Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Partner macherry

Dec 23, 2013, 11:58 PM
Post #44526 of 45342 (5001 views)
Shortcut

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
In the shop this morning, with a hugely complicated job ahead of me, but my head isn't in it yet. Thus, I am procrastiposting.

My son flies into Denver tonight from NH, assuming everything is on schedule after the big northeast ice storms. Meg and her boyfriend are picking him up at 8:15 PM, then they are all driving up to our place to park it through the holiday. Haven't seen Max since late May when we took off in the RV, so that will be nice. His girlfriend will also be coming out in four days and through the New Year. Her family is from Brazil; where is that? Heh.

- muito prazer = nice to meet you (mOI-tow prayzeEHR)
- oi, tudo bem? = hi, how are you?
- tudo bem = I'm fine (or just tudo)
- bom dia - good morning
- boa tarde - good afternoon
- boa noite - goodnight (but not just for goodbye, can be for hello, too) (boA nOY-tee)

- tudo bem = literally all's well (so can be a question and response)

- voce e meu filho vao dormir separado ta? = you and my son will sleep separately ok?

boa sorte (good luck)

the pronunciations I gave you are from Curitiba. If her family is from Rio then they don't say nOY-tee...they say nOY-chee instead.

curitiba - quente leite (kentee laytee)
Rio - quente leite (kenchee laychee)

Brazil has a shit ton of accents though. These are just two.

My house, my language.

way to make a girl feel welcome eh?

Fair enough.

How do you say, "that's my chair, get out"?

isn't that universal in any language

quiet xmas around here. kids aren't coming home. neighbours over for a visit christmas eve and we're on our own for dinner on xmas. the husband is a vegetarian, so i'm requesting he cooks a small game hen for me........and a huge amount of gravy and potatoes. he can cook all the vegetables he wants for himself.

gawd i miss turkey.

oh and call me nuts but i'm considering getting a dawg over the holidays. our husky/shepherd died last year. we had to put her down because of kidney disease. i think i'm ready for another dog. it's been over a year and a half. i'm currently looking at rescues. it's really hard though, keiko was the ultimate dog. great disposition, calm, good energy on hikes. she was one of a kind.

edge

Dec 24, 2013, 12:30 AM
Post #44527 of 45342 (4991 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
In the shop this morning, with a hugely complicated job ahead of me, but my head isn't in it yet. Thus, I am procrastiposting.

My son flies into Denver tonight from NH, assuming everything is on schedule after the big northeast ice storms. Meg and her boyfriend are picking him up at 8:15 PM, then they are all driving up to our place to park it through the holiday. Haven't seen Max since late May when we took off in the RV, so that will be nice. His girlfriend will also be coming out in four days and through the New Year. Her family is from Brazil; where is that? Heh.

- muito prazer = nice to meet you (mOI-tow prayzeEHR)
- oi, tudo bem? = hi, how are you?
- tudo bem = I'm fine (or just tudo)
- bom dia - good morning
- boa tarde - good afternoon
- boa noite - goodnight (but not just for goodbye, can be for hello, too) (boA nOY-tee)

- tudo bem = literally all's well (so can be a question and response)

- voce e meu filho vao dormir separado ta? = you and my son will sleep separately ok?

boa sorte (good luck)

the pronunciations I gave you are from Curitiba. If her family is from Rio then they don't say nOY-tee...they say nOY-chee instead.

curitiba - quente leite (kentee laytee)
Rio - quente leite (kenchee laychee)

Brazil has a shit ton of accents though. These are just two.

My house, my language.

way to make a girl feel welcome eh?

Fair enough.

How do you say, "that's my chair, get out"?

isn't that universal in any language

quiet xmas around here. kids aren't coming home. neighbours over for a visit christmas eve and we're on our own for dinner on xmas. the husband is a vegetarian, so i'm requesting he cooks a small game hen for me........and a huge amount of gravy and potatoes. he can cook all the vegetables he wants for himself.

gawd i miss turkey.

oh and call me nuts but i'm considering getting a dawg over the holidays.
our husky/shepherd died last year. we had to put her down because of kidney disease. i think i'm ready for another dog. it's been over a year and a half. i'm currently looking at rescues. it's really hard though, keiko was the ultimate dog. great disposition, calm, good energy on hikes. she was one of a kind.

Dogs love turkey. Get one, and you can justify the other.

edge

Dec 24, 2013, 12:31 AM
Post #44528 of 45342 (4990 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
edge wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
hmmm found a jorb in Colorado that sounds cool...

wasn't exactly planning to be looking for jorbs there tho... yet

but it sounds like something I would like to do...

though it would be pretty poor timing...

eh - probably won't even get a callback... so might as well apply? hmmmm

where?

Bill Murray says you can do it:

[image]http://www.crossfitaustin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Youre-awesome.-Bill-Murray-320x2401.jpg[/image]

well, that's what he meant anyway.

the job itself is in Boulder for a training/ fitness web application. It sounds like a good fit to me because it claims to have a lot of the company culture that I loved about my current company before the new CEO started ruining everything. It would be really nice to actually like what I am designing, and like actually being at work :P

A move to Boulder would require lots of new furniture, wouldn't you think?

I see what you did there

Subliminal advertising fail.

Partner macherry

Dec 24, 2013, 11:35 PM
Post #44529 of 45342 (4965 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

merry christmas everyone.

Gmburns2000

Dec 25, 2013, 11:37 PM
Post #44530 of 45342 (4949 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
merry christmas everyone.

you too Ma...and everyone else.

woke up to a fully funded project today. still three weeks to go. Now hoping to raise more than the budget to allow me to get some new canvases for projects that are on the tick list, so to speak.

Fingers are crossed the new year keeps things going. Beer

edge

Dec 26, 2013, 4:05 PM
Post #44531 of 45342 (4935 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Working today, but hitting Shelf Road Fri & Sat with Meaghan. Colorado's banana belt, supposed to be 60 degrees and no wind.

I have very limited experience on limestone, so I'm willing to clip bolts for a taste of new stone.

Gmburns2000

Dec 26, 2013, 6:23 PM
Post #44532 of 45342 (4930 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Working today, but hitting Shelf Road Fri & Sat with Meaghan. Colorado's banana belt, supposed to be 60 degrees and no wind.

I have very limited experience on limestone, so I'm willing to clip bolts for a taste of new stone.

Shelf is nice. I like climbing there. Definitely has a Rumney feel to it without the cigs and radios, or at least the times I've been there. not sure what the rattler situation is like in january (considering the continued warm temps) but be extra careful. They apparently have a reputation for biting you in the back of the leg as you step over a rock or log or something. Not being silly here - I almost stepped on one a few years ago. It's a real issue to be aware of at Shelf.

The approach to most places is super easy, too.

edge

Dec 26, 2013, 7:30 PM
Post #44533 of 45342 (4922 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Shelf is nice. I like climbing there. Definitely has a Rumney feel to it without the cigs and radios, or at least the times I've been there. not sure what the rattler situation is like in january (considering the continued warm temps) but be extra careful. They apparently have a reputation for biting you in the back of the leg as you step over a rock or log or something. Not being silly here - I almost stepped on one a few years ago. It's a real issue to be aware of at Shelf.

Sounds like BBQ fodder.

Gmburns2000

Dec 26, 2013, 8:02 PM
Post #44534 of 45342 (4916 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Sounds like BBQ fodder.

actually, it's one of my favorite stories of taking a dump outside. After having almost stepped on a rattler, I walked VERRRRRYYY carefully to a new spot and prayed that I wouldn't get my balls bit.

true story.

edge

Dec 30, 2013, 2:40 AM
Post #44535 of 45342 (4892 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Sounds like BBQ fodder.

actually, it's one of my favorite stories of taking a dump outside. After having almost stepped on a rattler, I walked VERRRRRYYY carefully to a new spot and prayed that I wouldn't get my balls bit.

true story.

Yes, there were no rattlers.

Gmburns2000

Dec 30, 2013, 2:22 PM
Post #44536 of 45342 (4875 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Sounds like BBQ fodder.

true story.

probably too cold.

edge

Dec 30, 2013, 6:14 PM
Post #44537 of 45342 (4866 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Sounds like BBQ fodder.

true story.

probably too cold.

Pretty balmy, actually.

http://www.supertopo.com/...pid=Oj46PTgnICcrJQ,,

(May not be safe for work...)

Gmburns2000

Dec 31, 2013, 12:05 PM
Post #44538 of 45342 (4849 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
edge wrote:

Sounds like BBQ fodder.

true story.

probably too cold.

Pretty balmy, actually.

http://www.supertopo.com/...pid=Oj46PTgnICcrJQ,,

(May not be safe for work...)

MY EYES!!!!! ShockedMadUnsure

Gmburns2000

Dec 31, 2013, 12:07 PM
Post #44539 of 45342 (4848 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In all seriousness, I hope I can do that when I'm Loran's age.

Gmburns2000

Dec 31, 2013, 12:08 PM
Post #44540 of 45342 (4847 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A happy new year to everyone. I sincerely hope that 2014 blows all other years away. Fingers are crossed that this one good for you. Best...Greg

sungam

Jan 1, 2014, 4:20 PM
Post #44541 of 45342 (4827 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hpy nw yr

erisspirit

Jan 2, 2014, 6:13 PM
Post #44542 of 45342 (4809 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sungam] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Happy new year!

and in the world of poor timing...

I have a phone interview with the Colorado company today...

hmmmm

This might prove to be a very eventful next couple of months...

erisspirit

Jan 2, 2014, 6:14 PM
Post #44543 of 45342 (4808 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Happy new year!

hmmmm

Moving to a new state right before a wedding is totally normal right?

Partner epoch

Jan 2, 2014, 8:39 PM
Post #44544 of 45342 (4798 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Happy gnu year everyone.

Back and currently procrastinating. Had a wirlwind trip that started before Christmas with a 5 day backpacking trip that included some climbing, soaking in hot springs, and the chance upon a herd of Bighorn sheep. It was a tiresome trip, but nothing that compared to spending the next week with the GF's family. We did all the Russian things and then some. Got out hiking every day. The weather wasn't too bad either.

Stayed up for gnu years and then napped a bit before heading home, but not before stopping at various wineries on the way down. So, here it is and I am slacking off from work now....

Went in this morning to find that they truly fixed the ACs at work. After doing a bit of training, and catching up on email I decided to come home and finish the day. Can't seem to get motivated to actually do anything at the moment. So I'm sitting here posting on the internet and debating a nap.

May cave in and let the nap win!

Partner epoch

Jan 2, 2014, 8:41 PM
Post #44545 of 45342 (4797 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Happy new year!

hmmmm

nurp.

Unless you are moving to where all of your guests live. Then it becomes awkward when you tell them all that they need to get refunds on their hotel deposits and refunds/vouchers for their airfare. Also, rebooking your venue, minister, and the added expense of flying your photog out to you.

Else, carry on, get the hotel room and party it out in SD for the weeding!

erisspirit

Jan 2, 2014, 10:46 PM
Post #44546 of 45342 (4780 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Happy gnu year everyone.

Back and currently procrastinating. Had a wirlwind trip that started before Christmas with a 5 day backpacking trip that included some climbing, soaking in hot springs, and the chance upon a herd of Bighorn sheep. It was a tiresome trip, but nothing that compared to spending the next week with the GF's family. We did all the Russian things and then some. Got out hiking every day. The weather wasn't too bad either.

Stayed up for gnu years and then napped a bit before heading home, but not before stopping at various wineries on the way down. So, here it is and I am slacking off from work now....

Went in this morning to find that they truly fixed the ACs at work. After doing a bit of training, and catching up on email I decided to come home and finish the day. Can't seem to get motivated to actually do anything at the moment. So I'm sitting here posting on the internet and debating a nap.

WOO!

sounds like a fun time..

I don't have any motivation either... and I'm realizing how behind I am on wedding stuff...

good thing I already paid someone to feed people... at least we have that!

erisspirit

Jan 2, 2014, 10:47 PM
Post #44547 of 45342 (4780 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Happy new year!

hmmmm

nurp.

Unless you are moving to where all of your guests live. Then it becomes awkward when you tell them all that they need to get refunds on their hotel deposits and refunds/vouchers for their airfare. Also, rebooking your venue, minister, and the added expense of flying your photog out to you.

Else, carry on, get the hotel room and party it out in SD for the weeding!

haha!

hmmm never thought I might be an out of town guest at my own weeding!

well that's assuming I actually get the damn invitations out...

I should have done an evite Tongue

erisspirit

Jan 2, 2014, 10:49 PM
Post #44548 of 45342 (4776 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wooo get to do a programming test for the potential jorb

good thing I don't have anything else going on

Crazy

Gmburns2000

Jan 3, 2014, 1:26 PM
Post #44549 of 45342 (4756 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Happy new year!

hmmmm

Congrats on that. I hope you get it. Don't worry about all things meshing together. It's part of the adventure, right?

Gmburns2000

Jan 3, 2014, 1:29 PM
Post #44550 of 45342 (4755 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
Happy gnu year everyone.

I'm about to get my ass handed to me in a week. I've been SUPER lazy the past few weeks. Not a lot of clients nor work in general. I started a work-from-home social media job on an art site a couple of weeks ago and next week start teaching an intensive english class. combined with my private classes I'm looking at my first regular 50-hour weeks in three years...off the couch!

This also doesn't exclude the work I'm going to need to do now that my project is funded, too. When it rains...

First page Previous page 1 ... 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook