Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

donald949

Dec 20, 2013, 5:33 AM
Post #44501 of 45342 (4605 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
curt wrote:
edge wrote:
Big milestone for me today. The last vestige of the State of New Hampshire's long arm of the law was a court ordered mandate to have an interlock breathalyzer installed for one year after regaining my driving privileges. After three years of not driving it was worth it, but having to blow into the damned thing to start my truck, then again 3-5 minutes later, and then randomly every 15 minutes or so thereafter was a major pain in the arse.

I did this every time I got in the Tundra, including my 10K mile cross country road trip pulling a large RV. Somehow the device always demanded that I blow during the most in opportune times, like while cornering, merging, navigating single width canyon roads, or during ice patches, but out of necessity I made my peace with it long ago. Acceptance works wonders.

So right now I am sitting in the sun on a bench outside of Whole Foods with the Flatirons and Front Range wearing their dusting of Winter whites as the guys at Car Toys remove that device. Soon I can focus on just driving without interruption, can let my truck idle and warm up while not sitting in the seat, and not paying the $65/month service fees.

It's a great day to be sober.

I'll drink to that Cool

Curt

WOO!

I might have to bust out my good scotch for that one :P

Go for it, you two.

I'm going to enjoy a Zero Carb Rockstar on my unencumbered drive home.
very well done sir.

donald949

Dec 20, 2013, 5:33 AM
Post #44502 of 45342 (4603 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

*face palm*

donald949

Dec 20, 2013, 5:38 AM
Post #44503 of 45342 (4601 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Ack! I'm getting older in a week and a day. Unsure this year really flew by

Wait, your bday is on x-mas? that's gotta either suck or be freaking awesome. can't decide which one.

I think suck is the correct answer Tongue

as a kid everyone else also gets gifts on your bday and no one but family remembers.

as an adult, a lot of bars are closed, and you can't just sit at home and relax because you still have to socialize with family.

Yeah, I can see that sucking. Well, I hope you at least get to take a week off and make your birthday a long party from the 24ht to the 1st.

yeah luckily... or unluckily? my company forces us to take some of our vacation to take the week of the 25-1st off

That's standard fare here in Brasil. Companies literally shut down for weeks on end for vacation. Just the way it goes.
my new situation will be holiday for teh Christmas week.

donald949

Dec 20, 2013, 5:40 AM
Post #44504 of 45342 (4599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my werk hear is done.
off to family for the holidaze. Then death Valley four sum camping. Catch you all on the other side. Has a grate holiday

erisspirit

Dec 20, 2013, 5:05 PM
Post #44505 of 45342 (4584 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

Wait, your bday is on x-mas? that's gotta either suck or be freaking awesome. can't decide which one.

as a kid everyone else also gets gifts on your bday and no one but family remembers.

as an adult, a lot of bars are closed, and you can't just sit at home and relax because you still have to socialize with family.

Yeah, I can see that sucking. Well, I hope you at least get to take a week off and make your birthday a long party from the 24ht to the 1st.

yeah luckily... or unluckily? my company forces us to take some of our vacation to take the week of the 25-1st off

That's standard fare here in Brasil. Companies literally shut down for weeks on end for vacation. Just the way it goes.

my former company shut down as well for the holidays... I definitely like having the time off, but they didn't make you use your vacation time for it. They added it to the pool of holiday time they gave me so my vacation time really was mine to do with as I pleased.

erisspirit

Dec 20, 2013, 5:06 PM
Post #44506 of 45342 (4582 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
my werk hear is done.
off to family for the holidaze. Then death Valley four sum camping. Catch you all on the other side. Has a grate holiday

have fun!

Partner epoch

Dec 21, 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #44507 of 45342 (4561 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My year is at end, too.

Compiled and sent my last end-of-week report for the year. Much work going on. My company doesn't shut down; though my brain and body are checking out for the next 1.5 weeks. Off on an epic backpacking trip, some climbing, some soaking, some r e l a x i n g. Yeah!

Then up to the Bay area for Gnuyears. Gonna have some fun this year with the Bhey family. Afterwards, it'll be back to the grind for a week before epic vacation #2.

Everybody have fun and be safe. Greg, you too... watch out for the terrierists. Hope Ma gets some snow soon. Donny, don't work too hard.

Partner macherry

Dec 21, 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #44508 of 45342 (4553 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
My year is at end, too.

Compiled and sent my last end-of-week report for the year. Much work going on. My company doesn't shut down; though my brain and body are checking out for the next 1.5 weeks. Off on an epic backpacking trip, some climbing, some soaking, some r e l a x i n g. Yeah!

Then up to the Bay area for Gnuyears. Gonna have some fun this year with the Bhey family. Afterwards, it'll be back to the grind for a week before epic vacation #2.

Everybody have fun and be safe. Greg, you too... watch out for the terrierists. Hope Ma gets some snow soon. Donny, don't work too hard.

have fun!!!

it's snowing!!

Gmburns2000

Dec 21, 2013, 1:05 AM
Post #44509 of 45342 (4548 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
My year is at end, too.

Thanks dude. Have fun. Looking forward to the pics from the time off (not the naked ones in SF with a lampshade on your head).

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Gmburns2000

Dec 21, 2013, 1:06 AM
Post #44510 of 45342 (4547 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

my former company shut down as well for the holidays... I definitely like having the time off, but they didn't make you use your vacation time for it. They added it to the pool of holiday time they gave me so my vacation time really was mine to do with as I pleased.

It's part of the vacation here.

edge

Dec 23, 2013, 5:39 PM
Post #44511 of 45342 (4521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In the shop this morning, with a hugely complicated job ahead of me, but my head isn't in it yet. Thus, I am procrastiposting.

My son flies into Denver tonight from NH, assuming everything is on schedule after the big northeast ice storms. Meg and her boyfriend are picking him up at 8:15 PM, then they are all driving up to our place to park it through the holiday. Haven't seen Max since late May when we took off in the RV, so that will be nice. His girlfriend will also be coming out in four days and through the New Year. Her family is from Brazil; where is that? Heh.

Gmburns2000

Dec 23, 2013, 5:53 PM
Post #44512 of 45342 (4516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
In the shop this morning, with a hugely complicated job ahead of me, but my head isn't in it yet. Thus, I am procrastiposting.

My son flies into Denver tonight from NH, assuming everything is on schedule after the big northeast ice storms. Meg and her boyfriend are picking him up at 8:15 PM, then they are all driving up to our place to park it through the holiday. Haven't seen Max since late May when we took off in the RV, so that will be nice. His girlfriend will also be coming out in four days and through the New Year. Her family is from Brazil; where is that? Heh.

- muito prazer = nice to meet you (mOI-tow prayzeEHR)
- oi, tudo bem? = hi, how are you?
- tudo bem = I'm fine (or just tudo)
- bom dia - good morning
- boa tarde - good afternoon
- boa noite - goodnight (but not just for goodbye, can be for hello, too) (boA nOY-tee)

- tudo bem = literally all's well (so can be a question and response)

- voce e meu filho vao dormir separado ta? = you and my son will sleep separately ok?

boa sorte (good luck)

Gmburns2000

Dec 23, 2013, 5:56 PM
Post #44513 of 45342 (4514 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

- bom dia - good morning
- boa noite - goodnight (but not just for goodbye, can be for hello, too) (boA nOY-tee)

- voce e meu filho vao dormir separado ta? = you and my son will sleep separately ok?

boa sorte (good luck)

the pronunciations I gave you are from Curitiba. If her family is from Rio then they don't say nOY-tee...they say nOY-chee instead.

curitiba - quente leite (kentee laytee)
Rio - quente leite (kenchee laychee)

Brazil has a shit ton of accents though. These are just two.

edge

Dec 23, 2013, 6:08 PM
Post #44514 of 45342 (4504 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

- bom dia - good morning

boa sorte (good luck)

the pronunciations I gave you are from Curitiba. If her family is from Rio then they don't say nOY-tee...they say nOY-chee instead.

My house, my language.

Gmburns2000

Dec 23, 2013, 6:16 PM
Post #44515 of 45342 (4498 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

- Thank you - Obrigado (for men. Obrigada for women)
- You're welcome - de nada (or you can say imagine (imagEEnee) for a really casual "no problem)
- cool! - legal (lay-GAL)
- nice - beleza (bey-LAY-za) (usually used to ask how are you doing and in responding so, for example:

Person A: beleza? (tudo bem?)
Person B: beleza. (tudo) )

Welcome to Colorado - bem vindo para Colorado.

Please don't fuck the chickens - por favor nao se foda as galinhas.

^^ that should hold you over the holiday at least

Gmburns2000

Dec 23, 2013, 6:17 PM
Post #44516 of 45342 (4497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

- bom dia - good morning

boa sorte (good luck)

My house, my language.

way to make a girl feel welcome eh?

erisspirit

Dec 23, 2013, 6:41 PM
Post #44517 of 45342 (4494 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
My year is at end, too.

woo relaxing! I have one more work from home day THEN vacation...

tonight is Dinner with Matt's family for something I cant pronounce (Danish Christmas eve eve?)

then it's pretty much a food and beer fest until the 1st

erisspirit

Dec 23, 2013, 6:43 PM
Post #44518 of 45342 (4493 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hmmm found a jorb in Colorado that sounds cool...

wasn't exactly planning to be looking for jorbs there tho... yet

but it sounds like something I would like to do...

though it would be pretty poor timing...

eh - probably won't even get a callback... so might as well apply? hmmmm

edge

Dec 23, 2013, 6:46 PM
Post #44519 of 45342 (4490 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

- bom dia - good morning

boa sorte (good luck)

My house, my language.

Fair enough.

How do you say, "that's my chair, get out"?

Gmburns2000

Dec 23, 2013, 7:00 PM
Post #44520 of 45342 (4483 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

- bom dia - good morning

boa sorte (good luck)

My house, my language.

Fair enough.

How do you say, "that's my chair, get out"?

essa é a minha cadeira, saia

(ESsa ay ah MEANya cadAEra, SIGHya)

Gmburns2000

Dec 23, 2013, 7:04 PM
Post #44521 of 45342 (4482 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:

where?

Bill Murray says you can do it:

well, that's what he meant anyway.

erisspirit

Dec 23, 2013, 7:40 PM
Post #44522 of 45342 (4467 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

where?

[image]http://www.crossfitaustin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Youre-awesome.-Bill-Murray-320x2401.jpg[/image]

the job itself is in Boulder for a training/ fitness web application. It sounds like a good fit to me because it claims to have a lot of the company culture that I loved about my current company before the new CEO started ruining everything. It would be really nice to actually like what I am designing, and like actually being at work :P

edge

Dec 23, 2013, 8:46 PM
Post #44523 of 45342 (4460 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

where?

[image]http://www.crossfitaustin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Youre-awesome.-Bill-Murray-320x2401.jpg[/image]

the job itself is in Boulder for a training/ fitness web application. It sounds like a good fit to me because it claims to have a lot of the company culture that I loved about my current company before the new CEO started ruining everything. It would be really nice to actually like what I am designing, and like actually being at work :P

A move to Boulder would require lots of new furniture, wouldn't you think?

Gmburns2000

Dec 23, 2013, 8:59 PM
Post #44524 of 45342 (4458 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

where?

And you loved it so there, too, didn't you? Why not apply? Nothing to lose and you already have the "no" beforehand right?

Just watch out. Getting too close to the edge could cost you money...but also make your house look nice.

erisspirit

Dec 23, 2013, 9:07 PM
Post #44525 of 45342 (4456 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:

where?

A move to Boulder would require lots of new furniture, wouldn't you think?

I see what you did there

First page Previous page 1 ... 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook