then 2 offers with in a week. Crazy
Now we got to clean out 97 years of junk to get ready to move... Pirate

woohoo!

congrats dude. closer to some good climbing eh? that's fantastic. when do you move? the kids coming along early or are you waiting until after x-mas? how about the house?

dude, that awesome. well done!
The plan as it now stands.
I'll head up for a late Jan start. Skis and climbing gear are on the top of the packing list. Followed closely by WARM clothes. The wife and munchkins will come up after skull gets out Mid June.
Wondering if I'll have room for everything I need for the first 6 months in the back of the suburban?
Have I thought this through???


donald949


Dec 3, 2013, 1:47 PM
Post #44413 of 45337 (4985 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Been cleaning out the home office. I sure have a lot of old junk. Trash bin and recycle bin were pretty full today. Unsure


donald949


Dec 3, 2013, 1:48 PM
Post #44414 of 45337 (4983 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Been cleaning out the home office. I sure have a lot of old junk. Trash bin and recycle bin were pretty full today. Unsure
Everywhere I turn, more junk I have to toss.


donald949


Dec 3, 2013, 2:02 PM
Post #44415 of 45337 (4981 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [climbingtrash] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbingtrash wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
climbingtrash wrote:
macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
macherry wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
But will settle four sum sleep

how's the relocation to better climbing job search going?
Appears that I will have resolution soon.

do tell or waiting for the real deal to tell?
Waiting for teh real deal.


fingers are crossed that we'll read good news tomorrow.
Its all set.
I'm going to City of Rocks....
er,
Grand Targhee...
er,
Idaho Falls for work.
Finally got a hold of the 2nd offer to let them know I selected the 1st offer. 4 months of nothing, then 2 offers with in a week. Crazy
Now we got to clean out 97 years of junk to get ready to move... Pirate

idaho falls!! that's almost utah!! anyhooo, close to city of rocks, one of my favourite places. maybe i'll join you for some climbing next year

I thought you were going to visit Boulder. Mad

i'll be couch surfing all over the place

Swell.

she'll need more than that to surf.

what the hell does that mean?

ewe can't surf a swell? *shrug*

I can't believe the guy from freaking Utah was the first to get it.

wut can I say...I read a lot.
Hey Trash. Looks like I'll be rolling through Utah late Jan on the way north. I was kind of considering a stop at Red Rocks. But is there something in S Utah I should consider on my way up? noiZ will be the same distance from IF as OC, so a family trip again in several years is a possibility. I was wondering if there is something worth seeing or doing that is too hot during the summer, or not really a family thing.
At first it seemed like the move was a long way off. Now it seems I won't have enought time to get it all together. So I'll see how much time I have for sightseeing on my way up.


edge


Dec 3, 2013, 3:17 PM
Post #44416 of 45337 (4957 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

New tires for the Tundra are 'spensive! Mad


edge


Dec 3, 2013, 3:19 PM
Post #44417 of 45337 (4947 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
New tires for the Tundra are 'spensive! Mad

So is 150 board feet of cherry. Even with a commercial discount.


edge


Dec 3, 2013, 3:21 PM
Post #44418 of 45337 (4944 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
edge wrote:
New tires for the Tundra are 'spensive! Mad

So is 150 board feet of cherry. Even with a commercial discount.

At least the jobs are starting to roll in. Starting a bed and nightstand, and bidding other projects that should keep me busy for the next 3 months. I can't believe what I can get away with charging here.


Partner epoch
Moderator

Dec 3, 2013, 3:24 PM
Post #44419 of 45337 (4938 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32163

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
New tires for the Tundra are 'spensive! Mad

So is 150 board feet of cherry. Even with a commercial discount.

At least the jobs are starting to roll in. Starting a bed and nightstand, and bidding other projects that should keep me busy for the next 3 months. I can't believe what I can get away with charging here.

I can't. Master craftsmen are not quite plentiful west of Appalachia.


edge


Dec 3, 2013, 3:33 PM
Post #44420 of 45337 (4935 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
New tires for the Tundra are 'spensive! Mad

So is 150 board feet of cherry. Even with a commercial discount.

At least the jobs are starting to roll in. Starting a bed and nightstand, and bidding other projects that should keep me busy for the next 3 months. I can't believe what I can get away with charging here.

I can't. Master craftsmen are not quite plentiful west of Appalachia.

Now if all of these peripheral expenses would just go away and leave me alone: new tires, plane tix for the son for Christmas, new tires for the rope gun, replacement machinery for what didn't make the cross country trip, loose wimmen. *

I need to run an add in the paper to get more furniture jobs, most of the leads are cabinets.

*
The last one is actually my wife, but her prices have gone up too.


(This post was edited by edge on Dec 3, 2013, 3:34 PM)


edge


Dec 3, 2013, 3:52 PM
Post #44421 of 45337 (4926 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
New tires for the Tundra are 'spensive! Mad

So is 150 board feet of cherry. Even with a commercial discount.

At least the jobs are starting to roll in. Starting a bed and nightstand, and bidding other projects that should keep me busy for the next 3 months. I can't believe what I can get away with charging here.

I can't. Master craftsmen are not quite plentiful west of Appalachia.

Now if all of these peripheral expenses would just go away and leave me alone: new tires, plane tix for the son for Christmas, new tires for the rope gun, replacement machinery for what didn't make the cross country trip, loose wimmen. *

I need to run an add in the paper to get more furniture jobs, most of the leads are cabinets.

*
The last one is actually my wife, but her prices have gone up too.

So, I have decided to boycott my personal stalkerbook page, too much crapola. I would have suspended it outright but then I couldn't post in either of my work related pages. I'm hoping to update the woodworking page soon with pics of the bed in progress.


edge


Dec 3, 2013, 4:10 PM
Post #44422 of 45337 (4918 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
New tires for the Tundra are 'spensive! Mad

So is 150 board feet of cherry. Even with a commercial discount.

At least the jobs are starting to roll in. Starting a bed and nightstand, and bidding other projects that should keep me busy for the next 3 months. I can't believe what I can get away with charging here.

I can't. Master craftsmen are not quite plentiful west of Appalachia.

Now if all of these peripheral expenses would just go away and leave me alone: new tires, plane tix for the son for Christmas, new tires for the rope gun, replacement machinery for what didn't make the cross country trip, loose wimmen. *

I need to run an add in the paper to get more furniture jobs, most of the leads are cabinets.

*
The last one is actually my wife, but her prices have gone up too.

So, I have decided to boycott my personal stalkerbook page, too much crapola. I would have suspended it outright but then I couldn't post in either of my work related pages. I'm hoping to update the woodworking page soon with pics of the bed in progress.

Snowing now in Boulder. 6-9" expected.

I prefer the no snow, rock climbing weather, may have to find an ice pardner, pardner.


Partner macherry


Dec 3, 2013, 4:57 PM
Post #44423 of 45337 (4908 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
New tires for the Tundra are 'spensive! Mad

So is 150 board feet of cherry. Even with a commercial discount.

At least the jobs are starting to roll in. Starting a bed and nightstand, and bidding other projects that should keep me busy for the next 3 months. I can't believe what I can get away with charging here.

I can't. Master craftsmen are not quite plentiful west of Appalachia.

Now if all of these peripheral expenses would just go away and leave me alone: new tires, plane tix for the son for Christmas, new tires for the rope gun, replacement machinery for what didn't make the cross country trip, loose wimmen. *

I need to run an add in the paper to get more furniture jobs, most of the leads are cabinets.

*
The last one is actually my wife, but her prices have gone up too.

So, I have decided to boycott my personal stalkerbook page, too much crapola. I would have suspended it outright but then I couldn't post in either of my work related pages. I'm hoping to update the woodworking page soon with pics of the bed in progress.


they always come back (tm)


my best gal pal always says she's leaving facebook, but somehow she can't stop creeping. she even shut her own page down and started using her hubby's page.



you have to give it the ole cold turkey and never return. i've had a few friends that have been successful.


i probably spent too much time on the faspace posting cat pics and harassing family.


Partner macherry


Dec 3, 2013, 4:58 PM
Post #44424 of 45337 (4907 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
New tires for the Tundra are 'spensive! Mad

So is 150 board feet of cherry. Even with a commercial discount.

At least the jobs are starting to roll in. Starting a bed and nightstand, and bidding other projects that should keep me busy for the next 3 months. I can't believe what I can get away with charging here.

I can't. Master craftsmen are not quite plentiful west of Appalachia.

Now if all of these peripheral expenses would just go away and leave me alone: new tires, plane tix for the son for Christmas, new tires for the rope gun, replacement machinery for what didn't make the cross country trip, loose wimmen. *

I need to run an add in the paper to get more furniture jobs, most of the leads are cabinets.

*
The last one is actually my wife, but her prices have gone up too.

So, I have decided to boycott my personal stalkerbook page, too much crapola. I would have suspended it outright but then I couldn't post in either of my work related pages. I'm hoping to update the woodworking page soon with pics of the bed in progress.

Snowing now in Boulder. 6-9" expected.

I prefer the no snow, rock climbing weather, may have to find an ice pardner, pardner.


ice, not for me. i almost froze my fingers off being a belay slave for a rockclimbing partner.

just get out the snowshoes or skis


edge


Dec 3, 2013, 5:59 PM
Post #44425 of 45337 (4894 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
epoch wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
edge wrote:
New tires for the Tundra are 'spensive! Mad

So is 150 board feet of cherry. Even with a commercial discount.

At least the jobs are starting to roll in. Starting a bed and nightstand, and bidding other projects that should keep me busy for the next 3 months. I can't believe what I can get away with charging here.

I can't. Master craftsmen are not quite plentiful west of Appalachia.

Now if all of these peripheral expenses would just go away and leave me alone: new tires, plane tix for the son for Christmas, new tires for the rope gun, replacement machinery for what didn't make the cross country trip, loose wimmen. *

I need to run an add in the paper to get more furniture jobs, most of the leads are cabinets.

*
The last one is actually my wife, but her prices have gone up too.

So, I have decided to boycott my personal stalkerbook page, too much crapola. I would have suspended it outright but then I couldn't post in either of my work related pages. I'm hoping to update the woodworking page soon with pics of the bed in progress.

Snowing now in Boulder. 6-9" expected.

I prefer the no snow, rock climbing weather, may have to find an ice pardner, pardner.


ice, not for me. i almost froze my fingers off being a belay slave for a rockclimbing partner.

just get out the snowshoes or skis

Epic drive home.

The road up the mountains to our place was closed for an accident, and the round-about back way is still closed from the floods. The only other way up is "Winding Trail Road" which is a steep, curvy one Lane road through a gated community posted No Tresspassing. Karol drove it once in the daylight and dry conditions when our road was closed, and vowed to not do it again because of the hairpin turns, steep drop offs, and lack of guardrails. I had to do it.

Fortunately I had the new sneakers on the Tundra, slipped it into 4WD, and crept up the 10 miles through 4" of untracked powpow. It was dark and the headlights wouldn't show past the falling flakes, so I have no idea how stupid this might have been, but I got home to a big batch of homemade chili.

Prospects are not good for getting down tomorrow, there are severe weather advisories for heavy snow and high winds through Wednesday night. At least I brought home some much needed dog food.

That is awl.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook