Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 ... 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All


erisspirit


Jan 20, 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #44576 of 45337 (3911 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3770

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Welp I blew my interview Unsure

the good news is It doesn't look like I will have to fit in a move pre wedding...

the bad news is the torture of interviewing and applying for jobs isn't over yet...

That sucks. what happened? Sorry to hear it, but at least you got the bad one out of the way first?

huh I guess I get a change to update my coding portion of the test so maybe it's not totally over yet...

well for one thing I am terrible at buzzwords... I'll know how something should be implemented, and can write the required code, but I don't always remember the buzzword name for what I'm doing... There are so many, that I try to refresh on as many as I can, but I missed the ones they asked about, and hadn't used them in about 2+ years Unsure

ah, I get it. so you might have blown the test, but you didn't tell the interviewer to piss off or anything. nice that you get to change the test. hopefully that changes things well enough. good luck!


We'll see!

also apparently I am in the running for a 6 month contract job here in San Diegers... not sure exactly what I think about it right now...

on one side 6 months might be much better timing if I want to move, but on the other hand, I will likely be job hunting again in 6 months ... something I'm not totally stoked on...

I might be able to stay at my current job for 6 more months, but no telling how crappy it might be by then if it still even exists

so many adult decisions!

may seem obvious, but remember to always take the best opportunity.

true... they key though is being able to recognize what is best Tongue

Welp... I think I know what's next for me at least in the immediate future... details are still being worked out, but I feel pretty good about it.


edge


Jan 20, 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #44577 of 45337 (3906 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
went hiking yesterday on a popular trail I hadn't hiked before... while the hike was fine, I realized very quickly why I had been avoiding it. There were tons of people, and I lost count of how many were blasting music. There was trash everywhere from people not wanting to hike out their water bottles, and a giant line to take a picture on the rock at the summit.

It made me a little sad to see the trail so noisy and wrecked.

I might try the hike in the early morning, or a weekday, but never again mid-day on a weekend...

We had a similar but not quite so bad experience taking the dogs for a walk yesterday. The area was nice, kind of a mini Garden of the Gods right at the mouth of Boulder Canyon, but it was packed. We did find an out of the way loop that had nice views and only a handful of people though.

Saturday was great, climbing at N Table Mtn in tee shirts. Some trad, some sport, and some fun.


edge


Jan 20, 2014, 10:58 AM
Post #44578 of 45337 (3904 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Had a filling replaced this morning, and now I'm at the shop. The left side of my face is numb (oh noes, I'm stroking out!) and I can't blow the sawdust off the planer infeed table between cuts.


(This post was edited by edge on Jan 20, 2014, 10:59 AM)


Gmburns2000


Jan 21, 2014, 3:55 AM
Post #44579 of 45337 (3879 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
went hiking yesterday on a popular trail I hadn't hiked before... while the hike was fine, I realized very quickly why I had been avoiding it. There were tons of people, and I lost count of how many were blasting music. There was trash everywhere from people not wanting to hike out their water bottles, and a giant line to take a picture on the rock at the summit.

It made me a little sad to see the trail so noisy and wrecked.

I might try the hike in the early morning, or a weekday, but never again mid-day on a weekend...

Really? people still litter in nature these days? Is this a west-coast thing?


Partner macherry


Jan 21, 2014, 8:56 AM
Post #44580 of 45337 (3867 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
went hiking yesterday on a popular trail I hadn't hiked before... while the hike was fine, I realized very quickly why I had been avoiding it. There were tons of people, and I lost count of how many were blasting music. There was trash everywhere from people not wanting to hike out their water bottles, and a giant line to take a picture on the rock at the summit.

It made me a little sad to see the trail so noisy and wrecked.

I might try the hike in the early morning, or a weekday, but never again mid-day on a weekend...

Really? people still litter in nature these days? Is this a west-coast thing?

have you been living under a rock..........good christ people are pigs.


Gmburns2000


Jan 21, 2014, 9:17 AM
Post #44581 of 45337 (3859 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
went hiking yesterday on a popular trail I hadn't hiked before... while the hike was fine, I realized very quickly why I had been avoiding it. There were tons of people, and I lost count of how many were blasting music. There was trash everywhere from people not wanting to hike out their water bottles, and a giant line to take a picture on the rock at the summit.

It made me a little sad to see the trail so noisy and wrecked.

I might try the hike in the early morning, or a weekday, but never again mid-day on a weekend...

Really? people still litter in nature these days? Is this a west-coast thing?

have you been living under a rock..........good christ people are pigs.

well, despite Curitiba having the reputation of being the cleanest city in Brasil, people still litter a lot here. Still, Boston doesn't have a lot of litter, and neither does Maine that I remember. I can't remember a single hike that I have been on in the northeast where there was a noticeable amount of litter. Just saying that I was suprised by Erin's description.


erisspirit


Jan 21, 2014, 1:09 PM
Post #44582 of 45337 (3851 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3770

Re: [macherry] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
went hiking yesterday on a popular trail I hadn't hiked before... while the hike was fine, I realized very quickly why I had been avoiding it. There were tons of people, and I lost count of how many were blasting music. There was trash everywhere from people not wanting to hike out their water bottles, and a giant line to take a picture on the rock at the summit.

It made me a little sad to see the trail so noisy and wrecked.

I might try the hike in the early morning, or a weekday, but never again mid-day on a weekend...

Really? people still litter in nature these days? Is this a west-coast thing?

have you been living under a rock..........good christ people are pigs.


This


erisspirit


Jan 21, 2014, 1:11 PM
Post #44583 of 45337 (3848 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3770

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

welp decision made..

I will be staying In San Diegoers for at least 6 more months making a dingy load of money on a contract.

then we will either try for something else in colorado or I can try for a permanent position at the same company.

I'm actually pretty stoked. I think I will learn a lot at this new place, and then if we choose to move the timing will actually be pretty much perfect.


donald949


Jan 21, 2014, 3:55 PM
Post #44584 of 45337 (3841 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Happy new year!

and in the world of poor timing...

I have a phone interview with the Colorado company today...

hmmmm

This might prove to be a very eventful next couple of months...

Congrats on that. I hope you get it. Don't worry about all things meshing together. It's part of the adventure, right?
tell me about it.


donald949


Jan 21, 2014, 4:03 PM
Post #44585 of 45337 (3835 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
welp decision made..

I will be staying In San Diegoers for at least 6 more months making a dingy load of money on a contract.

then we will either try for something else in colorado or I can try for a permanent position at the same company.

I'm actually pretty stoked. I think I will learn a lot at this new place, and then if we choose to move the timing will actually be pretty much perfect.
Congrats!
That seams the way of things. I too tanked my first interviews, but did better on following ones.
Seams like a good situation though. not having to relocate during the weeding thing.


donald949


Jan 21, 2014, 4:06 PM
Post #44586 of 45337 (3832 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Been up to my armpits in aligators getting redeye fer me move. Just chilling in front of the computer four a few.
Headed out soon.
N otter knews, did get out fer sum camping over Christmas brake. Wuz good.


donald949


Jan 21, 2014, 4:12 PM
Post #44587 of 45337 (3829 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11455

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

New owner, but same ol same ol.
Or m eye missing sumting?


Gmburns2000


Jan 21, 2014, 5:31 PM
Post #44588 of 45337 (3822 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
Been up to my armpits in aligators getting redeye fer me move. Just chilling in front of the computer four a few.
Headed out soon.
N otter knews, did get out fer sum camping over Christmas brake. Wuz good.

When's the move? Things coming together? You going alone first or at the wife and kids coming along at the same time?


Gmburns2000


Jan 21, 2014, 5:32 PM
Post #44589 of 45337 (3820 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
New owner, but same ol same ol.
Or m eye missing sumting?

nope. nothing new.


erisspirit


Jan 22, 2014, 10:03 AM
Post #44590 of 45337 (3811 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3770

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
welp decision made..

I will be staying In San Diegoers for at least 6 more months making a dingy load of money on a contract.

then we will either try for something else in colorado or I can try for a permanent position at the same company.

I'm actually pretty stoked. I think I will learn a lot at this new place, and then if we choose to move the timing will actually be pretty much perfect.
Congrats!
That seams the way of things. I too tanked my first interviews, but did better on following ones.
Seams like a good situation though. not having to relocate during the weeding thing.

Thanks!

and as a bonus this gives me more time to visit CO before committing :P


erisspirit


Jan 22, 2014, 10:05 AM
Post #44591 of 45337 (3809 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3770

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wooo Jtree this weekend!

knowing me and how much leading I have done lately...

bring on the 5.4s! Laugh

on maybe 5.6 Crazy

or maybe toprope Wink

actually I'll make sure I lead SOMETHING I have some embarrassingly shiny cams to ding up


erisspirit


Jan 22, 2014, 10:05 AM
Post #44592 of 45337 (3807 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3770

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
Wooo Jtree this weekend!

knowing me and how much leading I have done lately...

bring on the 5.4s! Laugh

on maybe 5.6 Crazy

or maybe toprope Wink

actually I'll make sure I lead SOMETHING I have some embarrassingly shiny cams to ding up

I'm bringing out my new giant wok for camping! just need to learn how to wok stuff now :P


Kartessa


Jan 22, 2014, 1:25 PM
Post #44593 of 45337 (3795 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 17, 2008
Posts: 7362

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
donald949 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
welp decision made..

I will be staying In San Diegoers for at least 6 more months making a dingy load of money on a contract.

then we will either try for something else in colorado or I can try for a permanent position at the same company.

I'm actually pretty stoked. I think I will learn a lot at this new place, and then if we choose to move the timing will actually be pretty much perfect.
Congrats!
That seams the way of things. I too tanked my first interviews, but did better on following ones.
Seams like a good situation though. not having to relocate during the weeding thing.

Thanks!

and as a bonus this gives me more time to visit CO before committing :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXmh1Da9zlo


Gmburns2000


Jan 22, 2014, 5:37 PM
Post #44594 of 45337 (3785 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Wooo Jtree this weekend!

knowing me and how much leading I have done lately...

bring on the 5.4s! Laugh

on maybe 5.6 Crazy

or maybe toprope Wink

actually I'll make sure I lead SOMETHING I have some embarrassingly shiny cams to ding up

I'm bringing out my new giant wok for camping! just need to learn how to wok stuff now :P

super easy to cook with a wok. just add olive oil and have at it.


edge


Jan 22, 2014, 6:14 PM
Post #44595 of 45337 (3780 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 14, 2003
Posts: 9120

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Wooo Jtree this weekend!

knowing me and how much leading I have done lately...

bring on the 5.4s! Laugh

on maybe 5.6 Crazy

or maybe toprope Wink

actually I'll make sure I lead SOMETHING I have some embarrassingly shiny cams to ding up

I'm bringing out my new giant wok for camping! just need to learn how to wok stuff now :P

super easy to cook with a wok. just add olive oil and have at it.

You can also duct tape it to a stick for a parasol, put a cat in in to tow it across a stream, pan for gold, bang a gong, put it on yer head for Cinco de Mayo, or use the lid to fend off sword attacks.

Take a wok on the wild side (and the colored girls go...)


Gmburns2000


Jan 23, 2014, 4:52 AM
Post #44596 of 45337 (3756 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [edge] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

edge wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Wooo Jtree this weekend!

knowing me and how much leading I have done lately...

bring on the 5.4s! Laugh

on maybe 5.6 Crazy

or maybe toprope Wink

actually I'll make sure I lead SOMETHING I have some embarrassingly shiny cams to ding up

I'm bringing out my new giant wok for camping! just need to learn how to wok stuff now :P

super easy to cook with a wok. just add olive oil and have at it.

You can also duct tape it to a stick for a parasol, put a cat in in to tow it across a stream, pan for gold, bang a gong, put it on yer head for Cinco de Mayo, or use the lid to fend off sword attacks.

Take a wok on the wild side (and the colored girls go...)

do, do do, do do, do, do (it)


Partner epoch
Moderator

Jan 23, 2014, 8:15 AM
Post #44597 of 45337 (3748 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32163

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Africa Update:

Cape Town is a fun international city. We saw so much and were disappointed that we had to go so soon, as we didn't get to see enough! Took a ride up Table Mountain and hiked the top to the other side; then went to Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden where we walked for another couple of hours amongst the flora of Africa whilst being surrounded by several species of birds. We finished off our first day with a stop to Groot Constantia Estate where wine was consumed. Day two saw us driving our rental down the cape to the Cape of Good Hope. Saw some spectacular villages and some impeccable scenery. We then went back up the other side and stopped to see some penguins, followed by an evening walk-around of Cape Town. Our last day there we spent on a shitty wine tour. Shitty because the wineries our tour agency booked, despite being beautiful, had crap wines. Other than that, the area was beautiful.

After a long flight to the other side of the country we found ourselves in Kruger National Park for our Safari days. If you ever get the chance, go on Safari. I have yet to process the pictures, but we saw some incredible wildlife and witnessed a lion kill of an African Buffalo. Currently at home and jetlagged; taking a few days off of work to recoup.

Here's some unedited shots






Once I get proper motivation I will be putting two posts up on my travel blog. Those with access to my fasbuk will have access to it, I may post it here too.


erisspirit


Jan 23, 2014, 12:41 PM
Post #44598 of 45337 (3739 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3770

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
Wooo Jtree this weekend!

knowing me and how much leading I have done lately...

bring on the 5.4s! Laugh

on maybe 5.6 Crazy

or maybe toprope Wink

actually I'll make sure I lead SOMETHING I have some embarrassingly shiny cams to ding up

I'm bringing out my new giant wok for camping! just need to learn how to wok stuff now :P

super easy to cook with a wok. just add olive oil and have at it.

true...

it was more finding WHAT to cook that I needed to do...

Sounds like beef with broccoli was voted in... so I guess I'll be making that


Gmburns2000


Jan 24, 2014, 5:12 AM
Post #44599 of 45337 (3716 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Mar 6, 2007
Posts: 15253

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sweet stuff. I'd love to hit south africa. I'm a little leery of the crime situation there but fuck, I live in Brasil so maybe it's not so different. I'd totally do a safari, too and would love to see the Cape of Good Hope. Looking forward to the pics.


erisspirit


Jan 27, 2014, 9:53 AM
Post #44600 of 45337 (3676 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 14, 2004
Posts: 3770

Re: [erisspirit] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Had a great time in Jtree. I really needed a weekend of camping, climbing, and lying around on rocks in the sun.

Now it's my last week at Active, and next week it's on to a new job!

First page Previous page 1 ... 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook